2 Noob Hitting Questions

jackKC

2 noob questions but first a thank you to everyone for helping me with all my previous questions thus far. Im getting into this game a lot and working around the problems a lot thanks to this great community – so thanks, im close to starting my franchise.

A - Hot + Cold Zones for your own players?

As you may be able to tell – I’m from the MVP school of games. Which means I’m used to the hot/cold zones. Do they even exist in MLB 2k9?

I know when pitching you can use the IE to see stats resembling hot/cold zones but do players actually have hot cold zones? I ask because I can’t find any information about players in my own lineup. I used to use the hot cold zones in MVP to judge which players to get and where to aim the directional hitting stick when at the plate. Do MLB players simply have contact and power ratings and these apply evenly all over the K-Zone?

B - Do you guys (classic mode) use the directional buttons? The reason I ask is because I get a rubbish contact whenever I do, and have only ever hit home runs “by accident” when not using a directional button. I like the idea of using the directional buttons, but if it ends up being more of a hinderance than a help I’ll just give up on it.

Thanks in advance for the help. Especially with point A

Inside is as close as your gonna get as far as hot/cold zones go.

I personally don't use the left stick when hitting because like you said, most times you gonna get bad contact.

Have you tried out any of the sliders available here?

So if I have this straight: Whereas in MVP the game would actually increase contact and power when struck in the red zone – in MLB 2k9 there is no difference whatsoever. So the IE when facing batters simply gives you an idea of how likely the batters are to swing, which becomes a non-point when batting because swing frequency is purely dictated by the user?

And as for hit direction… I think ill stay away from aiming up or down… but pulling or hitting away seem to have positive effects, with pulling being the obvious choice when having a power hitter at the plate.

Ive got a set of sliders im happy with… wicked’s with some modifications. However, my only HR’s have been purely accidental and have never cleared the fence by more than a few feet despite batting power being set to 100.

Ah, but that’s my main question: do the red zones on Inside Edge mean higher contact and power ratings like in MVP?

If they do then I would like to know a way of finding out my own team’s hot and cold zones because I can’t seem to find a way to do it either in game or in roster management.

If they don’t then the hot and cold zones are only useful when pitching because they relate to contact frequency statistics, which mean nothing when you control your own batters.

I hope my question makes sense?

• 4 weeks later...

i havent played the game in a while but there is a way to see your teams hot/cold zone..in hte roster management screen (within the franchise) i think u select a player and hteres an option for inside edge (u mite have to purchase ur own team's IE first tho)

again, i havent played the game in quite a bit so i cant remember for sure

Archived