Automatic Audio

DylanBradbury

Automatic audio?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does your game have automatic audio?

• Yes
    • No

Recently it came to my attention that some members (like me) have automatic audio. If you create a player with a pronounceable name (not Daisuke Matsuzaka), it'll pronounce it. Joe Inglett, Aaron Hill, Jesse Litsch - the announcers announce their name just as smooth as Roy Halladay, Carlos Delgado, or Roger Clemens.

I thought it was the norm, but it turns out it's not. Most of you don't have this feature. You have to download your audio.

My question to you in order to relieve my curiosity: Does your game have automatic audio? If so, what country did you get your copy of MVP 2005?

i know this is a feature in past games by ea, but i do not have it in mine. if this is the case, you could easily record these names for us by turning the all the other audio off and using a system recorder. let's hear an okajima or kershaw.

i know this is a feature in past games by ea, but i do not have it in mine. if this is the case, you could easily record these names for us by turning the all the other audio off and using a system recorder. let's hear an okajima or kershaw.

I thought about doing this but...

Unfortunately Homer, the moment I do that every user will ask for their favourite player's name, then it'll be their favourite team's players' names, then it'll be their favourite organization's players' names, then it'll be "OH DYLAN! Cood you plz record my crazy uncle Joe-Bob McGee?"

I have quite a bit on my plate as it is, and I definitely don't need that.

Besides, I don't think my computer is equipped with enough ram to play a game and record a name, (<-- it rhymes), at the same time.

If another user who has this feature is willing, by all means go ahead. But say goodbye to your sanity.

Mine will say the last name, if I create a guy who has their audio/photo ID set to 0... But then it only says the last name, and the player has no picture.

The minute I give them an ID, of course, if the ID has no coresponding audio, it wont say anything.

Mine will say the last name, if I create a guy who has their audio/photo ID set to 0... But then it only says the last name, and the player has no picture.

The minute I give them an ID, of course, if the ID has no coresponding audio, it wont say anything.

Thanks for answering emath2432.

I should have mentioned that as well, if I assign a portrait to the player, the player's audio goes.

i guess i just don't understand this at all. it's one thing if it does it, but it makes no sense that they say names that don't even exist in the game. how are you guys creating these guys? in game? because i just played a whole game with a all created guys and not a single name was announced.

by the way, running a sound recorder while playing takes up very little ram. wavosaur does it flawlessly.

i guess i just don't understand this at all. it's one thing if it does it, but it makes no sense that they say names that don't even exist in the game. how are you guys creating these guys? in game? because i just played a whole game with a all created guys and not a single name was announced.

by the way, running a sound recorder while playing takes up very little ram. wavosaur does it flawlessly.

In-game, out-of-game, either way it works.

I guess the game just like a kindergartner sounds it out: Jing-lett. Oka-jima. I think it means that multiple versions of the game were made, some got the automatic audio version, some didn't.

As for the sound recorder tip: thanks, but there's still no way I'm recording a player. I hope you understand homer.

Dylan, does your version pronounce the names of players not in the game?

I think you mean player's that aren't in the original game? If so, yes - as long as it's relatively simple. Daisuke Matsuzaka is not, therefore it's not pronounced. Joe Inglett is not in the game, but his name is pronounced.

Are these only Canadian versions? I have heard EA was making a better version for the Canadian market. ;-)

Well, emath is from The States, but his version has this feature. He might have purchased it up here though.

Hoop and I are Canadian, and both of us have this feature.

Patsen, who's also Canadian, said he "triggered" his version to do it. He, however, bought his game in Michigan.

So to answer your question, I have no idea. :(

I had to get my copy off of Ebay, so I really have no idea where it was released.

Guys, the key is, try to create a guy with no audio/photo ID. Once you give them an ID, it wont work. Also, I wasn't aware it said names not on the game. I never tried it. It would say names like Smith, when Ozzie Smith came to the plate (this was the first name I noticed it on). Once I gave him an ID, so he could have a picture, it stopped doing it.

High Heat did this too, but they didn't have specific IDs for players, so you could have last name audio for any guys who had a common name.

I had to get my copy off of Ebay, so I really have no idea where it was released.

Guys, the key is, try to create a guy with no audio/photo ID. Once you give them an ID, it wont work. Also, I wasn't aware it said names not on the game. I never tried it. It would say names like Smith, when Ozzie Smith came to the plate (this was the first name I noticed it on). Once I gave him an ID, so he could have a picture, it stopped doing it.

High Heat did this too, but they didn't have specific IDs for players, so you could have last name audio for any guys who had a common name.

Thanks for the response emath.

I'm wondering if a first name is common, the first name is pronounced. Like Joe (Inglett) [Joe Beimel] or Dustin (McGowan) [Dustin Hermanson]; and easy last names are sounded out.

It looks like some (most) people don't have any sort of this feature, even without an ID. Lucky us!

Archived