Franchise: Detroit V. St.louis 2009

CircleChange11

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that MLB.TV template CC. Excellent idea.

I was making a lot of different looks, and then I searched for "mlbtv screenshots", and when I saw a few of em, I thought "that's it, there it is", and went to work. I like that it gives me lots of flexibility (headlines, sublines, lots of stats, and a way to show off some of the graphics in the game).

I'm planning on doing a "screen" for each division in my updates, showing the leading player/pitcher in that division, as well as standings.

The uniforms look outstanding.

Thanks. The Indians have some of the coolest uniforms that I've made ... there's a home/away jersey from the 50s, hopme/away from the 70s (home is the all red jerseys), away is blue, and then the striped jerseys from the 80s ... of Major League (movie) fame.

Those trades you're thinking about sound interesting.

I'm definitely trading for Bradley. He's worn out his welcome in Chicago ... and I had him on my 2k7 franchise (a Washington Nationals "Expansion Mode" idea ... really fun), and he had a monster season, something like .313-28-123 ... hopefully he can reproduce those numbers for the struggling Tigers offense. Polanco should fit in well with the cubs .... good defense, and great bat contact/control.

I'm gonna hold off on trading for Marmol, b/c they may not be realistic, and I'm also gonna wait till the trade deadline re: Holliday to see how his situation really plays out. He may end up being a Cardinal anyway. I think StL HAS TO pay for some protection for Albert, because Ludwick and Ankiel seemed to have been "figured out" by scouting. StL has major fan support, so I'm not sure I understand the grounds of their "limited budget" stuff. You're not going to get solid protection for Albert without paying for it. 2008 looks to be a fluke, with Ludwick. He's not gonna be a 30/100 guy each year. I don't want to se the Cards be content with one title during Albert's reign. I think Holliday will flourish in Busch, which seems to be a hitter's park. Hopefully, obtaining him now will have the "Will Clark" effect of 2000 (.345-12-42 in 51g), when we won the division.

Man, I've been playing some frustrating/unrealistic games lately.

As the Tigers, I'm engaged in a great pitching duel against the Cardinals ... 1-0 in the 8th, when the Cards rattle off 9 consecutive hits, plating 8 runs. Didn't matter what reliever was in the game or what pitch was thrown. Just hit, after hit, after hit .... leading to a 9-0 beating.

My last game, Cardinals at KC, down 1-0 when Ankiel goes deep to tie it 1-1. Great game in the 8th. 1-outrunner on 3rd, and the Royals pop it up to Ludwick ... and the OF glitch occurs, allowing the runner to score easily, and now a guy on 3rd, that scores on a sac fly. Down 3-1. Cards put together a rally in the 9th to tie it up 3-3. Bottom of the 10th, 1st and 2nd, 2-outs for KC. Fly ball to Ludwick, I can tell the OF glitch is gonna happen, b/c Ludwick is unresponsive. I'm trying to move him, he won't. I'm clicking my left trigger to get him to trigger the animation to catch and throw to the cutoff man ... nothing. Ball bounces right through him, game over ... KC 6-5.

In the 8th, both teams' lines were 1-8-0. THe game ended like this:

StL 5-17-0

KC 6-16-0

There's like no rhyme or reason to the offense. At some point in every game, the ofense just goes nutty. At this point, I'm all out of ideas of what to do with sliders to get a realistic game. It seems to be either very few hits, or a boatload of em. It stinks because you either get no guys in the league leaders, or half of them are from your team.

There's like no rhyme or reason to the offense. At some point in every game, the ofense just goes nutty. At this point, I'm all out of ideas of what to do with sliders to get a realistic game. It seems to be either very few hits, or a boatload of em. It stinks because you either get no guys in the league leaders, or half of them are from your team.

Same thing happened to me, CC, that's why I had to give it up.  I didn't want to, the game looks and sounds great, I just couldn't contain the chaos.

Hopefully it's working out for some people though, I think there are a few people around that are having a decent time with it.  That sucks man, you got a good thing going here, hopefully things pan out.

Archived