Franchise: Detroit V. St.louis 2009

CircleChange11

What the heck? When I posted all this update images, they were the perfect size, and legible, without being "too big". Now, they are reduced to 66% and you can't read/see anything specific.

Is there any way to keep them from being reduced? Am I doing something wrong or do I need to change a setting or something?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Twins Custom Jerseys.

All of the jerseys presented, except for the Cardinals and TIgers are "sketches", many of which I have not seen "in game" until just now. They all have some work that needs done, and I'll do that the second time I play that team.

Twins Away Navy

mlb2k92009-06-0317-53-16-79.jpg

Home Navy

mlb2k92009-06-0317-52-21-20.jpg

Away Grey

mlb2k92009-06-0317-51-04-44.jpg

Home White

mlb2k92009-06-0317-50-35-13.jpg

I actually like the home whites ... the away jerseys, not so much.

Kansas City Royals ... I will redo these with custom logos/scripts, but keep the color scheme.

Home White

mlb2k92009-06-0317-39-42-26.jpg

Away Grey

mlb2k92009-06-0317-40-14-23.jpg

Need to use an all black alpha image to kep the "Kansas City" from showing through.

Home 'Gold'

mlb2k92009-06-0317-41-27-68.jpg

Away 'Gold'

mlb2k92009-06-0317-42-00-66.jpg

Using a blank green texture image will resolve the shading issues.

Also have Navy Home and Away, but forgot to capture them.

StL Cardinals .. trying something new with the home whites. IMages look quite a bit different when editing than they do in the game. Gonna take some figuring out on the spacing/stretching.

Home White

mlb2k92009-06-0317-05-55-28.jpg

Away Grey

mlb2k92009-06-0317-06-33-28.jpg

Home Red

mlb2k92009-06-0317-07-59-33.jpg

Away Red

mlb2k92009-06-0317-08-27-69.jpg

Home Navy (Cannot get rid of the 190's collar underneath, even when replacing the green texture image)

mlb2k92009-06-0317-10-29-33.jpg

Away Navy

mlb2k92009-06-0317-10-56-86.jpg

OAK Athletics ... 1st time viewing.

Home White

mlb2k92009-06-0316-42-53-85.jpg

Away Grey

mlb2k92009-06-0316-43-14-95.jpg

Home Green

mlb2k92009-06-0316-45-06-33.jpg

Away Green

mlb2k92009-06-0316-45-42-70.jpg

Home Yellow

mlb2k92009-06-0316-47-27-71.jpg

Away Yellow

mlb2k92009-06-0316-51-21-42.jpg

Almost all of these (non-Tigers) need extra work. I will also make a button layer to place over the top of the jerseys so that the script does not cover the buttons. Many of the scripts need moved in order to prevent collisions with the jersey numbers I'm trying more jersey styles, but the spacing/stretching is tricky. Many of these jerseys are first time viewings for me. Some are good, some are not.

Thanks. I'm actually trying to replicate these jerseys styles (or parts of them) while creating some styles of my own.

diplomat.jpg

patriot.jpg

union.jpg

capital.jpg

senator.jpg

memorial.jpg

national.jpg

constitution.jpg

Once I get everything "just right" and in the "right spot", I'll release the unfirom template that includes any and all of the jersey features I've used. Then, folks can make whatever Frankenstein jerseys they want ... with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look ... it's an actual franchise update!

I've been having a lot of fun playing with the sliders, playing entertaining games, and making the 'Modern Classics' uniform set (instead of concept jerseys). BUt here is an update through 51 games, about 1/3rd through the season.

51g-standings.jpg

It's great, both of my teams are barely over .500, and one of em is in first, and the other was until they were swept by MIL. Go figure.

I don;t know what the heck is up with Tornoto, and I'm not sure if they'll wake up or not.

51g-battingleaders.jpg

51g-pitchingleaders.jpg

Javier Vasquez? *Shrugs*

I've had to allow for higher user batting averages due to so few walks, in order to achieve a realistic WHIP, which leads to runs scored.

The walks have ben more frequent, and I've lowered user batting contact to 55 (from 60), and that makes a BIG difference (over the last 7 games). So, my players' batting averages will likely drop 30 points or so as the year goes on.

I will also tweak the hit direction slider from 15 to 25, so that when the situations calls for a "home run swing", it will result in a few more homers, rather than doubles or fly outs. Ordonez and Cabrera could use it. For some reason, my AL games are playing much more like "picher's leagues" and my NL games are playing like "hitter's leagues". Combined, it's pretty realistic (See below).

51g-scoreboardsliders.jpg

I've pooped the wrong records somehow. StL is 28-24, Det is 26-25. But, the fantasy scoring thing has been kinda fun.

51g-stlstatscopy.jpg

Rasmus is going to replace Schumaker in the lead-off spot, and Duncan has been very good in the #2 slot, getting on base and not killing rallis before Albert gets to the plate. I usually kill with LHB's, but cannot get Ankiel 'realy' going, even though he is on pace for ~100 RBI.

