Defense

infinetw

First off, **** you dude! It was a ******* suggestion.

I know what it was.

I was simply saying, hey, it's a pain in the *** sorting through what goes to which game

This is what I don't get. Don't they have "2k9 downloads" and "MVP downloads" forums? How hard is it to keep them seperate? To me, it's harder to keep MVP mods for the XBOX seperate from the MVP mods for PC.

I think it'd be cool if they somehow split em up.

They do.

2k9 Downloads

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...&showcat=43

MVP Downloads

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...s&showcat=2

But please forgive me for making a mere suggestion.

It's possible that I perceived your post to carry a tone that it did not contain. But, there are posters here that are out of their mind with some of the badgering, demanding, complaining, etc for mods, as if it was something they were owed.

Anyway, to go back to the beginning of your post, your tone seems to indicate that you're a ******* *****...

That's possible. I'm sure I've been an ***** before, and will probably be a ***** again (intentionally or on accident).

But, I don't post in the MVP forums that that the owners/modders should abandon MVP and move to a next-gen game, and request that they open a new site for 2k9 downloads, because it's too laborsome for me to wander through all those MVP mods to get to the (free) 2k9 downloads that I'm looking for (hypothetical).

If I were to request something like that, I'd most likely shoot the owner an e-mail, and ask it as politely as possible .... rather than crashing a thread.

Because on the front page, the home page, which is where I do most of my forum searching unless I'm looking for something specific, everything is just thrown in together.

Again, do you realize that you are complaining that the free mods are too inconvenient for you to find, because the way it is now, you have to click your mouse twice to get to the forum you want?

Look, I'll put this as simply as possible. 1 guy asked why someone always has to come into 2K threads and bash the game and I gave what I thought to be a legitimate reason for why this might be happening. That reason being, because on the main page of the site everything is just thrown together and I would imagine that alot of users of this website generally only use the front page to look for downloads and recent topics. My thought was, maybe if MVP users could tell, from the main page, what is for MVP and what is for 2K it'd keep people in their correct places. Problem with that is it would create quite a mess on the main page and 2K apparently has enough of a following to deserve it's own space. Just my opinion... And so I suggest that, to the owners of this site, to be helpful in making this community as drama free as possible.

Tony said it's annoying to have 2K bashers coming into 2K threads but it's also annoying to come to the site and see a new mod listed on the homepage, get your hopes up, only to find out it's for 2K9...

So please, excuse me for trying to be logical and in my haste to share my idea, sound like I have a negative tone. I don't think I was in the wrong for trying to think it thru and be helpful and I don't believe I deserved to be attacked for it.

Fair enough.

I tend to think it has more to do with the comments by the modders that the MVP09 update would be it (and it would be a small update), and that they were starting to work on 2k9 and future versions.

You may think that all you want but that's not the case. I'm already covered for when MVP stops being updated. I recently purchased a used PS2 and The Show 09 so it really makes no difference to me what gets modded and what doesn't anymore... Sure, I'd like to see MVP continue to be modded cause it is a great game and I think it's still the far superior game on PC but whatever... so keep on making your assumptions because you just prove more and more how much of an asshole you really are...

You may think that all you want but that's not the case. I'm already covered for when MVP stops being updated. I recently purchased a used PS2 and The Show 09 so it really makes no difference to me what gets modded and what doesn't anymore... Sure, I'd like to see MVP continue to be modded cause it is a great game and I think it's still the far superior game on PC but whatever... so keep on making your assumptions because you just prove more and more how much of an asshole you really are...

I may or may not be an a'hole. But more than a couple people have commented that 2k9 should not be modded on a site named "MVP" and have voiced their displeasure that a few modders are spending their time on 2k9. No assumption necessary.

FWIW, my 7yo plays the Show on PS2 all the time (I don't mean anything derogitory with that comment). I think you may be in for "some" disappointment, because at all-star level it's a strike & foul ball fest, the graphics are nothing special, and all of the fielders -- including OF's --have the same "slinging the ball around the horn" throwing motion, and the hits look repetitive. I have not been tempted to buy a PS3 and MLB09, b/c I don't think it's much of an upgrade over MVP08 (especially the graphics on ps2), and well, I'm "pitch metered out".

But, to be helpful, I would check out some of the sliders over at OS for MLB09; they've done a lot of work on how to get realistic pitch counts, how to get the AI to throw balls, leading to more walks, how to make pitching more challenging, etc.

I'm not gonna come on here and bash 2K9, as much as I would like to. I just want to say this, the reason you see so many 2k9 haters coming in threads and voicing their opinions, I would bet, is because the site is called MVPmods yet it's nearly overrun with 2K9 crap. I come on here nearly daily looking to see if anything's been done for MVP or if there's any interesting threads involving the game and I have to sift thru all the 2K posts and mods. For instance, someone not too long ago posted a thread "New Yankees Stadium mod" or something like that so of course, I'm getting excited hoping someone has decided to take it on for MVP but nope, it's just another 2K9 ad replacement mod.

Maybe it's time for all of the 2K forums and downloads to go on it's own site or perhaps a subdirectory of this one that's only connected through one link on the homepage?

First of all, somebody please lock this thread. Second of all, man URE A FUC***G DICK....SHUT THE FUC* UP and go play something...

First off, **** you dude! It was a ******* suggestion. I wasn't telling anyone what to do with their site. I was simply saying, hey, it's a pain in the *** sorting through what goes to which game, I think it'd be cool if they somehow split em up. If they don't, it ain't no sweat off my back, if they do, it makes it all that much easier for everyone who comes to the site. Honestly, I don't care what they do with their site, it's their site and I'll take what I can get. But please forgive me for making a mere suggestion. Nobody owes me anything but I don't owe it to anybody to keep my mouth shut when I have something to say either. I respect the hell out of what the owners have done with the site and what the modders have done with the game. That doesn't mean I should have to silence my opinion.

Anyway, to go back to the beginning of your post, your tone seems to indicate that you're a ******* *****...

what the **** is ur problem u sound like a PMSing hoe

It used to be my standard college response to being called an a'hole. There's a whole lotta smack talk taking place on the field ... 'specially when you play against many of the same guys in HS/American-Legion and semi-pro/CICL/summer games.

My favorite occurred in a summer game when I was facing the starting RF of my college team (best man at my wedding, no less). He swung and missed at a 3rd strike cutter that ended up hitting him in the back leg (RHB, I'm a LHP). He called me an a'hole, and I'll let him know "I'm the whole @$$, baby". It's all in fun. Man, that was 15 years ago. Seems like yesterday.

Archived