File Name: Audio Pack 17

File Submitter: Cavicchi

File Submitted: 14 Jul 2009

File Updated: 18 Jul 2009

File Category: Audio

Version: 1.1

Audio Pack 17 by Cavicchi

Version 1.1 (July, 18, 2009)

Updated audio for Phillip Humber to correct the pronunciation (the "H" is silent) and also deleted the a.dat file that was not suitable for inclusion.

Included are some players from the Minnesota Twins.

See the readme for instructions.

If you have a problem, please post it in this thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=40779

1...Joe Benson...........9259...a,c,d

2...Daniel Berg..........6730...a,c,d

3...Alex Burnett.........6722...a,c,d

4...Blair Erickson.......6729...a,d

5...Matthew Fox.........6738...a,c,d

6...Carlos Gutierrez...6723...a,c,d

7...Phillip Humber......8316....c,d

8...Jason Jones..........6829...a,c,d

9...Dustin Martin........6713...a,c,d

10..Wilson Ramos......6775...a,c,d

11..Tyler Robertson...6714...a,c,d

12..Reid Santos.........6473...a,c,d

13..Zachary Ward......7747...a,c,d

14..Tommy Watkins....6776...a,c,d

15..Matthew Williams..6731...a,c,d

16..David Winfrey......6755....c,d

a= Krukow Last Name announcement

c= Kuiper Full Name announcement

d= Kuiper Last Name announcement

Enjoy!

Click here to download this file

Where is Joe Benson in the game? Also, not like it's a big deal but Humber's name is pronounced Umber with a silent H. Thanks.

Joe Benson is on their "A" team. "Umber" was taken from a Hum and that is how the announcer pronounced it. I knew the "H" sound was weak, but I did think it was there. Anyway, I could do him over again...

Interesting that I get a criticism of one name when someone else did 4 names that were all pronounced wrong! Considering that all he did was 4 names, I think that is absolutely horrible. However, since he got 5 stars for pronouncing the names incorrectly, I wasn't concerned about a weak-sounding "H" sound. <_<

I think you're being a bit too oversensitive here. Didn't he say, "not like it's a big deal"?

Also, haven't we been through enough with the other mod you are referring to? If you don't like his mod, that's fine, but there is no reason to stir stuff up again in here. No one is saying the other mod is better than yours. Just let it go......

I think you're being a bit too oversensitive here. Didn't he say, "not like it's a big deal"?

Also, haven't we been through enough with the other mod you are referring to? If you don't like his mod, that's fine, but there is no reason to stir stuff up again in here. No one is saying the other mod is better than yours. Just let it go......

If I wanted to be totally honest about this, I would have commented in his thread regarding all the names that were pronounced wrong; however, I chose not to do that--and that should speak volumes about my being over-sensitive."

"No one is saying the other mod is better than yours. Just let it go......"

What on earth is that statement about? We are not doing the same audio! Please, I am not even remotely concerned about comparing his audio to mine.

If you want to criticize his mod (as you clearly are obsessed about it for some reason), then go ahead, preferably as constructive criticism, and not with terms like "absolutely horrible".

More importantly, do it in the right thread! You hijacked your own thread to take a shot at the other mod. Also, what does your lack of a comment have to do with you being oversensitive? If the other guy said something about his mods being better than yours or pointing out perceived flaws, that's one thing. He didn't do that.

How about if we just stay on topic in this thread which is about your Audio Pack 17? Now I'll offer a suggestion (and not criticism!). Since it appears that each of your audio packs are for a specific team, would it be possible to list the team name in the title? Months from now if someone is looking through the audio downloads and they see 30 different audio packs, it will be much easier to tell which one has the team they want if the team name is in the title.

These are your mods, so you can do what you want. I just figured I'd throw this out there.

If you want to criticize his mod (as you clearly are obsessed about it for some reason), then go ahead, preferably as constructive criticism, and not with terms like "absolutely horrible".

More importantly, do it in the right thread! You hijacked your own thread to take a shot at the other mod. Also, what does your lack of a comment have to do with you being oversensitive? If the other guy said something about his mods being better than yours or pointing out perceived flaws, that's one thing. He didn't do that.

How about if we just stay on topic in this thread which is about your Audio Pack 17? Now I'll offer a suggestion (and not criticism!). Since it appears that each of your audio packs are for a specific team, would it be possible to list the team name in the title? Months from now if someone is looking through the audio downloads and they see 30 different audio packs, it will be much easier to tell which one has the team they want if the team name is in the title.

