Mvp Or Mlb 2k9: Which One Are You Playing?

Minnesota Twins

MVP or MLB 2K9: Which one are you playing?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I am Currently Playing...

• MVP 2005 (2007) (2008)
    • MLB 2K9

I am interested in the climate of the general opinion of which game is just plain better.

The poll on the other hand asks specifically... which game are you playing.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and loaded MLB 2k9.

After more than 5 disheartening attempts at a franchise in 2K9, I think I am moving back to MVP Baseball.

Thank You for contributing.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm playing both. However I'm playing 2k9 for the most part. I started playing TC'51 which is excellent, however MVP is really starting to feel dated.

I will play both because of the classics but most likely I'll stick with 2k and try to help make it better.

I am interested in the climate of the general opinion of which game is just plain better.

The poll on the other hand asks specifically... which game are you playing.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and loaded MLB 2k9.

After more than 5 disheartening attempts at a franchise in 2K9, I think I am moving back to MVP Baseball.

Thank You for contributing.

I cannot go back to MVP.

I can no longer take the pitch meter. Playing an MVP style game is "minimal user influence". I actually wish 2k9 would have kept the fielding and throwing from 2k8, because there was even more user influence than there is in 2k9.

I absolutely love HH2003, MVP08, but after playing 2k7/8/9, and with mods coming and coming ... I just can't go back.

I'm playing 2K9 and having very few AI issues now that i have: turned the fielding indicator to fixed, found very good sliders that i now have adjusted to my playing style, and the number one issue fix for me was going from a saitek controller to a $20 logitech gamepad...almost all of the fielding errors and menu glitches went away=)!!!!!...with the hopes of another patch coming and fixing some of the franchise issues, MVP is a thing of the past for me.

Could it also be that some users do not have the computer to handle 2K9? I think that should have also been an option in the vote. I know just before I built my new computer, my old one was having an difficult time handling 2K9...Just to have a more realistic idea, I would suggest adding that as one of your poll options.

I go back and play mvp 08 sometimes, but I play 2k9 the majority of the time. I still have a lot of fun with 2k9, there are some flaws but nothin game breaking, not for me anyway. I have a have a hard time staying interested in my mvp franchise, just been playing it for too long I guess.

Could it also be that some users do not have the computer to handle 2K9? I think that should have also been an option in the vote. I know just before I built my new computer, my old one was having an difficult time handling 2K9...Just to have a more realistic idea, I would suggest adding that as one of your poll options.

I think that's a valid point because I am in the area of wanting to try 2K9 and would get the demo if I met the minimum requirements, but MVP is just flat out amazing. I've played 2K8 on xbox and I didn't like it because I'm too attached to MVP. Greatest baseball game ever made. I hate EA's guts for selling the rights to make MVP....

I've gone back and forth on this one! But, I'm playing 2k9 right now. I have been playing MVP since the day it came out, and nothing can top the gameplay. But it's time for something new. 2k9 is a solid game when you make a few adjustments like the locking the fielding indicator among other things. 2K9 looks especially promising with the possibility of a 3rd patch and the attention from the greatest modders ever.

Playing MVP and the Show over at a friends house when I have the chance. I will NOT EVER play MLB 2K9 again, nor any other 2K release... Anyone who honestly believes it's a good game doesn't know what realistic baseball is...

I cannot for the life of me understanding why this debate is even happening,

the mlb 2k series is awful.

And besides this website is called mvpmods.com, it pisses me off that the downloads section is being dominated by 2k9 updates, there should be a separate website for it.

MVP 2005 is the greatest baseball game ever made, and its should be the focus of ALL modding

What more can be modded on MVP?

We've got basically all the stadiums, uniforms, datafiles, overlays, gloves, rosters, etc that are possible.

The only thing left to mod, essentially, is to have every single year of baseball history available as a mod. Is there anyone willing to make those?

I was surprised that the modders were moving to 2k9, and that's essentially why I purched the game (along with the total controls). I get the feeling that there's basically nothing left to explore for MVP. Still, they're updating everything for the 2009 version ... so both parties (2k9 and MVP08/09), as well as those that play both, should be happy.

With the exception of walks (and I know from reading OS forums, The Show has the same challenge), I find that 2k9 plays rather realistic, and I keep track of team stats to track it (I've posted my results in other threads, and they're pretty right on).

I remember quite a few people hanging on to EWB until BBPRO (also Tony LaRussa Series) came out, and BBPRO guys hung on until High Heat came out, and the same thing seems to be existing with MVP.

After I played 2k9 for a frustrating week, I came over to MVP because I want realism, and that's just what MVP delivers. The mods give MVP the "timeless" tag because the classic years will always be intriguing. Until someone makes the classics on a better, newer-gen game that delivers good gameplay, I will be playing MVP.

Archived