Call Up Question

mvpeurope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it seems to me that there is no option to just call up a guy without sending a guy down. Currently, I am "stuck" at 24 guys on my big league roster as I can't seem to call a guy up.

I've gone to "Call Up/Send Down" but you can't change to your minor league teams from there, I can't just select anything/push a button that asks if I'd like to call someone up. Looks like I'm pretty much stuck at 24 guys unless I sign a free-agent.

Lame.

it seems to me that there is no option to just call up a guy without sending a guy down. Currently, I am "stuck" at 24 guys on my big league roster as I can't seem to call a guy up.

I've gone to "Call Up/Send Down" but you can't change to your minor league teams from there, I can't just select anything/push a button that asks if I'd like to call someone up. Looks like I'm pretty much stuck at 24 guys unless I sign a free-agent.

Lame.

Just went to my GM>>Call Up/Send Down screen in Franchise. I use a Logitech Dual Action Controller.

Clicking Left-Analog stick accesses my minor league teams. Can then use the shoulder pads to cycle thru AAA, AA, A.

Button 2 allows me to select a player for action. If its a MLB player, get the options to Send Down to: AAA, AA, A. If I select a Minor League Player, get the option to send him: MLB, AA, A. Then asked to select a player to swap with. No issues with call-up/sending down for me.

What controller are you using?

interestingly, I was able to get it to work using the keyboard controls, but it was a pain in the rump just to get that working.

In my franchise, I had to get to the main mlb.com headlines page, and hit ESC to activate the keyboard controller. Of course, this only worked sometimes, not all the time. So, I would be doing some combo of using my Rumblepad and hitting the ESC key and eventually it worked.

So, I WAS able to get things fixed. Why couldn't it just be easier than that?

For the record, my left and right stick "buttons" (when you push them in) still don't do anything unless I map them in the controller config screen. But no matter what, I can't get them to do the stuff that others have them doing.

Oh, well. A $20 game is a $20 game. *sigh*

yeah, I'm not playing with injuries on, so that wasn't the issue.

Anyways, I've got it "fixed" for now, although like I said, this is not an easy way of doing things. Darn you, 2k!

When you 1st boot the game and get the Start screen, Are you hitting ENTER or the START button on your controller?

I always hit "START" on my controller. ENTER is for Keyboard.

Archived