Switching Between Mvp 08 And Total Classics

jerm

I know this question has been asked before, but sorry, I couldn't find it in a search. I am thinking about downloading Total Classics Phase 10, but first I want to know if switching between that and MVP 08 is as simple as just switching the files. Any help is appreciated!

The only way I know of is to have multiple installs of MVP 05 and install the different conversion mods to separate folders. Basically all you do is copy the contents of your MVP 05 folder and paste it into another folder of your choice. There are plenty of threads about this scattered all over the site.

Thanks for the help, but how do I get a clean copy of the game if I already have it installed? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it? If so, as long as I keep all of my MVP 08 files on my desktop I will still be able to use it correct?

Thanks for the help, but how do I get a clean copy of the game if I already have it installed? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it? If so, as long as I keep all of my MVP 08 files on my desktop I will still be able to use it correct?

Make a copy of your entire MVP08 folder. Next uninstall and reinstall the default MVP2005 game (and any patches you want). Now install Total Classics on top of MVP2005 and you will have two separate installations. If you think that you will want to install more Total Classic mods in the future, leave the default MVP2005 install where it is (so that you always have a copy of the default game). Make a copy of the default game folder and install Total Classics on top of the copy.

Thanks for the help. So, I tried to uninstall it but when I clicked "Change/Remove Program" the Add or Remove Program window froze and I couldn't force quit. I then restarted the computer and came back to Add or Remove Programs and MVP wasn't listed. It's installed, I know that, because I've ran it about 5 times since then. I keep looking in Add or Remove Programs and it isn't there. This is frustrating.

Archived