Classic Teams

MrGravyard

Which one's are you making?

I'm guessing that those that have made all the classic teams for MVP are not interested in doing all those years worth of labor over again. I doubt it has much to do with the quality of the game, but more to do with the time investment required.

The game's only been out for a few monthes. (<--seriously).

The amount of time it would take to "do it right" is immense. For that very reason I requested that 2K NOT spend time on historic/classic teams (in the thread at 2K asking for feedback), because I know they would half-*** it just to get it done by Spring 2010. Classic/Historic teams take a long time to do, not to mention uniforms (relatively easy), but player portraits and faces would take forever, and as of yet audio files cannot be edited.

CircleChange's explanation is the exact reason why the Total Classic team has not spent any time developing classic teams for MLB2K9. We've simply invested too much time in developing classic mods for MVP2005. EA's lack of a new game, while frustrating for those who play the game with modern teams, actually helped the Total Classic team.

Before MVP2005, you had about a year for mods to be created and updated before everyone moved on to the next version of the game. With no new game for four years, it allowed us to continue to mod MVP2005, and get things (stadiums, uniforms, single season conversion mods) that you would have never seen if EA had created an MVP2006, MVP2007, etc.

Archived