These are your mods, so you can do what you want. I just figured I'd throw this out there.

You want me to comment about his audio in his thread? First of all, I have not mentioned his name here, secondly, I rather not "make his day" by noting all the incorrect names he did, and finally, why are you in here talking about something that does not violate any rules? I replied to jerm with an explanation of what was done and why--period.

As for the teams, I have the Audio by Cavicchi thread in Mod Announcements that lists all my audio with the teams. All one has to do is go there and read the first page. Yes, in hindsight I agree it would have been better to list teams instead of Audio Packs, but Trues made a suggestion to me of Audio Packs and I used that terminology. Now, I don't remember if Trues was aware that I was planning on doing each team separately, most likely he was not, so I take full responsibility. :)

Anyway, too late now to change the terminology.

Joe Benson is on their "A" team. "Umber" was taken from a Hum and that is how the announcer pronounced it. I knew the "H" sound was weak, but I did think it was there. Anyway, I could do him over again...

Interesting that I get a criticism of one name when someone else did 4 names that were all pronounced wrong! Considering that all he did was 4 names, I think that is absolutely horrible. However, since he got 5 stars for pronouncing the names incorrectly, I wasn't concerned about a weak-sounding "H" sound. <_<

You really have a "hard on" for this Toleton follow, don't you? Worry about your own stuff, and stop slamming other people. members here are really growing weary of your constant complaining, and whining. Even if you didn't mention him by name, everyone knows who you are talking about. Your ignorant, and a bit of a *****, and we are growing quite tired of it.

If I wanted to be totally honest about this, I would have commented in his thread regarding all the names that were pronounced wrong; however, I chose not to do that--and that should speak volumes about my being over-sensitive."

Then that is what you should have done. There are proper ways to let someone know you have a problem with their mod. It's called constructive criticism. You did not do this in any way. You could have gone in that thread to let him know there was some problems with the audio but you didn't do that.

Someone in this thread mentions that Philip Humber's name is not pronounced correctly and your first reaction is to get all defensive and you again trashed the other guy's work by calling it "absolutely horrible." That mod had nothing to do with what was brought up but you had to once again put down that work all because someone had to point out a problem with your latest audio pack.

Please from now on stay on topic in here. This thread is about Audio Pack 17? Fine. Keep it about Audio Pack 17 and don't use this any more to trash someone else on here.

I replied to jerm with an explanation of what was done and why--period.

That's only partially true. You did more than just reply with an explanation when you added your second paragraph commenting on the other mod. That comment wasn't necessary to explain why "Humber" sounds like "Umber". If you had never added the extra comment, I never would have posted a reply. In any case, this is my last post on this subject

As for the teams, I have the Audio by Cavicchi thread in Mod Announcements that lists all my audio with the teams. All one has to do is go there and read the first page. Yes, in hindsight I agree it would have been better to list teams instead of Audio Packs, but Trues made a suggestion to me of Audio Packs and I used that terminology. Now, I don't remember if Trues was aware that I was planning on doing each team separately, most likely he was not, so I take full responsibility. :)

Anyway, too late now to change the terminology.

No problem. It was just a suggestion, but since you are already 20 teams into it, doesn't make sense to change things now.

You really have a "hard on" for this Toleton follow, don't you? Worry about your own stuff, and stop slamming other people. members here are really growing weary of your constant complaining, and whining. Even if you didn't mention him by name, everyone knows who you are talking about. Your ignorant, and a bit of a *****, and we are growing quite tired of it.

This is the first time I posted about his audio. I love your language--tells me something.

I first replied to him in his thread saying the names were already in the game--and he was online. I waited hours and he never replied. I then sent a PM to Sean about the names being in the game--and Sean never replied. I then sent Jim a PM and he asked me about it in the SHOUTBOX. When Jim asked me if his work was taken from Total Audio, I downloaded his file and checked it--and I commented that it was not taken from Total Audio and that it was worse, meaning the audio. From there it escalated further because I was questioned about things.

People are tired of my constant complaining about him? My reply to jerm is the first post by me commenting on his work.

Then that is what you should have done. There are proper ways to let someone know you have a problem with their mod. It's called constructive criticism. You did not do this in any way. You could have gone in that thread to let him know there was some problems with the audio but you didn't do that.

