This Must Be The Stupidest Question Yet!

apocalypse

I got MLB 2k9 just today... looks great... but how on Earth you swing the bat?

I assigned my hitting button to LEFTCONTROL from the redefine keys menu, and the other button (that sets the batter ready) to button 1.

It shows up correctly there... but every time I press the CTRL, absolutely nothing happens. I went to the practice mode... chose HITING... tried again.. nothing, nada... I must be a total moron... but for the life of me I can't find a way to swing in this game. I can punt just ok, but no swinging. The weird thing is that CTRL button works just fine when I'm pitching.

Flame away guys! :D

PS: I'm from the Scandinavian area... and I use a Scandinavian keyboard with different layout... could this cause the problem... it has never been a problem before.

ha! that is maybe one of the stupidest questions.

Have you ever heard of that saying that starts out with "For those who live in glass houses....."

And Apocalypse is from Europe (not that it matters) but baseball isn't as big over there as it is here and I am very sure he's spent more time playing hockey games instead of our National Pastime.

That's pretty mean man. You might want to consider apologizing to Apocalypse.

Naah... who cares what someone says anonymously in the forums.

Looks like 99% of the people play the game with some sort of pad/controller... that has always been my main issue with all consoles... I hate gamepads because the directions are operated from the wrong side... I'm a "left handed player". I want to use keyboard only for all gaming... that seems to be the problem here... and why the batting doesn't function from the CTRL (even though it's properly assigned from the keyboard CONTROLS). Can't find anything about this from the manual, either.

I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks everyone.

Ok... works now... for some reason it doesn't allow me to assign the batting key to LEFTCONTROL... it's weird because it shows LEFTCTRL in the selected keys menu and it works when I'm pitching... this must be a European keyboard layout problem of some sort... when I changed the batting key to "X" it works perfectly.

Yeah... game on...!!

@Yankee4Life: Sorry about the animated avatar mate... didn't know....!!

apocalypse u may find that the game can be very frustrating at first and my advice would be to read everything in here about sliders,once u get things straightened up then this can be a very enjoyable game

Archived