Portraits In Mlb 2k9 With Texmod Is Possible

mvpmods11229

good luck mvp i hope u found the solution.I sent my MB to the factory and found out today they got it so hopefully by next week ill have it back .Im not sure how many mods u have to do to be counted as a modder trues would be the one who could answer that one for ya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck mvp i hope u found the solution.I sent my MB to the factory and found out today they got it so hopefully by next week ill have it back .Im not sure how many mods u have to do to be counted as a modder trues would be the one who could answer that one for ya

Yeah actually this time Im more confident than ever. If I get the headsup that this works, Ill release it ASAP!

Note: If this works and you want the portraits, all your settings for advanced video MUST be set at low....Unfortunately, Texmod files can be only shared if the maker, me, has the same video settings as yours so unfortunately, my computer isnt that good so the settings are low so I just realized that this was prlly the problem. But if you do want updated portraits, this is the sacrifice that you have to make.

Hi mvpmods11229,

Thanks for the work trying to get the Portraits updated. :good:

If you have updated all the portraits on every team why not just upload your Portrait.cdf file to MVPMods? I would love to have that.

So I take it no one has had any luck with the .CDF files here either? I am a big NBA 2k9 fan and I was hoping you guys over here might have had a lead on cracking this file format instead of using texmod. It would be nice if we had some friends in certain places at 2k that could point us in the right direction.

I can confirm this portraits WILL in fact work as my beta tester finally got back to me. Unfortunately, it only worked because I made the portraits with low quality/texture video settings and it won't work with high quality settings. When I mean low, it will be LOW. I'll release this after the trade deadline!

I can confirm this portraits WILL in fact work as my beta tester finally got back to me. Unfortunately, it only worked because I made the portraits with low quality/texture video settings and it won't work with high quality settings. When I mean low, it will be LOW. I'll release this after the trade deadline!

Yeah I will take a look which settings are the reason for working or non working portraits.

Ok it's the "Texture Quality" settings only , I even use my original mlb2k9.exe so the .exe file doesn't matter at all.

All the Mods I've uploaded useally takes about 2 hours or so to be approved for the public.

Is it the completed portrait.cdf file, or the Package that needs Texmod to install that you uploaded? If the Texmod Package doesn't work for Admin they probably won't release it.

usually only takea a couple hours for the public to download but usually goes in the mod announcements almost instantly at least every time ive uploaded anything it has,try resubmitting it and see if it does the same

also as barnes says in what kind of file is it and also did u zip it before submit it

I have a .rar file with the .tpf file with the TexMod.exe. And I tried submitting it twice. I click submit and then it says sending request and then later i go back to the home page of mvpmods.com.

And I received confirmation that it worked from my tester.

are u including the texmod.exe with the upload here??if so that could be the reason that ur file hasnt been approved

you may also want to put in instructions oh how to install the portraits along with the file as well if u allready havnt done that

ok got it and it worked for me as well.Good job mvp ,I see u already updated some of the portraits from the recent trades.Where did u find updated portraits allready?I wonder how we can put these in the game without having to run texmod all the time???I tried renaming the file as portrait.iff but that didnt work

hey mvp i may have made a breakthru to where we wont have to adjust the video to low.It maybe linked on how we save the file.Instead of png it maybe another file type.I was updating the pirates portraits and i thought what happens if i save them as a bmp instead.I started the game up with texmod and used high and they new portraits showed but they look like those funhouse mirror look,had a good chuckle but im going to adjust the size limit and see if that helps if not then ill try them as a jpeg and on down.Ill let u know if i figured out a good solution

hey mvp i may have made a breakthru to where we wont have to adjust the video to low.It maybe linked on how we save the file.Instead of png it maybe another file type.I was updating the pirates portraits and i thought what happens if i save them as a bmp instead.I started the game up with texmod and used high and they new portraits showed but they look like those funhouse mirror look,had a good chuckle but im going to adjust the size limit and see if that helps if not then ill try them as a jpeg and on down.Ill let u know if i figured out a good solution

I mean I've gotten portraits to work in TexMod for myself. I made myself the whole Phillies roster. I am confused by what the issue is here.

ok got it and it worked for me as well.Good job mvp ,I see u already updated some of the portraits from the recent trades.Where did u find updated portraits allready?I wonder how we can put these in the game without having to run texmod all the time???I tried renaming the file as portrait.iff but that didnt work

Thats great. And for the updated portraits, I just went into the mlb.com and went to the players and they had updated portraits. So then I (print screened) and then edited it. Still wonder why it didn't upload yet but I'll try removing texmod with the .rar file.

my guess is because u had the texmod file and this site wouldnt be allowed to upload it w/o permission.I am finding success in saving the files as a .bmp and being able to use them with high video settings.A couple of portraits i fixed the hourglass look but cant figure how i did it *lol* I found the updated portraits on mlb and on the teams parent site as well

mvp good news i believe i have it figured out.Im gonna send you my tpf file.Run the video on high then open up the game and go to the pirates portraits and see if they work for you

what i did when i put the portraits on photoshop i made the image size 512 x 512 saved them as a bmp and on the bmp options window that opened up i saved them as 24 bit

Archived