Ai Batting

deano

I will say this ... with AI batting success at 60, the AI has a team batting average of around .295 (20 games played with Detroit & StL).

When you decrease it down to 55, the # of hits drops in half.

I am using Darkspace sliders.

I'm kinda stumped, and not quite sure how to proceed because it seems what is needed is a lsider setting at 57.5 ... which is not possible. THen if you go switching around other sliders, you eventually just transfer the problem of the # of hits, t a problem of inaccurate numbers of XBase hits, HRs, etc.

Batting succes, it seems to me, is THE most influential slider for the number of hits. I haven;t experimented with the contact slider much, as that tends to skew the number of swing and misses, foul balls, etc. I don;t know if the lower contact rating, with a batting success rating of 60 would result in fewer hits, or just the smae number of hits but having them be weaker (bloops, ducksnorts, bleeders, etc)

If you wanna try some setting for 8-10 games and report back, it would be helpful.

At this point, I am going to keep the bating success slider at 60 for both teams, even though it will result in higher batting averages for both teams. The higher number of hits counterbalances the low numbers of walks as compared to MLB averages (6.6 combined per game), and results in accurate WHIP (25 combined for both teams, per game), which is the most important stat for an accurate number of runs scored per game (9.6 rpg, combined MLB average). If one could figure out how to get 6+ walks per game (combined), then you could go with 55 as a slider setting, and still have an accurate WHIP and runs/game.

This is an interesting subject for me.

I'm currently running MVP 08 with the 09 update. I haven't d/l'ed any "sliders" or changed ANYTHING as far as sliders.

I haven't really noticed anything too out of wack. The pitching seems a little slow but I haven't played anyone that pitches above 95mph yet.

I'm wondering... are the default sliders with the 08 mod considered too EASY, or too HARD?

BTW: I play on MVP level, with Manuel fielding (if that matters)

Your thoughts?

-Scott

you know what... ever since this game came out i've been working on it. testing sliders. downloading rosters. making roster changes. tweaking sliders. fixing my gamepad after i smashed it on the floor. i have hypertension, i can't do this anymore :D this game feels like work. sure, graphics and presentation are great, but everything else - sucks. and baseball is such a stat depending game - achieving some sort of realism should be easier for it than for any other sport simulation.

and baseball is such a stat depending game - achieving some sort of realism should be easier for it than for any other sport simulation.

Actually, I think that makes it harder.

For other sports games, it seems as long as "it's fun" (and graphically pleasing), that's good enough. Not so for baseball, it has to be fun and statistically accurate ... b/c as you said, baseball is a stat-dominated game.

I go hot/cold with this game too, and I feel your pain.

Currently, I am going through a stretch where the game (with Darkspace sliders and my alterations to make user pitching more difficult) is producing some realistic games and fun play.

With 2k9, there will never be an accurate representation of walks and hits. The game is just programmed to have lots of contact and strikes. It seems as if it it were mad solely for online players with ADD.

i think, instead of making rookie, pro, all star and legend sliders they should make arcade and realistic sliders. if a game is depending heavily on stats it should be much easier to predict the outcome of a certain play and build an alghoritam around it. i agree with you that it's made for online and/or console play with friends. depth of franchise mode, and lots of contact proves this. ah, i'm a fool to expect something more from games than mindless fun (not that i mind mindless fun once in a while ;) )

set the AI success sliders at 45 or 50.

success:45

power:75

AI averages averages between 5-15 hits, pending on how accurate my pitcher throws. In addition, youll get a variety of hits. You may only give up 6 hits but, still give up 3 or 4 runs at times. other games youll scatter 10-12 singles with 1 or 2 runs scored.

I get about 4-10 strike outs a game. pending on who's pitching

this is what I find works best for me .

• 2 weeks later...

I have AI success at 80 Contact at 40 and AI power at 100. Strikeouts shouldn't be that easy in the majors and it's not with this. You would be surprised at how you can get the AI to swing at balls out of the zone for strike 3. And sometimes it's not a bad thing to walk some of the big hitters. Guys looking for high pitch counts, which makes no difference to me, will get them because your not going to throw to many high percentage meatballs. They will make you pay the price.

Archived