Are You Still Playing?

dabanara

still playing?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• yes
    • no

how many of you that bought it at release are still playing?

for myself, i stopped a few days after the first patch was released. while they fixed a lot of issues, i was too disappointed they didn't fix other issues and i've given up on the game.

bright side is it only cost 20 bucks.

i'll probably not buy another baseball game from these guys.

Yes, I am. I really don't encounter that many glitches anymore, my game seems to have got em out of it's system, lol. I've played about 80 games since I got it. I don't play as much as I did when I first got it, but I still pick it up and play when I get the craving for a baseball game. I tried going back to MVP, but 2K9 has won me over until something better comes.

i didnt buy it when it was first released but i am playing.People are giving up too early and with different slider adjustments etc the game is playable.The only problems i have is sometimes the outfielder will jump out of the way of the ball,sometimes the game will crash but not that often and the one thing in my favor is ill lead off and when the runner jumps back at first he will get up and run and ill get a steal without the first baseman throwing to get me out

I see alot of peole saying they wont ever buy another title from 2k which could end up being a mistake.If they follow the advice and inputs like they have been asking at 2k forums then it wouldnt surprise me if they end up making 2k10 the best around.2k sports would be wise to make the new game more affordable than when 2k9 first came out.I thin k this was thier major downfall was the price on a buggy game and now people will be too cautious.But my gut feeling tells me they will be improving it a whole lot

Hey don....people say that every year about their baseball product and that has yet to come to pass.

I think everyone is tired of the ole...gimme your input because next year's game is gonna be awesome...crap that they do.

Each year they ask us what wed want in a game and each year they leave crap out....or make additions without fixing old issues.

i didnt buy it when it was first released but i am playing.People are giving up too early and with different slider adjustments etc the game is playable.

I think it must be "cool" to continually talk about how bad 2k9 is. I say that because their are people over at the 2K forums that still actively post about 2k9's faults even though they claimed to stop playing it months ago. *shrugs*

The game is playable, but it takes work (roster edits, custom sliders), and practice. Honestly, many of the "complaints" I see about 2k9 "bugs" or "flaws" are really user error or user lack of skill ... but try convincing someone that "it's you" instead of "it's the game".

When everyone has the same problem, it's a bug/flaw. When it's only a handful of people, then you have to look at the handful of people.

I see alot of peole saying they wont ever buy another title from 2k which could end up being a mistake.

The same people have said the same thing about 2k7 ... then 2k8 ... then 2k9 ... then they're the first one's to pre-order 2k10. People like to b!tch. It's a way of life in this era, and thanks to internet, they have continual opportunities to whine to whoever will listen.

If they follow the advice and inputs like they have been asking at 2k forums then it wouldnt surprise me if they end up making 2k10 the best around.

We've said that since 2k7 also. They bask for a lot of feedback ... they just don't use much of it. It's the strangest company I have ever seen. No communication. No sharing of information. Just ignore ... but when you've got an exclusive deal, you can get away with it.

2k sports would be wise to make the new game more affordable than when 2k9 first came out.I thin k this was thier major downfall was the price on a buggy game and now people will be too cautious.But my gut feeling tells me they will be improving it a whole lot

What 2K needs to do is chill on the innovation and novelty crap that they like to chase around like a fish does shiny things. They continually introduce new features, while ignoring core problems and/or eliminating previously enjoyed features.

Seriously, my 8yo son still will play 2k7 once in a while, as well as, 2k8. Those versions had features that 2k9 should have kept, while making slight improvement in physics/gameplay, etc. But, no, they spent so much time on features like player cards, butchering online play, and 2k9 killed franchise play. They need to stop thinking about new ideas (like historic teams), and just keep what they've got and fix the problems. Come up with some new stuff in 2k11. 2k9 with all the bugs fixed, franchise mode straightened out, and injuries fixed is an 8.5-9.0 out of 10 game. That's pretty damn good for a sports game.

But, most realistically, they'll fix one thing, and 2 more thing will go wrong. I don't know about their testing program, but it seems to be [1] release it, [2] listen for feedback, [3] release a patch or two and get the hell out.

I still play it as much as when first released.With custom sliders and the mods this game is very playable. I really don't get to many glitches once in a great while.I agree with Circlechange that most the so called flaws are user error or just lack of skills.

To be honest, I stopped a few weeks ago mostly I allowed myself to be talked into quitting by all the negative comments about it. Then went back to MVP, I found that I could not get back into MVP after playing 2K.

Though MVP is legend, the graphics and commentary with 2K is untoucable between the two. I am really enjoying 2K now, and won't go back to MVP, I can't after tasting a next-gen baseball game that is going to be continued to be modded... So yes, I am still playing and very much enjoying 2K

Yes, I am. I really don't encounter that many glitches anymore, my game seems to have got em out of it's system, lol. I've played about 80 games since I got it. I don't play as much as I did when I first got it, but I still pick it up and play when I get the craving for a baseball game. I tried going back to MVP, but 2K9 has won me over until something better comes.

I too tried playing MVP the other day and couldn't seem to enjoy it anymore. I've worked out a good set of sliders now for 2k9 and am really loving it. Pretty hard to go back to those old graphics now. MVP was a great game in it's time, but time to move on for me.

Idk how people still pop the CD in.

Because not everyone experiences continual bugs/glitches like you see in the youtube vids? I've seen the youtube vids and have experienced very few of them.

We're still playing it because we don't experience a ton of bugs, have custom sliders and rosters that result in realistic stats/results/play, as well as mods that enhance the graphics.

You're likely doing the same thing with MVP, unless you're playing the unmodded 2005 version.

I won't argue that ...

