Wont Be Making Mods

DonSPa

I don't recall if my fans even spun up when I bricked my asus mobo flashing the bios, it crashed halfway through.

They should have if they were running from the power supply.

If you were getting the power from the motherboard they wouldn't spin until you plugged them directly into the power supply.

@DonSPa: How old is this motherboard? You may be covered under warranty by MSI. They have a 3-year warranty on almost every board. Don't tell them you installed anything, just tell them it won't startup and such. What you need to do is go to their site and see if the board is still covered. I have returned about 3 motherboards to them, they take about 2 weeks turnaround.

its been maybe 5 months since i had this MB put in.Bad part is it was an individual that set it all up so i doubt he has any warranties or anything for it.He refuses to even look at it now beacuse i had 3rd party software on it and he strictly is nothing but microsoft programs.And i dont have any reciepts to show msi

its been maybe 5 months since i had this MB put in.Bad part is it was an individual that set it all up so i doubt he has any warranties or anything for it.He refuses to even look at it now beacuse i had 3rd party software on it and he strictly is nothing but microsoft programs.And i dont have any reciepts to show msi

MSI will not ask you for a receipt.

All they need is the model number and serial number of the board. The warranty automatically goes into effect.

I think they go based on the build date of the motherboard, which probably hasn't elapsed three years (hopefully).

Worth a shot IMO. Plus you get to learn a ton more about computers :D

ok thanx hackman ill give them a try and see what happens guess the worse that can happen is they say they cant help and im stuck with this dinosaur of a comp,so dang slow that i can open a page and leave for 10 minutes and come back and still waiting for the page to open *lol*

thnx hackman i sent the request so ill have to do the waiting game now

thanx again hackman as an update they sent me the info for me to send the MB back so hopefully within a couple weeks ill have my comp up and running again I appreciate all that helped me out

Archived