Wont Be Making Mods

DonSPa

unfortunatly last night my computer crashed.I was doing a format and everything went fine until i started putting in my drivers and the comp froze and after trying to reboot,the computer wont even boot up at all now.Im using a backup comp right now but its so old and cannot handle any downloads or any programs.I really cant afford a new comp and so it probally will be a long time before i can even get back up and running.

Don - do not worry, while your computer was dying, I was making a template for people to start using so making uniforms for 2K9 should be very user-friendly...I have (I hope) finally found out how to edit the green dds files for the shadowing - but I will still have to work on it a little more and finish it up...wish me luck1

Nick

ahh that would be great nick,the green screen is an area i need to learn

yes the fans spin tiedyed,as soon as i start the comp it shuts my monitor off and when i turn the monitor back on all i get is the blue screen,the harddrive light comes on for a few seconds then the light goes out but nothing else happens

ahh that would be great nick,the green screen is an area i need to learn

yes the fans spin tiedyed,as soon as i start the comp it shuts my monitor off and when i turn the monitor back on all i get is the blue screen,the harddrive light comes on for a few seconds then the light goes out but nothing else happens

Take out the ram and put it back in. See if that works. You got the blue screen of death from the sounds of it

Most likely hardware related,I have had this happen when dvd drives die or bad driver installs for my vid card. First thing I would try is remove the video card put it back in and try to start it. The the sound card, if those don't fix Try unplugging your dvd drives or any extra hdd.If none of this helps. It sounds like it could be your vid card died, if possible try swapping out vid cards if you have an old one that still works.

its all intergrated theres no cards.few months ago i had to get a new motherboard and i took the comp to the guy that worked on it and he refuses to look at it now because i had a spyware program on my system that wasnt microsoft so now he wont even bother i can try a couple cards and see what happens

its all intergrated theres no cards.few months ago i had to get a new motherboard and i took the comp to the guy that worked on it and he refuses to look at it now because i had a spyware program on my system that wasnt microsoft so now he wont even bother i can try a couple cards and see what happens

Wtf?

What does the BSOD state? Is it referencing a certain file?

It sounds video driver related to me. As soon as the computer boots from the drive it sees the wrong chipset, video driver, audio driver, something.

Restart your computer and rapidly press the Delete key on your keyboard. Hopefully this gets you into the BIOS. If not, try unplugging the hard drive for now and see if it gives an option to go into the BIOS.

If you get into the BIOS, then you know it's most likely something software. Like I said, I suspect some sort of driver. You would need some sort of formatting software though, XP disk may not touch it.

ok this time i removed the memory and stuck it back in then i unplugged the harddrive.Doesnt even give me a harddisc failure message matter of fact it doesnt even give me any kind of reading at all,has me totally stumped

the comp worked fine until i started putting in drivers and it froze on me and hasnt booted since

When you unplugged the hard drive, did the monitor stay on longer?

You didn't install an updated BIOS through an online updater did you? Can you get us the links to the drivers you installed (if you went online to get them).

What motherboard do you have? At this point, I think the best option would be to reset the CMOS. Maybe some setting got screwed up in the BIOS, never know. I would suggest popping out the CMOS battery from the motherboard, leave it out for about 5-10 seconds and then plug it back in. Start the computer and see if you have the same problem.

ok i left the battery out and unplugged power to the motherboard all night.Started it up today and still the same.I then took out the memory stick rebooted and i didnt even get any beeps with no memory stick ,my guess is im probally screwed

i put the disc in that is for the MB to install the live watch or something like that and it had asked me if i wanted to backup my sytem i clicked yes then it froze i just now unhooked my harddrive,both dvd burners and left my mouse and keyboard unhooked as well the only thing i hooked was the power and the monitor and still the same thing as soon as i turn the power on the monitor shuts down and ill turn it back on and all i see is the screen to set the monitor brightness etc etc no sounds of any kind other than the fan running no beeps no clicks or anything

Archived