Put Own Music In Place Of 2k Beats Playlist?

Edgil

I know this has to be possible but I have not seen anything posted anywhere on how to do this. I just want to be able to select my own playlist of files/folders to play during the non-ingame menu parts of the game. Is there a way to replace the 2K beats playlist completely with your own or even just add my own songs to it because I can't stand the songs on there anymore. If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, take care all.

so far it doesnt seem possible to change the music,the only thing that i can see thru the iff editor is that we could possibly change how the juke box itself looks but not the music or sound fx.Unless someone can make some program that could read those files

• 2 weeks later...

I am so very close to making this a possibility and I need a little help. Right now I have made a first try mock-up playlist in which all of the songs have the exact same song times as the original jukebox.bin file. I am able to export the song file but I'm what format it is supposed to be in. I then have to convert the file to a .iso and then to a .bin but I feel that this is uneffficient. If anyone knows what the format the original jukebox.bin audio files are in specifically or an easier way to get the audio file directly to a .bin that would be a huge help. I think I can speak for most people when I say that I am absolutely sick of the songs on the 2K beats to the point where I have them all muted and I would love to make creating consistently better playlists a reliable and smooth possibility. The furthest I have gotten to this point is with different forms of PCM at 44100 or 48000 with 8 bit stereo which sounds like half music and half overbearing static. Any help or suggestions will further along this development and is greatly appreciated, thanks take care all.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for not getting to your latest PM quickly; I have been away. I'm still unsure why the Audition 3.0 tryout is unable to open the file correctly (since the version I have, 1.5, can), in the next couple days I will download it and see what I can do from there. I'll also see what happens when I try to replace the track to hear if the half-music-half static effect comes up.

Just an update - I replaced "Steal My Sunshine" using Audition 1.5, and it works perfectly in the game. There was a little quality loss from the song going from 16-bit down to 8-bit when imported into the file, but overall it was a success!

I now have a fully functioning great quality jukebox playlist and if there is anyone that can help me or tell me how to edit the "Features" menu "2K Beats" screen with the track titles and album covers to match accordingly with my changes that would be awesome. I also now have a file to the point where it would be easy to swap songs in and out or create a completely new playlists regularly. Any help beyond that non-english iff editor that people use for nba2k would be great. Thanks a ton, take care all

-Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I now have a fully functioning great quality jukebox playlist and if there is anyone that can help me or tell me how to edit the "Features" menu "2K Beats" screen with the track titles and album covers to match accordingly with my changes that would be awesome. I also now have a file to the point where it would be easy to swap songs in and out or create a completely new playlists regularly. Any help beyond that non-english iff editor that people use for nba2k would be great. Thanks a ton, take care all

-Kevin

Okay, you want help w/ that, but you really didn't give us a step-by-step process of creating our own playlist for 2k9.

Can you please share w/ us how to do this? What programs are needed, and the step-by-step process?? Oh, man that would be so sweet if you'd share!! I love the default music, but like my own better!

If only it was as easy as Madden 08 was to change the tunes!!! There all you had to do was throw shortcuts of the songs you wanted into the music folder. Ugghhh, the good old day!!!! ;)

----------------

Now playing: The Offspring - Killboy Powerhead

via FoxyTunes

Archived