Mlb Throwbacks

redsox

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, any timetable on when you'll be releasing this mod redsox.

No timetable at the moment. I would like to make it into a huge release, but I haven't had a whole lot of free time to work on these. I am working on another mod apart from these throwbacks currently and when I get a majority of these done, I will package it up and release it.

No timetable at the moment. I would like to make it into a huge release, but I haven't had a whole lot of free time to work on these. I am working on another mod apart from these throwbacks currently and when I get a majority of these done, I will package it up and release it.

Sounds good, take your time from the looks of things it will be more than worth the wait.

I was going to send you a PM and praise you privately, but your work and sharing deserve public praise.

So, thank you very much for your tutorial. I was surpised, and thankful, that you disclosed some of the finer "modding secrets", particularly the scriptwork involving the zig-zag, smart-sharpen, and burn tool advice. I put that to good use. Thanks again.

Your work is very good, and I've seen your earlier work and your later work, and I appreciate how you keep working at improving your skill. Very impressive. I appreciate both your creativity in custom jerseys and your attention to detail and quality in your throwbacks.

I look forward to your eventual, mage-release.

Once again, thanks ... and keep up the good work.

I was going to send you a PM and praise you privately, but your work and sharing deserve public praise.

So, thank you very much for your tutorial. I was surpised, and thankful, that you disclosed some of the finer "modding secrets", particularly the scriptwork involving the zig-zag, smart-sharpen, and burn tool advice. I put that to good use. Thanks again.

Your work is very good, and I've seen your earlier work and your later work, and I appreciate how you keep working at improving your skill. Very impressive. I appreciate both your creativity in custom jerseys and your attention to detail and quality in your throwbacks.

I look forward to your eventual, mage-release.

Once again, thanks ... and keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot bud. I am currently in an uniform modding mood and figured I would try and complete as many as I can before I lay dormant again. Anyway, look for another update in a minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Needs uniform number bottom left kidney but otherwise looks fantastic.

The game hard codes which uniforms have the front jersey numbers and which ones do not, so depending upon the uniform you are modding, you can't be guaranteed whether the front number shows up or not. That's why in some of the TC single season mods I've released, you will see front jersey numbers on uniforms when they shouldn't be there. In that case it's because I use a uniform slot that has a front jersey number.

• 1 month later...

I made the '86 home and road uniforms, there's a screenshot of them on my blog, I believe.

redsox likes to do older stuff sometimes, maybe he's made the '69 Mets uniforms or maybe he will, who knows what he's up to.

Do you know how to make locked jerseys available to use online? I'm in a MVP 08 league and would love to use the old jerseys but they are never available to use. There are some fantasy jerseys available to use but I have no interest in using them. Is it possible to have the locked jerseys I want to use replace them in the slots where the fantasy jerseys are? If theres some way I can do that could you please tell me what to do?

Can anyone make the 1969 or 1986 Mets home and away jerseys?

Ask and ye shall receive......

Attached you will find some uniforms that we included with Total Classics 10. Both the 1969 and 1986 Mets are included in the mod. For the 1969 Mets we used the 1962 Mets uniforms (the '62 Mets are also in TC10). If you look at the Baseball Hall of Fame uniform database, you will see that from 1962 to 1969, the uniforms are pretty much the same. Here's a link:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=NL&city=New+York&lowYear=1962&highYear=1969&sort=year&increment=9&=Display+uniforms

1962_and_1986_Mets.rar

Ask and ye shall receive......

Attached you will find some uniforms that we included with Total Classics 10. Both the 1969 and 1986 Mets are included in the mod. For the 1969 Mets we used the 1962 Mets uniforms (the '62 Mets are also in TC10). If you look at the Baseball Hall of Fame uniform database, you will see that from 1962 to 1969, the uniforms are pretty much the same. Here's a link:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=NL&city=New+York&lowYear=1962&highYear=1969&sort=year&increment=9&=Display+uniforms

Just installed using TiT. I do not see the new uniforms. All the uniforms are the same.

Just installed using TiT. I do not see the new uniforms. All the uniforms are the same.

That's probably because you did not rename the uniform files to have the same names as the uniforms you want to replace. The file names you see in there correspond to the teams in Total Classics 10. For example, if the Mets use uniform slot 29 (and I'm not saying they do), you would have to rename these files to something like u029c.fsh ('86 home), u029d.fsh ('86 away), etc. Again, these are only examples and not the specific uniform numbers.

That's probably because you did not rename the uniform files to have the same names as the uniforms you want to replace. The file names you see in there correspond to the teams in Total Classics 10. For example, if the Mets use uniform slot 29 (and I'm not saying they do), you would have to rename these files to something like u029c.fsh ('86 home), u029d.fsh ('86 away), etc. Again, these are only examples and not the specific uniform numbers.

How do I find out what numbers are each specific slot? I don't even see anywhere in my game folder that has any info on uniforms. I see uniforms.big and thats it.

How do I find out what numbers are each specific slot? I don't even see anywhere in my game folder that has any info on uniforms. I see uniforms.big and thats it.

You can use a program called EAGraph to open the uniforms.big file to see what slot the uniforms are assigned to. Then just follow Jim's advice.

EAGraph: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=53

Alright I think I finally got the hang of it. Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the help.

Just be aware that what we told you will update the uniforms in the models.big file, but it will not necessarily update the uniform select screens (which reside in the data\frontend\uniforms.big file. You would have to update those separately with the .bmp files included with the uniforms I posted. Doing that is a little more work, involving extracting the appropriate .fsh file from the uniforms.big file, extracting the .bmp files with the nfshtool, replacing the current ones with the ones I sent, repacking the .fsh file and then reimporting it into the uniforms.big file.

It's not hard to do; it just seems a little daunting if you haven't done it before.

Archived