How To Increase Cpu's Runs..

louie31313

hi there.. i'm having a problem regarding the CPU's runs against me.. in my Mets Dynasty my team ERA through 6 games just scares me off and the against AVG is something like .210++ i believe is not pretty realistic..here's a pic

mlb2k92003010123481021.jpg w751.png

here's my CPU batting Sliders..

batter success:75

power:100

pitcher handedness inf:100

IE batter zone inf:100

batting pitch inf:75

bunt contact:50

bunt success:50

and my Pitching Sliders:

pitch meter speed:100

pitch speed:70

gesture recognition:80

hold timing inf:20

release timing inf:60

pitcher rating inf:100

ptich break inf:100

pticher composure inf:95

I used Darkspace's Sliders as a Base

so how do u guys think i should change to increase the CPU's runs and hits??and another question..does the Pitch Speed affect my problem?? i set it to 70 because i'm having problems timing pitches to hit,my run avg. per game is 2 but i hope in the next few games i increase that number..

thanks guys

EDIT: i read in Darkspace's thread that pinpoint pitching should be off.. i can't go to the controller options because if i hit 4,from what i've read, nothing happens and i don't know if i have pinpoint pitching on

You've only walked one batter in 6 games of pitching - you've obviously got far too much control of your pitches - IRL a lot of pitchers struggle to control where they are pitching and a lot of the time throw a handful of unintentional balls every at bat, especially when the compusure starts to go.

Gesture recognition and release timing influence are both sliders that you can continue to move higher until you reach a difficulty level that feels right. Try putting both at 80 and see how a few games go then. I think some other experienced players even have it as high as 90.

Plus - the pitch break influence affects how well a cpu batter can hit a breaking ball. With your slider at 100 it makes it very hard to near impossible for a batter to hit a curve ball or slider. Try lowering it a bit if you find you are having too much success with your breaking balls. I have it at 80.

You've only walked one batter in 6 games of pitching - you've obviously got far too much control of your pitches - IRL a lot of pitchers struggle to control where they are pitching and a lot of the time throw a handful of unintentional balls every at bat, especially when the compusure starts to go.

Gesture recognition and release timing influence are both sliders that you can continue to move higher until you reach a difficulty level that feels right. Try putting both at 80 and see how a few games go then. I think some other experienced players even have it as high as 90.

Plus - the pitch break influence affects how well a cpu batter can hit a breaking ball. With your slider at 100 it makes it very hard to near impossible for a batter to hit a curve ball or slider. Try lowering it a bit if you find you are having too much success with your breaking balls. I have it at 80.

thanks man.. now i finally understand why batters always swings and misses on curveball/sliders,,gonna try your suggestions now

just a question, do you have an idea if pinpoint pitching is default? because i can't see the option where i can change it..

thanks man.. now i finally understand why batters always swings and misses on curveball/sliders,,gonna try your suggestions now

just a question, do you have an idea if pinpoint pitching is default? because i can't see the option where i can change it..

If you are using controller, goto the Controller config screen and click down on either the Left or Right Analog stick. Will bring up the options for Batting/Pitching. This is how I access it with my Logitech Dual Action controller.

If you are using controller, goto the Controller config screen and click down on either the Left or Right Analog stick. Will bring up the options for Batting/Pitching. This is how I access it with my Logitech Dual Action controller.

thanks... but when i tried to click both sticks in the controller config, the main options only appears, but it completely looks alike your Logitech Dual Action.. my controller is a cheap one, i don't know what it's brand is.maybe thats why ^_^

anyone have an idea on how to do in keyboard?

On the keyboard press the button 4 (the one above the E and R keys)

For me this only works in the game, not in the main menu mode.

ps: How are the slider adjustments affecting your pitching? Noticing any more hits / walks? If not then give 85 or 90 a try for each of the two sliders.

Are you using 3-step (release timing ON) pitching?

If not, then pitching will be far too easy for most.

Also, 80 gesture recognition is probably too low. At 80, you're likely making "perfect" pitches quite often, and then it won;t matter wat the AI batting controls are.

[1] Use 3-step pitching

[2] Gesture recognition at 90 or 95.

You'll likely have to reduce AI batting sliders to Darkspace's settings, as a result.

On this game, too easy user pitching negates high AI batting sliders.

On the keyboard press the button 4 (the one above the E and R keys)

For me this only works in the game, not in the main menu mode.

ps: How are the slider adjustments affecting your pitching? Noticing any more hits / walks? If not then give 85 or 90 a try for each of the two sliders.

ok got it..thanks, i can now view the options.

i've made this changes:

gesture recog:90

release timing inf:90

pitch break inf:70

i played with this set against the Padres in my Mets dynasty and Pelfrey pitched perfect through six innings and i go to the bullpen and they gave up a run in 4hits and a walk in 3innings..

looks like i need to turn on release timing on..

thanks man

Are you using 3-step (release timing ON) pitching?

If not, then pitching will be far too easy for most.

Also, 80 gesture recognition is probably too low. At 80, you're likely making "perfect" pitches quite often, and then it won;t matter wat the AI batting controls are.

[1] Use 3-step pitching

[2] Gesture recognition at 90 or 95.

You'll likely have to reduce AI batting sliders to Darkspace's settings, as a result.

On this game, too easy user pitching negates high AI batting sliders.

got it!.. i tried pitching with release timing on in a exhibition game and i was owned in 1inning!,because i can't really understand how that works...maybe because i didn't play 2k7/2k8..

can you give me some tips on how to pitch with release timing???

and what does "3-step pitching" means??

thanks

Archived