[1] 2k9 customers have to do a lot of work to get the game to play really well. (Once you do though, it works).

[2] PC users seem to experience much fewer franchise freezes and other bugs than do 360 users.

It's not like we're just a bunch of inbred morons that are only playing 2k9 because we don't know any better.

I'm not trying to convince you that 2k9 can be played well and enjoyable, it's been my experience that once people have their mind made up, they don't want it changed ... and would rather spend time insulting/complaining than working to make it enjoyable and realistic.

You bet I'm still playing 2k9.

The patch corrected a lot of the problems and by adjusting sliders to suite individual tastes, the game play is even better and more realistic.

I have the PC version and for $20, this is one of the better games for the price.

I still have MVP on my harddrive and will continue to keep it but, for right now, it is gathering dust.....At the moment, I see no valid reason to change.

I have now played 55 games in franchise mode and have had very, very few glitches. When there is a problem, it is more likely one I created.

Maybe I should consider myself lucky but I really haven't had the problems that some appear to have....Very satisified with the playability and obviously with the excellent graphics.

It is a definite keeper....Looking forward to my next game!

It shocks me how people love this game, lol. This game looks great, but when you start pressing buttons, it gets ugly.

Someone said they played 55 gms in a franchise, I didn't even play 1. The simulation engine is busted, whether it's high ERA's or low BA's for great players. 2K released one patch and moved on from 2k9. I tried the patch and moved on also. A game with so much potential, SMH.

I just hope that NBA2K10 doesn't look up to this game.

I think 2K has to create an entirely new game engine for the MLB 2K series. The graphics look good, but the physics and collision detection are weak. When I say collision detection, I'm referring to how the ball can go directly through a bat, or vice versa, how a batter can hit a solid knock while the bat missed the ball completely. When I say physics, I'm referring to how the ball reacts to the field. Those two flawed aspects render this game lame, honestly. It all feels predetermined.

I deleted the game from my hard drive because it's like 10 gigs and it isn't worth 5 gigs. I play MLB 09 The Show on PS2.

I think 2K has to create an entirely new game engine for the MLB 2K series. The graphics look good, but the physics and collision detection are weak. When I say collision detection, I'm referring to how the ball can go directly through a bat, or vice versa, how a batter can hit a solid knock while the bat missed the ball completely. When I say physics, I'm referring to how the ball reacts to the field. Those two flawed aspects render this game lame, honestly. It all feels predetermined.

I deleted the game from my hard drive because it's like 10 gigs and it isn't worth 5 gigs. I play MLB 09 The Show on PS2.

What game are you playing? Mine is 3.93GB :blink:

I stopped playing it almost a month ago, but I just recently re installed and I'm gonna give it another shot. I tried going back to mvp but I just can't get back into for some reason. I really enjoyed 2k9 when I first got it the only thing that really irked me as the stupid injuries in the franchise mode . As far as all the "bugs" I agree that a lot of those are user error. 2k9 is far from perfect but is definitely playable, let's just hope that 2k stops with the useless features like cards and and whatever other nonsense they try to include for the "casual" gamer and concentrate on making a solid baseball game first.

It shocks me how people love this game, lol. This game looks great, but when you start pressing buttons, it gets ugly.

Someone said they played 55 gms in a franchise, I didn't even play 1. The simulation engine is busted, whether it's high ERA's or low BA's for great players. 2K released one patch and moved on from 2k9. I tried the patch and moved on also. A game with so much potential, SMH.

I just hope that NBA2K10 doesn't look up to this game.

That's why the MVPComm guys made rosters that lowered every batter's contact rating by 10 points, increased each batter's walk rating, and lowered each catcher's arm strength. Combine that with good sliders for your style/skill, and it's fine.

I wouldn;t say I love it, but it's enjoyable for a summer. I do love the total control pitching, even though they dumbed it down from 2k8. When I play MVP without any pitching/hitting aids, it doesn;t take long for me to tire of the pitch meter.

but the physics and collision detection are weak. When I say collision detection, I'm referring to how the ball can go directly through a bat, or vice versa, how a batter can hit a solid knock while the bat missed the ball completely. When I say physics, I'm referring to how the ball reacts to the field.

That was also an issue in 2k7 and 2k8. I also do not like how one hand, at the contact point of the swing, is off the bat.

I'm not generally an optomist when it comes to 2K, but I think one can tell that VC (started work in late summer) was severely time limited in the production of this game. Collision detection is an area that has minimal attention (no player collisions, etc). Based on what VC has done with other games, I would expect that to get a lot better.

But, I don;t see guys pull low and away pitches for homers, Hitting shoetop pitches off the wall, etc. I have never felt that I had a cheap bomb or even given up a cheap bomb. I see all sorts of hits, and balls don;t go through the wall or through the foul/fair pole, etc. I still stand by my rating of 7 to 7.5 outta 10 (post patch, MVPComm rosters, custom sliders, etc).

It is a lot of work for the customer, and that has been my main gripe since 2k7 ... but once you get the things worked out ... it's is enjoyable. But, outfield diving is atrocious and it stinks that you have to play your franchise with injuries off .... but the good still outweighs the bad by quite a bit, and can be played fo one summer. It does still stink that the game falls well below its potential ... and I'm fatigued of talking about the games potential.

I'm not really looking forward to 2k10, but hope that I am pleasantly surprised. I am very glad that it was available for PC, because I would not have purchased it for 360.

I will say that it is fairly obvious that the game was designed for quick online games, featuring a lot of strikes and good contact. YOu have to work hard (sliders/roster edits/etc) to try and neutralize that. I don;t think customers should have to work that hard on a game, but if you're willing, it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Archived