Someone in this thread mentions that Philip Humber's name is not pronounced correctly and your first reaction is to get all defensive and you again trashed the other guy's work by calling it "absolutely horrible." That mod had nothing to do with what was brought up but you had to once again put down that work all because someone had to point out a problem with your latest audio pack.

Please from now on stay on topic in here. This thread is about Audio Pack 17? Fine. Keep it about Audio Pack 17 and don't use this any more to trash someone else on here.

Defensive? Have you ever heard me say my audio is perfect? Do you really believe I think I'm perfect? Do you honestly think I was being defensive? I was stating the facts when I replied to jerm--the facts as they are in real life. Yes, I called it absolutely horrible and that is what I think it is. Since I did not mention his name, I saw no harm in saying what I did. Now, I can't believe everyone knows what you think they know or they would not have downloaded his audio around 200 times.

Since I did not mention his name, I saw no harm in saying what I did. Now, I can't believe everyone knows what you think they know or they would not have downloaded his audio around 200 times.

I, for one, had no idea who you were talking about.

Where is Joe Benson in the game? Also, not like it's a big deal but Humber's name is pronounced Umber with a silent H. Thanks.

I just revisited Phillip Humber and there definitely is an "H" sound. I am attaching Phillip Humber's .wav file that was in Audio Pack 17--let me know if this is not what you hear in the game. By the way, in case you didn't know, Phillip has never been done before, at least not to my knowledge.

What I see could be improved is adding more pause between Phillip and Humber, but I don't know if that is desired by others.

I just revisited Phillip Humber and there definitely is an "H" sound. I am attaching Phillip Humber's .wav file that was in Audio Pack 17--let me know if this is not what you hear in the game. By the way, in case you didn't know, Phillip has never been done before, at least not to my knowledge.

What I see could be improved is adding more pause between Phillip and Humber, but I don't know if that is desired by others.

Thanks, but I didnt mean the download sounds like Umber, but in real life it is pronounced "Umber". The download sounded like what most people would think his name would be pronounced like, which is "Humber". I should have been more specific.

Thanks, but I didnt mean the download sounds like Umber, but in real life it is pronounced "Umber". The download sounded like what most people would think his name would be pronounced like, which is "Humber". I should have been more specific.

Oh, I see. Well, it certainly would be easy to make it Umber--if that is how his name is pronounced. However, I would first have to verify that by checking for his audio on the Internet, which I'm sure you do understand. If I don't find his audio on the Internet, then I need more than one person to tell me it is Umber.

I just found his audio on the Internet (video with audio) and you are correct, sounds like Umber. I will update that in a new version of Audio Pack 17, probably later today. I will also add in that slight pause you heard in the second .wav file.

Thanks!

As I see from reading the rest of the thread, you now realize that the person was trying to tell you that the name (spelled "Humber") is pronounced "Umber," and yet your mod had it pronounced as it is spelled (incorrectly).

That miscommunication has been cleared up - and you are likely working to rectify the issue (thus improving your mod) - all good things.

As for the rest of the nonsense that occured in this thread: Cavicchi - you've been putting a lot of time and effort into these audio mods - and that is appreciated. When someone tries to let you know about an issue - you should not take it as an attack or negative criticism - but constructive criticism. Obviously, they like your work, and want to help you make it better. THUS, when someone noticies you have a mispronounced name, they point it out since it's entirely possible you just didn't realize the correct pronunciation. In this instance, that turned out to be the case.

You seemed to think this was an attack on your work. That's unfortunate, as I do NOT believe that is what it was. Either way - that's not the real issue here - the real issue is that after reading that "criticism" - you decided to attack another modder's audio work, and call it "absolutely horrible." Whatever your feelings about another modder's work - I hope you can see how silly it seems to respond to comments about your work with attacks on others'.

Example:

Tom: "Bob. This painting you just made is kind of ugly."

Bob: "Oh yeah? Have you seen John's paitning? It makes me want to throw up! So why don't you go complain about John instead of me!"

That's basically what happened here, and THAT is why some staff members saw fit to intervene here.

It has nothing to do with you as a modder, as a person, or anything like that. It's simply because your response seemed a little out-of-line. Since then the continuing arguing and back-and-forth between everyone has NOT helped - as it rarely does.

