Total User Walks Record ?

Cougar420

Total User Walks Record ?

How many did you get total in 9 innings

My best is only 2 lol on 3-1 3-2 they always throw fast ball on Legend IE On

My "best" is 3 when I'm playing the game straight up, and looking for pitches to hit well and tring to draw a walk with the guy leading off he innning. All 3 were with the same player, Curtis Granderson, who would be the one guy they wouldn;t want to walk ... and a guy who is generally considered to be far too free swinging for a leadoff man.

My "best" when I am looking to see just how many walks I can get and trying to see how many piches I can make them throw is 6.

I almost always take till I get a strike, I don't know if the AI is picking up on this b/c I used to get a decent amount of 1st pitch balls, but now 1st pitch is almost always a strike. It could all be imagined, I admit.

My "best" is 3 when I'm playing the game straight up, and looking for pitches to hit well and tring to draw a walk with the guy leading off he innning. All 3 were with the same player, Curtis Granderson, who would be the one guy they wouldn;t want to walk ... and a guy who is generally considered to be far too free swinging for a leadoff man.

My "best" when I am looking to see just how many walks I can get and trying to see how many piches I can make them throw is 6.

I almost always take till I get a strike, I don't know if the AI is picking up on this b/c I used to get a decent amount of 1st pitch balls, but now 1st pitch is almost always a strike. It could all be imagined, I admit.

I too have thought the AI is on to me. I have noticed it more, though, when facing quality pitchers. But the AI is definitely starting me out with more strikes.

I always use the Royals - and Billy Butler always seems to get lots of walks and first pitch balls. Maybe it's the batter, too.

I have gotten 9 walks in a couple of games. You really have to be patient for that, and you have to be facing some crappy pitchers who walk a lot of guys.

[1] Take until you get a strike.

[2] #1 allows you to get some practice recognizing pitches.

Recognizing pitches and balls/strikes is a skill, and as such takes quite a bit of practice and experience.

If you work at it, it will come.

But, IMO, it's still more important to pick out the right pitch to hit, versus trying to draw walks. The latter just isn't going to be a big part of this game, due to programming.

i'm always sitting on a pitch untill i get two strikes. if i don't get it i will take pitches. i never swing at first pitch couse success rate of hitting that one in play is really low.

Pretty much the same here. If you're going to hit a low and away pitch, ya might as well do it with 2-strikes. Like I said, I take a strike, and then look "up" in the zone, and then if I get strike two, I'll hack at whatever strike I get. I do manage enough 2-strikes hits to the opposite field.

Archived