cubs late 70s road

DonSPa

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&

File Name: cubs late 70s road

File Submitter: DonSPa

File Submitted: 16 Jun 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Uniforms and Accessories

now that ive made at least 1 uni per team,i want to add some unis that need to be remembered

.This is from the late 70's cubs road uni

this replaces the cubs alt 1 so if u decide u dont like this make sure

you back up the original

Installation:

1.) BACK UP the file you are replacing.

2.) Extract uniform_chc_alt_1 to your MLB 2k9 directory.

Click here to download this file

Why does every game have to have that god awful uniform made for it? The 84 road uni was MUCH better

I made that jersey (i.e. something close to it), I need to release the files. Some of em require some minor tweaks and I'll do those. I'll be in KC for a coupla days (having lunch with Clay Zavada--Diamondbacks-- and some buddies at 1PMand then go to the game and then who knows what's going to happen ... not bragging, just excited), and then I'll get on uploading some of the modern classics jerseys (9 teams done so far).

mlb2k92009-06-0822-47-12-53.jpg

It's not authentic 1984, because it has the modernc "C and Cub" patch on the sleeve instead of the Cubbie face, and it has the buttons and belt instead of v-neck and waistband (as soon as I learn to edit/create the dds/texture files, I'll make it authentic).

Every time I see the powder blue with pinstripes I think "Ivan DeJesus". Great job on the pinstripes Don!

I agree with ya there. My son keeps asking me when we're going to Boston (we try to go to a new city/stadium each summer), but that ain't happening. We thought about Detroit, but we're not ... we're gonna splurge for a 3-day weekend series to see Clay play at Busch Stadium July 17-19, but that is for special circumstances. We've taken up camping as a family in place of 'exotic' vacations. It's worth it to have a stay-at-home parent. Okay, I'm rambling.

Honestly, we'd rather save some cash for a week at Rosenblat next year, with my brother-in-law and nephew.

Anyway, back on topic ... yes, pinstripes are a 'bad motor scooter'. I've done pinstripes for the early StL unis, and for the 1960 CIN Reds vests.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a blank v-neck dds/texture image, because I'd really like to make some more authentic jerseys. The 75 Reds and Red Sox, just don't look the same with the 'buttons and belt' ... and I REALLY like those old BIg Red Machine jerseys. Simple, yet iconic.

I've tried erasing the script from the image, but it still shows up in the game. I've tried copying and pasting over the script, but it still shows up in the game. I'm limited by talent. *grin*

I made that jersey (i.e. something close to it), I need to release the files. Some of em require some minor tweaks and I'll do those. I'll be in KC for a coupla days (having lunch with Clay Zavada--Diamondbacks-- and some buddies at 1PMand then go to the game and then who knows what's going to happen ... not bragging, just excited), and then I'll get on uploading some of the modern classics jerseys (9 teams done so far).

mlb2k92009-06-0822-47-12-53.jpg

It's not authentic 1984, because it has the modernc "C and Cub" patch on the sleeve instead of the Cubbie face, and it has the buttons and belt instead of v-neck and waistband (as soon as I learn to edit/create the dds/texture files, I'll make it authentic).

Every time I see the powder blue with pinstripes I think "Ivan DeJesus". Great job on the pinstripes Don!

Nice... I'd like to see the Cubs goto that for their alternate uni (84 look with buttons & belt). Of course the sleeve patch would have to have the walking cub logo to match the rest of the unis.

Archived