I'm not posting this to pile on, or to call you out in any way. I am simply trying to clarify for you what happened here and why an issue was made of it at all.

Once again, I will reiterate that your work and time is appreciated - but it might be nice if you gave the same respect to other modders/members that you hope to recieve back from them.

Thank you.

I did not take jerm's comment as an attack on my work. I honestly do not know why that assumption keeps being repeated. I welcome criticism and would love to know what people here want to see improved in what I do. Simple, very simple. Just because I commented on some other person's work without using his name, I get attacked! If I mentioned his name, then I could see someone saying that isn't right.

There is so far one name out of hundreds I did that was not pronounced correctly. Wow! The other guy does 4 names and they are all pronounced incorrectly! There is a difference there. <_<

What really blows up this whole matter is not me, but the guys who come in here and perpetuate the discussion about him. Who mentioned his name? Not me, but one of the moderators!

Look, I don't mind anyone commenting on my work, good or bad, and that is a fact. I want to know what people here would like to see improved in what I do--as well as correcting any errors I may make. I am not infallible and I am not perfect and I may make a mistake.

As someone else said in this thread, Mr. Gherkins, I believe, he did not know who I was talking about with my comment to jerm. I think you and the other mods are being over-sensitive and over-protective of you know who for some reason.

I did not take jerm's comment as an attack on my work. I honestly do not know why that assumption keeps being repeated.

Your response, which was basically an immedate turn-around attack on another modder's work (as I exemplified in my "painting" scenario above) is why people feel you took it as an attack - because you felt the need to turn around and attack someone else.

Please do not pretend that that isn't an incredibly snarky and obnoxious way to respond to criticism. People just come off as silly when trying to pretend away previous actions.

I welcome criticism and would love to know what people here want to see improved in what I do. Simple, very simple. Just because I commented on some other person's work without using his name, I get attacked! If I mentioned his name, then I could see someone saying that isn't right.

There is so far one name out of hundreds I did that was not pronounced correctly. Wow! The other guy does 4 names and they are all pronounced incorrectly! There is a difference there. <_<

You seem to have missed the point I was trying to make with my little "painting" role play up there.

There was absoulutely no reason for you to bring up someone else's work, reregardless of the level of quality you think it is.

It is true that you did NOT bring his name up in this thread - but you had brought it up elsewhere previously - so let's not pretend you're the most magnanimous person in the world.

I'll try to spell it out more clearly: If you don't appreciate someone else's work - go into their thread, for their download(s), and discuss it there. Try to be constructive, rather than pointless with comments like "absolutely horrible." That doesn't help. If you were to tell a person what you think is a problem, that's constructive.

But your OWN threads, linked to your OWN downloads, is not the place to trash other people's work.

THAT is the point being made.

What really blows up this whole matter is not me, but the guys who come in here and perpetuate the discussion about him. Who mentioned his name? Not me, but one of the moderators!

Your continued inability to separate discussion about your work and your complaints about this other person's work is the issue at hand.

I am trying to be rational and kind to you here - try to help me help you.

I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion - I'd like to just let it all drop. But in order to do that, you're going to have to stop exacerbating things by continuing to talk-trash about other people's work.

As I said above - if you want to critique other people's stuff - go do it in the threads linked to those downloads... not in the shoutbox, and not in your own download threads.

Thank you.

Where did I mention his name somewhere else? Did you read my post above explaining how this got to the Shoutbox? Why didn't Sean reply to my PM? I sent it to him while he was online. Read my post above of how this got to the Shoutbox.

As for what I said to jerm, I did not mention anyone's name and did not see it as an attack on whoever; I was making a comment that is a fact and very interesting. I mean, how does someone get 5 stars for doing it wrong??? Heck, I don't even get one star. :D I must be awfully bad!

So now you are going to say I am not only attacking that guy but also jealous of him. :D :D :D :D

You may think whatever you like, but, Mr. Quiz, I know the real truth.

Here is what I posted above explaining how it got to the Shoutbox:

"I first replied to him in his thread saying the names were already in the game--and he was online. I waited hours and he never replied. I then sent a PM to Sean about the names being in the game--and Sean never replied. I then sent Jim a PM and he asked me about it in the SHOUTBOX. When Jim asked me if his work was taken from Total Audio, I downloaded his file and checked it--and I commented that it was not taken from Total Audio and that it was worse, meaning the audio. From there it escalated further because I was questioned about things."

Archived