I (accidently) Figured Out How To Edit Batting Helmets ...

CircleChange11

THe helmet color/logo s in the numbers image.

The solid color in the bottom right is the helmet color. The logo is the helmet logo.

I was making a custom twins jersey and wanted to use the cardinals numbers for the jersey, so I replaced the image.

NOw, the twins have the cardinals numbers (intended), and the cardinals away helmet (unintended).

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's useful to me ... although it means I have some work to do.

mlb2k92009-06-0317-53-16-79.jpg

explain again, you have lost me

images 12 & 13 contains the helmet info

That's right.

12 is the green bump image.

13 is the "skin".

But, I'm guessing you can change the color and logo of the helmet by editing image 13 ... and it will be very easy.

I guess you guys knew this already.

ok i can change the logo for the helmet but i cant see where to change the color of the helmet itself.

On the sequence 13 i see the numbers , the logo and the mlb logo but no solid color.Ill have to open up some more and see if they have the solid color.

u found a great find circle WTG

Don,

It's the solid color that the logo is on top of. It doesn;t take up that much space.

Y'know the solid color that surrounds the logo and the mlb patch? That's the color of the helmet.

It's esentially the easiest thing to edit/change. One click.

Highlight the logo, delete. Fill in the color you want. Add in the new logo where the old one was. Presto. New helmet.

+1

You know, about the time all the modders get 2k9 figured out, 2k10 will be out. And watch VC change all the file structures, formats, etc.. <_<

Funny, that you mention that because looking at all the custom jerseys that I made in my franchise thread, and how I don;t really dig hat many of them, I am feeling right now that I'm putting more time into the jerseys than the game is worth ... and I also find that I "miss" the actual mlb jerseys once the "newness" of the custom jersey wears off (usually at the end of the series).

I may hold off on any more jerseys until 2k10 comes to see if it's worth all the effort. Otherwise, I'm gonna have a bunch of custom jerseys and half-played franchise. *grin*

Dp we know how to change the color of the undershirts?

I ask because I'm thinking of making a uni set that features the modern (current) uniforms with retro/alt color schemes (Astros return to orange & blue, Padres to Brown & Mustard, ChiSox 83 unis updated to Black and Grey, Mariners & Brewers to blue and yellow, etc) ... but it won;t look right with another color undershirt.

i know the undershirt is another pain in the u know what *lol* i must not have done something right with the batting helmet,if u look at the recent reds i did and see the helmet u can see i changed the logo but on the helmet it has a blue square with the red C but the rest of the helmet stayed red

Archived