Patch Loses Effect?

JustinMorneau

Does anyone experience the patch somehow losing its effect as you play more games?

My game crashes more often, cpu batters seem to be getting more aggressive, and the outfield bug (waiting for a ball and not catching) which never happend after the patch crept back into the game and happens 2-3 times in a game.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

[1] I've never experienced a crash. I've donwloaded and used almost all the mods, and continually insert my own unis into the game. The only thing I haven;t done is create players and make a bunch of trades. I've played 70+ games.

[2] AI batters still pretty much bat the same. I've increased my pitching difficulty, and throw more balls, and the batters take more pitches.

[3] I've actually experienced either [1] AI pitchers throwing more balls, or [2] I stopped swinging at em.

[4] I had an OF glitch yesterday. My first one in pretty much 20 games. I got to the spot late, b/c usually either clicking the left trigger (relay man) and/or catching the ball in front of the yellow circle works well.

As a point of humor/frustration, my 8yo son rented 2k9 for 360 this afternoon. THe 1st time he puts the game in, we get the "red rings of death". Classic.

[1] I've never experienced a crash. I've donwloaded and used almost all the mods, and continually insert my own unis into the game. The only thing I haven;t done is create players and make a bunch of trades. I've played 70+ games.

[2] AI batters still pretty much bat the same. I've increased my pitching difficulty, and throw more balls, and the batters take more pitches.

[3] I've actually experienced either [1] AI pitchers throwing more balls, or [2] I stopped swinging at em.

[4] I had an OF glitch yesterday. My first one in pretty much 20 games. I got to the spot late, b/c usually either clicking the left trigger (relay man) and/or catching the ball in front of the yellow circle works well.

As a point of humor/frustration, my 8yo son rented 2k9 for 360 this afternoon. THe 1st time he puts the game in, we get the "red rings of death". Classic.

Ouch. :shok:

Ouch. :shok:

2 weeks ago we were going to trade in the 360, 20+ games and a PS2 with 10+ games and buy a PS3 and MLB09. We were keeping the XBOX for MVP and NCAA baseball.

Double Ouch.

This would be our 4th 360 in 2 years. I can figure out which last for a shorter period of time, 360s or Rock Band drums (after our 3rd set, we quit buying em).

2 weeks ago we were going to trade in the 360, 20+ games and a PS2 with 10+ games and buy a PS3 and MLB09. We were keeping the XBOX for MVP and NCAA baseball.

Double Ouch.

This would be our 4th 360 in 2 years. I can figure out which last for a shorter period of time, 360s or Rock Band drums (after our 3rd set, we quit buying em).

****, man, after the 2nd XBOX 360, you should've traded it in. I can't believe how many people I read that get red ringed. You figure the richest man in the world would release a decent piece of hardware, jeez.

THe hang up is we'd have to drive 40 miles to a Game Stop. When the 360 dies, you're basically left with a bunch of games you can only play ... if you buy another 360.

We're done with 360's. I only play PC, and my son plays MVP & NCAA on XBOX, and then we just play Wii.

Sorry, to diverge the the topic of discussion, by I did give my opinion on the patch losing it's effectiveness.

THe hang up is we'd have to drive 40 miles to a Game Stop. When the 360 dies, you're basically left with a bunch of games you can only play ... if you buy another 360.

We're done with 360's. I only play PC, and my son plays MVP & NCAA on XBOX, and then we just play Wii.

Sorry, to diverge the the topic of discussion, by I did give my opinion on the patch losing it's effectiveness.

Not to go off-topic, but CC look at what MS is doing now for people that get the Rings of Death:

Microsoft Discontinues "Coffin" Return Policy: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/992/992633p1.html

Archived