Mlb 2k9 Will Not Load Past Slash Screen

SW2008

I just purchased MLB 2k9 and installed in on my pc. But when i try to run it it will load the splash screen and then the screen will go black and I can here sound through the speakers but no game.

Windows XP Home SP2

ATI Radeon Series Graphics Card 128MB

AMD Athlon 3000+ processor

1GB RAM

if your getting a black screen you need to either make sure you have the lastest updates for your drivers and graphics card, if they still does not fix it then you need to possibly look into a new graphics card. id recommend anything over 8600 gts as far as gaming on a pc is concerned, it's getting tot hat point. hope it helps.

I just upgrade the graphics card.

The Graphics card is a ATI Radeon Series Game Buster 9250 128mb ram

That card does not meet the Shader Model 3.0 requirement of the game. As stated before, if you want to play MLB 2k9, you will need to upgrade to a card that supports Shader Model 3.0

As mentioned, that is a horrible graphics card for the money.

If you just purchased the card from a Retail store, I highly recommend you take it back immediately.

It looks like that card is a PCI graphics card. Do you have an AGP or PCI Express x16 slot?

If you don't, an 8400GS on the PCI bus is about as good as you are going to get (even that will be limited with the bus speed from PCI).

I bought the graphics card off ebay. So more or less I wasted my money. Only reason I bought it a friend of mine said he had it and it ran all of his rpg games with great graphics. Dang it. now i have to go get another graphics card.

I bought the graphics card off ebay. So more or less I wasted my money. Only reason I bought it a friend of mine said he had it and it ran all of his rpg games with great graphics. Dang it. now i have to go get another graphics card.

Also, when shopping for a video card, make sure you Power Supply has enough juice to handle it.

Archived