Tywiggins Roster Editor

Wicked420

$10 here $10 dollars there, man when does it end. Cool if he wants $10 but I would assume someone will come out with the same thing for free, just give it time. But as always, thanks for everyone's hard work / fun on here. Sorry just tired of getting pinched by everyone. Hope the thank yous are worth something too. :ph34r:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$10 here $10 dollars there, man when does it end. Cool if he wants $10 but I would assume someone will come out with the same thing for free, just give it time. But as always, thanks for everyone's hard work / fun on here. Sorry just tired of getting pinched by everyone. Hope the thank yous are worth something too. :ph34r:

$20 for the game

$10 for the roster editor

Yeah, that's $30, but think about it. The other versions of this game on the consoles are $60 and you cannot mod them in the same way. It's worth it in my opinion. I personally think the console people got ripped off by paying that much for the game.

I haven't seen anyone else charge for a mod (and this really isn't a mod). The tool took a lot of time from what I can tell. I have no problem paying someone for something I cannot do or do not have the time to do.

The way I see it, if people don't want to pay, go develop your own and release it for free. (Not specifically pointing at you, but some of the other people that have posted)

Anyone know if the edit limit still applies to this editor?

I haven't tried creating anything, so am not sure.

Also with this editor, we aren't supposed to be able to change teams right? If not, something is wrong with mine, because I can't :p

There is no names Edit limit with this program.

You can't edit teams yet.

I've been searching everywhere about what can be edited within the franchise file. Anyone know the details. I haven't downloaded it yet.

Question for Ty?

Have you found anything relating to the season schedule? I would love to change start times to the games. The Cubs schedule has almost all their games at home at night which is not realistic.

Right now it just edits players. It has 4 groups of things that can be edited: General, Hitting, Pitching, Fielding

I haven't looked for the schedule yet.

Is it possible to create a player with the Roster Editor?

I see a bunch of entries that just say "...................." . What are those?

Or does the created player have to be done inside the game?

It's not currently possible to create a player with the Roster Editor.

The last 50 of them are the create-a-players. I have been able to activate them.

I haven't had any success in turning the others into active players.

First off I think that credit should go where the credit is due. It was the community that helped to map what variable needed to be changed to effect certain attributes in the game. I have no doubt that the author spent a good deal of time writting the code for the interface. However I do have one question, are the folks who contributed to the maping of the variables being compensated or even recognized for their efforts?

You have taken others research and efforts and used the information to develop this tool. Their is a general concensus that due to the effort put in to making the tool the author should be compensated. What about the folks that provided the reasearch and information they put in just as much effort and time to make this possible. I believed that most were providing the information expecting to recieve a tool that they can use in the future but are now being asked to pay for it. This just seems a little hypocritical if you ask me.

Eventhough, I am tempted to pay (as I want to edit my franchise) I will pass and wait for someone else to post a free editor.

First off I think that credit should go where the credit is due. It was the community that helped to map what variable needed to be changed to effect certain attributes in the game. I have no doubt that the author spent a good deal of time writting the code for the interface. However I do have one question, are the folks who contributed to the maping of the variables being compensated or even recognized for their efforts?

You have taken others research and efforts and used the information to develop this tool. Their is a general concensus that due to the effort put in to making the tool the author should be compensated. What about the folks that provided the reasearch and information they put in just as much effort and time to make this possible. I believed that most were providing the information expecting to recieve a tool that they can use in the future but are now being asked to pay for it. This just seems a little hypocritical if you ask me.

Eventhough, I am tempted to pay (as I want to edit my franchise) I will pass and wait for someone else to post a free editor.

I would have to agree. But curious, who are you? Or are you really a first time poster?

I have done a fair amount of the mapping myself. krawhitham helped some when I was starting out, and I gave him thanks on my download page. Tony3 has done a lot of mapping, though again, I had already done much of what he had.

I have given some credit to Tony3. I also registered him for free. I am also thinking about giving him a percentage of what I make, as his information has helped save me quite a bit of time.

I know of no one else that has contributed to the mapping of the roster files.

Are there any plans to make the editor for MLB2K9 fully functional in the way the MVP editor is? What I mean is edit players, easily move them from team to team, edit portraits, etc? I know the game has not been out that long yet, just wondering if that was in the plans. Great job by the way!

Archived