An E-mail I Received From The "ea Sports Legal Department"

A few moments ago I received an e-mail from the "EA Sports Legal Department" - this in quotes because it's obviously fake as it was sent from an anonymous e-mail service:

SUBJECT: PLEASE CEASE AND DESIST

Dear Mr. Bradbury:

We have reason to believe you are violating the terms of use you agreed to by purchasing and installing MVP Baseball 2005.

Please cease and desist your attempted discovery of the rating algorithms EA Sports created. These our copyright protected by us. You've come too close to discovering our formulas.

If you do not cease and desist, we will pursue legal action. Please respond to this email with all your formulas in simple spreadsheet form, and delete all your tools of MVPMods.com

First off, it's obviously someone on this forum, I doubt anyone in the world outside of this forum cares enough. Get a life.

Second, I'm 90% sure of who it is. Get a life.

Thirdly, do people really think I'm that dumb for me to start e-mailing my formulas to this address, and delete all my tools. GET A LIFE.

Sorry about this rant, but I had to get it off my chest. If the user who sent me this e-mail wants to apologize, PM me (and then get a life.)

Wow, why would they even think you would believe it was from EA Sports? It sounds sooo fake.

What is it that makes it sound fake in your expert opinion, "jerm?"

At any rate, if it was sent from an anoymous email service, Dylan, you wouldn't be able to respond anyway. Probably just a poor joke.

At any rate, if it was sent from an anoymous email service, Dylan, you wouldn't be able to respond anyway. Probably just a poor joke.

If you want to get snippy "FredGherkin", it sounds fake because of the repeated use of "cease and desist" and the sentence "You've come too close to discovering our formulas." It just sounds fake.

Part of what makes it sound fake is that I can't respond to an anonymous e-mail service.

Also, "and delete all your tools of MVPMods.com", the person probably meant: "and delete all your tools off of MVPMods.com"

If you want to get snippy "FredGherkin", it sounds fake because of the repeated use of "cease and desist" and the sentence "You've come too close to discovering our formulas." It just sounds fake.

What I thought too.

The clear cut indicator is that anytime someone puts something in the subject line that would clearly be a statement made by Captain James T. Kirk upon addressing an enemy leader ..... it's fake.

This deserves a...

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khan.jpg?w=293&h=300

I have a PRETTY GOOD idea who it came from, and he's a frigging idiot anyway. I wouldn't worry to much about it, this guy has nothing better to do.

I have been wondering how long it was going to take him to send something like this.

He's a moron, and he's pissed because of all the backlash he has received lately.

Thanks for the support DJ. :)

Quick question though: There's no way it came from EA Sports right? It occurred to me that if it did, I am by no means financially able to be in any form of legal matter.

It wouldn't of come from EA Sports. They would have left some sort of contact details plus if it was genuine they would have stated possible punishments as a scare tactic.

Plus they wouldn't waste their time because legal proceedings would cost more than what they could get out of you financially.

Archived