So I Am Giving 2k9 Another Chance...input Needed

Kayxero

This is a copy of my PM to CircleChange(with some edits from proof reading). In the "Do you still play 2k9" thread, he offered some guidance for those sticking with the game. So i took up his offer and sent a PM. I decided it could possibly make a good thread and I am trying really hard to enjoy this like I still do MVP. But as we all know the game has some issues. So go ahead and read and reply.

well I decided to take the plunge and give the game another shot. My brother gave up on the game for pc and gave me his. I figured Id give it more time than just a few games this time around. I have lots of fun during practice but when I am ina game so many things happen. I have the patch but the OF guys still miss balls or it pops out of their gloves to often so most of the time if they settle under a ball I just change to another guy so the cpu gets it. Sorta that semi auto fielding people talked about in another thread.

Also I play on legend, and even though this gives the fielding meters more influence, they dont seem to be quite as user controlled as MVP and throws dont seem to match how long I held the button at times. I loved the MVP fielding option in MVP, but 2k9 plays like the Manual option in MVP. The MVP option didnt give you that cpu assisted break on the ball....i never liked that kus it seems that in 2k9 theres way too much cpu assistance on the break...like it lasts to long. I like that i have complete control over the fielder once the ball is hit...more challenging....is there anything in sliders to get that? I would like to see that if the ball is hit and I do not touch my analog....my fielder does not move. That was MVP fielding for those who didnt use it.

anyways yes I know long pm, but I took up your offer to see what sliders you play with. I like to play on the hardest difficulty in all games I play so they are challenging....but even on legend the hits seem way to easy to get in this game. And the batting is so unrealistic at times. How do I pull an outside pitch I was late on?...just cause I used the left stick to go that way? does the game not take into account location and timing and just more so stick direction? seems that way. In mvp if you tryed to pull something outside you have that weak awkward swing and would go the other way if you were late even though you tryed to pull....real life results....not just getting what I want with the stick....id liek to fix that too...

But for the time being I use the zone hitting as I find that way more realistic. Put the bat where u think the ball is and the timing of swing and location of the pitch factor in to how well and where its hit...just like real life....not just me deciding where Id like any pitch and location to go without regards to timing....

anyways I am done ranting....thanks for any help....i hope the core datafiles and stuff for this game can be cracked like MVP was and we could make this game better. Dunno if thats possible for 2k pc games but I can hope.

Peace

Might help if you gave a response format for the info you're looking to obtain. For example ...

Sliders: Darkspace's (with pitching made more difficult, and batting contact lowered to 55).

Rosters: MVPComm 1.2

Mods: Cleats, no ball cursor, stadiums, and other graphic enhancements.

game settings: 3-step pitching, alt btw classic/total batting (whatever I'm in the mood for), dh both leagues (develop one more position player -- pitchers hit far too well in the game), injuries off, controlling 2 teams in franchise, alt btw sim/play.

Legend works decently, although 80 for gesture recognition is rather low for how many strikes are thrown.

Zone hitting sounds like a good idea (similar to All Star Baseball’s hitting method which I always liked) but I can’t get over the stupid image of the bat.

Is there a mod that replaces that image with a simple faded circle showing the sweet spot?

Archived