1700+ Fake Name Players

Tony3

Sorry to say that you are right.

Players who are not above A level before 2007 would not be found in game except these:

Freddie Freeman

Lars Anderson

Yonder Alonso

Eric Hosmer

Brett Wallace

Matt Dominguez

Jesus Montero

Buster Posey

Jason Heyward

Michael Stanton

Jarrod Parker

Tommy Hanson

Chris Tillman

Brian Matusz

Jake Arrieta

Trevor Cahill

Phillippe Aumont

Madison Bumgarner

Jeremy Hellickson

Neftali Feliz

Derek Holland

Tim Beckham

These players are newly added as far as I know.

To cheer you up, check my latest file with 1012 fake names corrected.

There are still some fake names which can not be found from the name list in game.

I am working on that, so there will be new version for this roster file.

btw, Charlie Morton is indeed in game, not a fake name player, tho.

The default one.

But if any roster maker wants me to modify his one, I'll be glad to, just need time.

And if someone send me the 2K8 or 2K7 default roster, I can do better.

Or if someone send me the living roster of console version, I'll try to figure out a way to do the living roster for the PC version!!! B)

The default one.

But if any roster maker wants me to modify his one, I'll be glad to, just need time.

Or if someone send me the living roster of console version, I'll try to figure out a way to do the living roster for the PC version!!! B)

You're a good one Tony !! Anyone who can devote their time in trying to improve on what 2Ksports neglected to do is alright in my book. Appreciate the time and effort.

The default one.

Tony, we greatly appreciate all of your efforts. I hope that when I/we point out that players are missing, that you do not take offense or take it personally, as we likely only want to get you as much information as possible.

Hopefully we are all aware of the shortcuts 2k takes with minor league rosters, and what challenges/obstacles this presents for you.

Take it easy, man.

I wouldn't take it personally, as I don't work for 2K. ^_^

If 2k didn't put the player in game, I can do nothing about it.

But as I said, I might figure a way to do living roster if I have it from the console version.

There is always possibilty.

I can't seem to find Gorkys Hernandez of the Braves in the fake names list. He's not on AAA or AA, and I don't think he's on A ball. Also, P Charlie Morton and P Jeff Locke. I wanted to make the trade with Pittsburgh for Nate McLouth.

Charlie Morton is in the game. Look in triple-A Braves. He has his real name:)

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand, why are players like Kris Benson and Sandy Alomar Jr on the Louisville Bats. They have never had ties to the Reds and Alomar retired before the 08 season.

Unless a player has never been in the majors or opted out of the MLBPA they should not have a fake name unless 2k is just recycling old players for what should be truly fake players in the roster

Well, you're gonna find a lot of players from Marlin system on the Carolina Mudcats, as there was reallocation between 3 AA teams.

And there was also between 6 AAA teams.

I truly don't know the logic behind 2K's treatment for those retired players, so it took quite some time for me to figure out those fake players.

I'm glad it's done and people really use this information. ^_^

I was looking for that pitcher Detroit just called up Alfredo Figaro on the fake names list. He had been in the Dodgers system. Is he on the list? (I highly doubt it) And I know this is time consuming and I really appreciate the effort. Ryan Perry, a pitcher who was their first round pick last year, I can't seem to find.

Since I discovered that it isn't possible to edit all of these players into the game because eventually you get this message: "There isn't enough room left in this roster to edit any more names", I was curious as to why even bother making a list of fake names? This is not meant to be a sarcastic question and I hope it is not taken that way. I am grateful for all the hard work that went into making this list. I'm a little anal myself about these kind of things in the game and would like to be able to edit the rosters so they are perfect. So I guess I was really wondering what everyone else does with this list. Do you only edit completely the team you control or maybe just the top prospects in the minors? Again, thank you for making this list so I have something to work from.

One other question. Has anyone figured out what the fake name is for Chris Coghlan of the Florida Marlins? He has been in their system for about 4 years but I can't locate him anywhere in the minors. Thanks.

Thanks for your hard work Tony3 !

Your roster.iff file also fixes the "Top Fielder in 216" bug which is now "Top Fielder in 2008"

I just wonder why this isn't working in franchise mode , if I start a new franchise with your roster and fix (roster.iff) the bug will be gone as long as I don't load my franchise after leaving it then the "216" bug will be there again.

Does the game save franchise roster seperatly witin the franchise save ?

If anybody has an Idea let me know.

Archived