CircleChange11

AI Pitching

----------------

55/90/0/5/90

Last few Games: AI PItching stats listed:

TEX = 10-16-1

DET = 4-9-1

TEX (AI) threw 126 pitches, 92 strikes (73%). 2BB, 4K ... Starter: Millwood

DET (User) threw 90 pitches, 80 strikes (88%) 1BB 1HBP 6K ... Starter: Verlander

-----------------------------------

CHC = 2-9-1

StL = 6-11-1

CHC 85 pitches, 65 strikes (76%) 2BB 2K ... Starter: Zambrano

StL 86 pitches, 66 strikes (76%) 1BB 1HBP 4K ... Starter: Lohse

-----------------------------------

Col = 3-6-1

Det = 4-8-1

Col = 121 pitches; 80 strikes (66%) 2BB 6K ... Starter: Jiminez

Det = 75 pitches; 60 strikes (80%) 1BB 7K ... Starter: Willis (Wilis had 66% strikes, Rodney & Zumaya practically 100% *shrugs)

---------------------------------

KC = 9-21-2

StL = 10-19-1 14inn

KC = 222 pitches; 141 strikes (64%) 9BB (inc 2 IBB) 10K ... Starter: Davies

StL = 134 pitches; 111 strikes (82%) 0BB 6K ... Starter: Pineiro

I'm very happy with the AI pitching pitch counts and strike % (MLB avr is around 72-73%).

I'll wait for 10-20 games played to give complete slider stats compared to MLB averages, but for this 4 game sample (considering that the 14inn game is gonna skew the stats some) ...

Averages are (AI/User/Combined/MLB)

Runs - 6/6/12/10

Hits - 13/11/24/19

BB - 0.75/2/3/7

K - 6/6/12/13

WHIP would be pretty much spot on: 27(user) v. 26 (MLB)

Runs are higher, which would be expected ... given the starters (except for Big Z)

What I'm liking with these sliders, other than the AI pitching stats, is that runs are scored without having to put together 3 singles (User or AI), having too many extra base hits (MLB avr is ~7 XBase Hits/game), or having unrealistic homers (MLB avr = 2HR/g).

What I am trying to find is the "sweet spot" for user pitch counts and strike %, which is a little tougher b/c for a few innings, the AI will just get all aggressive at the plate, and hit the first pitch, even though they've been patient for the previous 3-4 innings.

Here's the rest of the slider set (modified darkspace sliders, player cards disabled)

User Batting

55/40/80/100/100/75/0/15/0/40/40 (no left stick, batters eye, or zone hitting)

AI Batting

55/45/90/100/100/75/50/50

User Pitching

100/90(95)/95/25(20)/70/90/90/80 (3-step pitching -- release timing ON -- is a must)

Pitch speed at 90 (or above) is a key for me batting ... it's tough to tell strikes/balls and you don;thave much time to react ... a good number of foul balls.

AI Pitching

55/90/0/5/80

User Fielding

45/95/60

AI Fielding

50/60

Fielder speed at 60, combined with setting dynamic indicator to "fixed/locked" really helps smooth outfield play.

User Running

55/50/45

AI Running

65/65/65/65/60/45

Sliders in bold are changes I am making for my next games to make user pitching a little more difficult, hoping to increase pitch count and lower strike %. Ball cursor and strike zone have been removed.

I'd appreciate any feedback if you try these sliders. I feel as though I'm very close to the "sweet spot" for my style/skill. It's been enjoyable, to say the least.

Yeah thanx for these CC. I am going to play three games today and provide you with some feedback. You mentioned these work for your style and skill level. Are you someone that used to play MVP08 on MVP level? I know I used to and it was harder than Legend on 2k9 in terms of offense. I would have to squeak out runs and swing smart for singles kus home runs were way harder to get in that version of the game compared to 2k9. But from what you are saying of your sliders, I should be getting some well varied and realistic games.

If these averages hold up to realistic norms I think maybe you can be the standard set people use and you should def upload a slider text file =). In terms of sliders and trying to find a match to realistic league averages, I have not seen anyone really sit and do that since I played NBA live 08, which gameplay was way more broken than this. What I mean is that most people just find what works for them instead of trying to really pin down and match realistic numbers.

As broken as Live 08 was at first, the modding of their datafile and sliders made the game very enjoyable...maybe we are on our way. I remember a few guys who matched up the league averages to the game almost stat for stat, fixed rosters and fixed simulation too. It became the standardized set of what to download for the game and they became very popular on that site. O wells, just reminiscing of another great modding community.

Thanks again =)

Those are almost identical to the sliders I use and am getting pretty much the same results as you are Circlechange.I do keep dynamic fielding on though, I like the challenge of it moving, for me it works I don't get many outfield glitches

Those are almost identical to the sliders I use and am getting pretty much the same results as you are Circlechange.I do keep dynamic fielding on though, I like the challenge of it moving, for me it works I don't get many outfield glitches

I looked at the AI pitching slider again, and they're the same as Darkspace's ... so I didn;t do anything but [1] keep track of the stats, and [2] be patient at the plate.

My honorary parade has been cancelled. *grin*

By keeping user batter power at 70 (in the sliders above), player cards can remain enebled (you can earn them). For some reason my trading card album has magically started working, and I have found that I've earned almost half of the player cards for teams I have played. It's kinda fun.

Archived