Sliders?

briansong

I was just curious as to what sliders everyone is using?

Im using the Wicked sliders that I downloaded a while back but I am getting hammered as a pitcher and getting like 2-3 hits a game.

Just thought maybe there was a more popular slider combo out there for people who obviously suck like me. lol

I've diverged a bit from Darkspace sliders after 50 games or so. User batting averages are a little high, and user pitching is far too easy. Player cards are disabled, but I can live with that.

User Batting

------------------

55/40/80/100/100/75/0/15/0/40/40

No to very little left stick hitting. Will use it occassionally, trying to get a sac fly. Hrs are the result of timing, ratings, and sliders, not holding up on the stick.

No batters eye or zone hitting.

AI Batting

---------------

55/45/90/100/100/75/50/50

I lowered the AI power to 90, b/c with the dramatically more difficult pitching sliders, the power needed to come down a bit ... but there's still plenty to be feared in the AI lineup ... especially when using all 3-steps of pitching. I had Soriano hit a 2-seamer (that tailed over the middle of the plate, instead of the outside corner) off me into the the far reaches of Big Mac Land (upper deck LF) at Busch Stadium. It was impressive.

User Pitching

-------------------

100/90/95/25/70/90/90/90

3-step pitching is a must. turn release timing on. If not, then gesture recognition has to be at 100. Otherwise it's just far too easy.

Ball cursor has been removed/deleted.

AI Pitching

----------------

55/90/0/5/90

AI pitch success can be lowered to 50 for less control, but you'll also need to slightly lower User batting success, because they'll also miss their spots "in the zone".

My last 5 games, the AI has averaged 76% strikes, 112 pitches/game.

User Fielding

---------------------

45/95/60

AI Fielding

----------------

50/60

Fielder sped at 60, combined with setting dynamic indicator to "fixed/locked" really helps smooth outfield play. I have seen very little of the OF slowdown, and even less of the OF glitch.

[1] Catch the ball in front of the yellow circle, instead of on it.

[2] While waiting for the ball to come down, start pressing the LT (relay man), this seems to stop the OF glitch.

Pre-loading the throw (pushing to the baase you are going to throw to before you get the ball) is a must if you want quick relay throws and double plays.

User Running

---------------------

55/50/45

AI Running

--------------------

65/65/65/70/60/45

I may drop the base-running speed by 5 points or turn down AI run aggression by 5 points. If I can get slightly more triples to result in doubles, I will be closer to the "sweet spot" of gameplay as I have ever been.

-----------------------------------------------------

The BIGGEST thing one can do is to make the pitching sliders challenging for their skill level. Far tool often, I see franchises that utilize easy user pitching sliders and note mediocre pitching staffs all having era's at or below 3.00. MLB average team era is about 4.20 to 4.30 ... If your's isn;t make user pitching sliders harder.

Everyone focuses on user and ai batting sliders ... but if your user pitching sliders are easy, it won't matter ... you'll still nail the gesture almost every time and shut them down. If the pitch speed is too little, then really you could hit great with low sliders, because you have all day to judge balls/strikes ... as well as ... adjust to the speed of the pitch. You should have pitch speed high enough that when someone throws 95mph, you better decide quick ... or swing and miss.

Archived