Carpenter is confusing. He usually cruises for a few innings and then get dumped on for 4 or 5 runs in an inning. It's driving me nuts.

Perez is gonna replace FRanklin as the closer, and Miller and Motte have played themselves into a well-earned AAA demotion.

51g-detstats.jpg

In my last 2 games, I've done some crazy stuff with Detroit's lineup to get some offense going.

I moved Guillen back to SS, put Josh Anderson in LF (Has done awesome so far), put Larish at 3rd (Inge in against LHP), and have Thames as DH. Inge isn;t hitting for average or power, and I need at least one. Anderson leads off and Grandy has been moved to 9th (where he's gone 4-for-7 in the last 2 games ... go figure).

Porcello has been very good, but his ERA is high due to one bad game where tried to work through a big inning ... only to remove him, and have the relivers give up all 3 inherited runners. Poor Verlander always pitches well enough to lose and/or when he pitches well, the relivers come in and blow it or get the win on a comeback.

Bonderman is on his way to AAA, if I can find someone halfway decent to replace him. Certainly can;t do any worse.

There's no way I can update after every game or series using 2 teams, along with making Modern Classics jerseys, and the other stuff.

But I can/will update every 10 games using a 'This Week in Baseball' type of format. It'll be might "Late Sunday Night" activity.

Here's some images from the week ...

TEX's Chris Davis tees off in a 1980s Modern Classics hybrid uni.

mlb2k92009-06-1020-48-44-49.jpg

StL's Troy Glaus watches a 2R HR leave the yard, wearing a 1940s Modern Classics uni.

mlb2k92009-06-1021-17-43-61.jpg

This is what's known as the "F--- Yeah" face. Had I ever hit a HR, I would have made that face.

Aramis Ramirez - Cubs Modern classics jersey - 40s style, I think.

mlb2k92009-06-1021-29-27-19.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Mark-Freackin-Teahen ... KC Monarchs style Modern Classics jersey.

mlb2k92009-06-1222-59-37-47.jpg

2-outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd, trailing by two no less. 'Natch.

Don't throw it there. Pujols in an 1982 style MOdern Classics uni. LaRussa enjoys the blast.

mlb2k92009-06-1401-03-01-49.jpg

Zack Grienke & John Buck; 1955 KC A's style jersey.

mlb2k92009-06-1402-23-40-51.jpg

Cabrera "blazing" down the line in a 1902 Modern Classics jersey.

mlb2k92009-06-1020-25-23-94.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna use this format for my game updates.

[1] I haven't seen anyone use mlbtv as a template yet.

[2] I think I can update this quickly.

[3] It includes good in-game graphics (I can experiment with tv overlays)

[4] Also includes lots of stats.

I'm trying to get more enjoyment out of the franchise, by getting a little bit more "engaged" with it.

STL-G64.jpg

Will update 5 more games in the next 15 minutes.

Some Trade Talk ...

I need to send McLouth to Atlanta, and swap DeRosa (StL) and Perez (CLE) ... I waited until after this series since the teams were playing each other.

I'm woring out the finals details on these trades, they may include more players and/or prospects to balance out the deal.

DET sends 2B Placido Polanco to CHC for OF Milton Bradley. (This trade might also include the names Marmol, Rodney, Zumaya). I haven't decided if I want to keep this a 'small' one-for-one type of trade or go BIG, and acquire the 'closer' the Tigers need, while getting the Cubs a 7-8-9 inning (Rodney-Zumaya-Gregg) late-game sequence. THe storyline is Marmol is disgruntled with still being the setup man. I'm hesitant because I get the feeling that CHC are going to eventually name Marmol the closer, and my realism is gonna be screwed. I'm leaning towards 'small', but flirting with 'big'.

I'm also flirting with a StL trade for Holliday trade as those rumors are kicking up again ... but I'll wait until the deadline to see where Holliday really goes (if he goes) ... and if he doesn;t go to another contender, then I might work a trade with StL.

Wow, that MLB format is excellent CC! I also haven't seen a uniform that I haven't liked out of the ones you've shown, some really impressive stuff there.

Thanks, I need to get those unfiroms in the downloads section quickly. I feel like a jerk, because I keep promising to do so ... but keep spending time on other (selfish) things, like game updates, making more unis, and playing more games.

The "much anticipated" inter-league series ... Detroit @ Pittsburgh. All 3 games were close?

DET-G62UPDATE.jpg

DET-G63UPDATE.jpg

DET-G64UPDATE.jpg

I'm all caught up and ready for the Detroit-StLouis interleague series ... featuring both of my teams. I'll make all trades before playing the games. I'm gonna coin flip to see which team I use for game 1, and then alternate for the remainder of the series. I'm not sure if me playing as a particular team is an advantage/disadvantage. I'm as streaky (and unstable) as Milton Bradley ... who is on his way to Detroit (in this franchise).

Archived