Mlb2k9 Sliders

Griz891

Here's what i've been playing with for 20 some games and if you want a realistic mlb game then give these a try. There's no need to show results because everyone plays different. On your settings, turn strike zone off, kzone off, lock the shader and for god sakes don't use inside edge. Inside edge is a complete joke, i've had guys hit bombs in locations they were supposively weak at. With these sliders, work the counts, believe me you can get walks. I've had up to 7 or 8 walks in one game, depending on the pitcher. Use pitches that are working for that specific pitcher. What I mean is that some games a particular pitcher's slider is working good and the next game it may not be. Play with the camera settings and find something that is comfortable to see and play the game. For instance my camera settings for batting are 3 and 7, for pitching I use 3,4,3, right. Believe me with all the kzone, strikezone and no IE it really looks and feels like a more realistic game. There's enough annoying little glitches without all this junk added to it. And to be honest with you, i've really haven't run into to many since the patch, but yes i've seen one every now and then, so no the game isn't perfect. Only use the left stick if you need to hit a popfly to bring a runner home from 3rd or for bunting, trust me you'll get more outs using it then you will homeruns.

MLB2K9Sliders.rar

Here's what i've been playing with for 20 some games and if you want a realistic mlb game then give these a try. There's no need to show results because everyone plays different. On your settings, turn strike zone off, kzone off, lock the shader and for god sakes don't use inside edge. Inside edge is a complete joke, i've had guys hit bombs in locations they were supposively weak at. With these sliders, work the counts, believe me you can get walks. I've had up to 7 or 8 walks in one game, depending on the pitcher. Use pitches that are working for that specific pitcher. What I mean is that some games a particular pitcher's slider is working good and the next game it may not be. Play with the camera settings and find something that is comfortable to see and play the game. For instance my camera settings for batting are 3 and 7, for pitching I use 3,4,3, right. Believe me with all the kzone, strikezone and no IE it really looks and feels like a more realistic game. There's enough annoying little glitches without all this junk added to it. And to be honest with you, i've really haven't run into to many since the patch, but yes i've seen one every now and then, so no the game isn't perfect. Only use the left stick if you need to hit a popfly to bring a runner home from 3rd or for bunting, trust me you'll get more outs using it then you will homeruns.

MLB2K9Sliders.rar

I should have added that the throw meter is set at 95. This is kinda dangerous for overthrowing, if you drop it down to 50 it should be alot better for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to change my difficulty sliders around so I looked into different ones and decided to try this one.

It does indeed seems very realistic and I played a random game of the Pirates Vs. the Cardinals as the Pirates. I got a 3 run lead in the first inning then ended up losing on a walk-off base hit in the 9th 3-4. I thought it was very fair, especially with the batting. It's just hard enough not to hit home runs without getting it perfect and its hard enough on the high/low and inside/outside that if you time in the wrong spot you will have weak contact but you can still be just a hair off and get a solid hit too.

The pitching was pretty fair and the computer hit a two run homer off me because I hung a curve high and inside. Exactly as it should be. Almost every time I made a mistake they got a hit and only one hit did I feel that they shouldn't of hit the ball where I threw it. But that's realistic too because sometimes hitters do just get lucky, as long as it only happens once or twice during a game.

I haven't tried any other sliders for this game but so far I like these a lot and I see no reason to change.

• 1 month later...

hey i put the sliders in the main directory but I couldnt find them when trying to load the sliders where exactly do i need to save this file at in order for the game to find it?

How To Install

--------------

For XP users:

Extract the .SLD file to your /Documents and Settings/2K Sports/MLb 2k9/Saves folder

and load the sliders.

For Vista Users:

Goto My Computer and click the Organize tab at the top left, Click Folder and Search Options and select the

view tab. Ensure that the button labeled Show Hidden Files and Folders under the folder Hidden Files and Folders

is selected. If it is not selected then select it.

Proceed to the Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/2K Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder and extract the .SLD

file and load it in the game.

• 2 months later...

MLB2K9Sliders.rar

I've downloaded your slider and done what you say but I'm a little confused, you say turn strike zone & kzone off. Are these not the same thing? If not were do I find the kzone option? You also say 'lock the shader', what is this? And where is it found? Also do you have the Batters Eye on? I've had to lower the pitch speed because my hand eye reactions aint that fast ;) other than that the slider settings seem great. I hope someone can help me with my ignorance of strike/k zone & shader issue.

Archived