Incredible Pc Hockey Game

apocalypse

People who want to change their ESPN interface we have an alternative now: NHL.com.

It has all same specs as the 100% rewritten ESPN version. This is a bold statement, but no other sports game has these features. Automatic boxscore saving, endless replays, full simmed game boxscores + scoring summaries, injury reports, team performance reports, scouting reports, dynasty history, etc. etc.

mainmenu.pngnhl043.pngnhlcom12.pngeditlines.pngnhl94.pngnhl941.pngnhl942.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok... the classic mod project has already started. We'll do the following vintage teams, arenas, ices, etc.

(all 53-54)

34 Boston Bruins

35 Chicago Black Hawks

36 Detroit Red Wings

95 Montreal Canadiens

96 NY Rangers

39 Toronto Maple Leafs

40 Canada '72

41 USSR '72

42 USA '80

43 USSR '80

(all 84-85)

44 Boston Bruins

45 Buffalo Sabres

46 Calgary Flames

47 Chicago Black Hawks

48 Detroit Red Wings

49 Edmonton Oilers

50 Hartford Whalers

97 LA Kings

52 Minnesota North Stars

53 Montreal Canadiens

56 New Jersey Devils

57 NY Islanders

58 NY Rangers

59 Philadelphia Flyers

60 Pittsburgh Penguins

61 Quebec Nordiques

62 St. Louis Blues

63 Vancouver Canucks

64 Winnipeg Jets

65 Washington Capitals

2000-2001 season is soon done.

73jm2c.png

Remember these lineups:

42925904.jpg

40706926.jpg

The interface will use vintage ESPN graphics from the site (year 2000).

44464158.jpg

More about the classic mod here.

I just bought this off amazon for $5.

I can remember modding NHL94 and making all minor league teams, unis, and players, and having a blast.

Looking through my old games book, my last NHL game was 2000 ... so, this is going to play as a "brand new game" for me. awesome.

What's even better is the Blackhawks have a team worth playing with.

Downloading all the files now ... and hoping I can folow step-by-step installation instructions. *grin*

I just bought this off amazon for $5.

Lucky find. I found one copy in EBAY stores or whatever, but I didn't get it for whatever reason. Honestly, there was a reason, but I can't remember what it was... And this was only about 24 hours ago... :wacko:

Silly Blackhawks lost tonight. I am blaming it on the fact I couldn't find the game televised anywhere, so I didn't watch it.

I actually just played NHL 2k10 (on PS2, so it's nothing special, but all I can get for the PS2), and it isn't bad for my style of play. I just lost 2-1 in OT in my first game. Hossa scored in the first couple of minutes, but then I got shut out the rest of the way.

Lovin' this Blackhawks team though. If I can find a copy of 04, I am will be giving this a try as well.

EDIT: Ahh, a quick search of Ebay, and I remember my reason. The seller listed it as game only (no original case, or instructions as far as I can tell), and lists it as only "acceptable" condition. The 6 negative feed backs received in the past 6 months (with no reply with explanation from the seller) doesn't help either.

I saw that a few minutes ago. Maybe I am just paranoid, but this made me start to think...

BRAND NEW 2 factory sealed sleeves with registration key only.

If it is brand new, why am I only getting factory sealed sleeves? Where is my box, and my manual? Plus, it doesn't say anywhere, anything about the game discs, just two sleeves, and the key.

EDIT: Ahh, I see I am not the only one thinking that...

EDIT #2: I went ahead and took the risk for the price, but it seems a little off to me.

I can't even find a place to contact them on Amazon...

From one of the sellers numerous negative feedbacks.

"He did not include everything in the package that he said he would!"

Date: April 6, 2006 Rated by Buyer: Leslie E.

Seller Response: "BUYER EMAILS ME SAYING HE ONLY GOT SEALED SLEEVES. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DESCRIPTION SAID HE WOULD GET. THIS IS AN UNFAIR FEEDBACK. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING FOR FREE YOU CAME TO THE WRONG PERSON." Date: April 7, 2006

I think that is what this is. Nothing but sleeves... Are you serious? If so, what a loser...

EDIT: I canceled my order, and sent an email asking for details. If it is actually a game, I will get it, but if not....

Well, while I am waiting for my copy to come, I cheated a lil bit. I was excited to try it out.

I really like it.

My only issue is I am not to happy with the rosters (though they aren't bad), and it plays almost TO real. I like more of a arcade style of game (though I new from the description going in that it was more true to life). This was fun though, and I did win my first game 1-0 on a late goal (Actually, I think I may have scored a second goal a minute or so later, but I may be confusing the game I played on PS2 earlier in the day).

Hell, the fist game I played, I goofed up on the controller select screen, and never did select one. Ended up watching a period of CPU vs CPU... It was almost like watching the real thing. The graphics are far superior (obviously) to the PS2, and the game play looks real.

Anyone that enjoys hockey should probably dig this one out of your closet, or find a copy.

I see it differently. 2004 to me still doesn't incorporate an AI that plays a realistic style of hockey. Don't get me wrong, the work these guys did with the updates is phenomenal, but there are 2 crucial things in the game that ruin it for me: 1. cpu goalies passing back out in traffic unrealistically and 2. the cpu shooting dumb shots way too much.

I could see where this game would be awesome online IP2IP.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@daflyboys: AI excessive shooting has been toned down considerably from global pass/carry and shoot/pass attributes.

Here's a new update. New 09/10 season ices with the accurate FACEOFF ice option (that has been used beginning of the season).

24470ok.jpg

Are these global changes also incorporated in the file that controls generated rookies (can't remember the actual file name)? If not the mod would only be toned down for single season play.

Looks great though!

Here is some newest frontend improvements.

New GameCast graphics (still needs to be improved) but it shows the correct SOG stats.

27zxi5x.jpg

New style for the scoring summary.

23vkkxt.jpg

BoxScore scratched players information showing correctly (during the season/dynasty).

2rfq243.jpg

Some Jumbotron previews... all done and released:

tblnew1.th.jpgtblnew2.th.jpgvanjum4.th.jpg

Slideshow

LINK to 1996-1997 total conversion mod.

Edited by apocalypse

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a question. Is this game xbox controller compatible? I really hope it is cuz I'm not a huge PC gamer so I dont have a gamepad or anything but I do have the wireless XBOX 360 PC reciever that I hook up to my computer when I play MVP 2005 and NHL 09.