Portraits In Mlb 2k9 With Texmod Is Possible

mvpmods11229

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mvp good news i believe i have it figured out.Im gonna send you my tpf file.Run the video on high then open up the game and go to the pirates portraits and see if they work for you

what i did when i put the portraits on photoshop i made the image size 512 x 512 saved them as a bmp and on the bmp options window that opened up i saved them as 24 bit

That's great. Will be waiting for you to send the .tpf file!

i sent it pm did u get it mvp?I did some more portraits and seems the bmp files works fine,now if we could just create the portraits.iff file without having to run the game thru texmod that would be even more of a great move forward

i sent it pm did u get it mvp?I did some more portraits and seems the bmp files works fine,now if we could just create the portraits.iff file without having to run the game thru texmod that would be even more of a great move forward

Nope didnt get it yet.

yeah ill be doing that i just wanted to make sure it all worked first.Im waiting on an email from Ron over at 2k9 to see what program opens up the portrait.iff file to see how we can mod the file to show in game without having to run texmod all the time ,he sent my request forward but said that they usually dont promote modding to thier game but he will let me know what they say

• 4 weeks later...

Actually the problem is not being able to share with everyone. I mean if you have the time to do it manually, it would work out great which it did for me. Its just bad that I cant share my work with everyone. But if anyone wants to learn how I got the portraits,

1. Go to Logging Mode

2. Log into MLB 2K9. (PNG output too)

3. Using the minus sign and plus sign on the right side of the keyboard, search through the textures (portraits) and when you find it, press Enter on the right side of the keyboard.

4. Keep on doing that for every one.

5. The output folder you selected will have all the portraits you did.

6. Then use this site, http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=193874

It has ALL the portraits taken from Spring Training.

7. Open the portrait from there and on Photoshop, select E (the magic erasing tool) and click on the background to erase. Don't leave any background!

8. Go to Image --> Image Size --> Set the width and height to 250!!

9. Then, overwrite it with the .png portrait from MLB 2K9 saved in your output folder and that's it.

10. I've done maybe 500 of this so it's a very time-consuming process but it's worth it!

11. To test if it works, you then go to Package Build, select the .log file it created, and press Build. That will make your .tpf file where you then go to Package Mode and select your .tpf file annd press RUN!

Question: When you say log into mlb 2k9 am I correct in thinking that means the mlb2k9.exe file? And if that is correct do I run it? Also do I need the alternative method box checked? I have messed around with several different things but have not been able to figure out how to sort through the portraits as you mentioned above. I have very little experience with texmod, and that is only with running someone else's mod. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I wondered if there's a way I could change the players portraits and I ended up here :)

I've got one problem which stills confusing me.

I only want to change the portraits of 2 new created players. Are the players portraits located in a folder? Which one exactly?

If so, can anyone give me an "absolute-noob" How to do Tutorial?

I appreciate it very much!

Thanks in advance!

Kaykay

• 6 months later...

Archived