MVP Mods Community Rosters Ver. 2.3

Zach

I can't find the faces folder in the main mlb2k9 directory. It said in the read-me it had to be deleted. Any help would be appreciated.

Just move the files that are in the faces folder in the .zip into your root MLB 2k9 folder.

Also, all trades that have been completed are completed in the roster.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The directions said to go into the faces folder you had downloaded and then move those files over to the main mlb 2k9 directory. Overwrite any files you move over and backup original files if you ever want to revert back to them

So all the player_head files go in the main mlb 2k9 folder

The directions said to go into the faces folder you had downloaded and then move those files over to the main mlb 2k9 directory. Overwrite any files you move over and backup original files if you ever want to revert back to them

So all the player_head files go in the main mlb 2k9 folder

Thx for the help.

Just wondering if you release V2.3 tonight or tomorrow will it include all of the free agent correction that I pointed earlier plus all of the days trades, & the couple of prospects that are missing?

Also just wanted to point out I was an Indians fan until today but I noticed Mike Gosling & Jess Todd weren't anywhere in their organization. They got Jess Todd from the Cardinals the other day to complete the DeRosa trade. My fav NL team is DBacks and they suck this year also, lol.

Here is also a breakdown of all of todays trades.

PIT trades Ian Snell & Jack Wilson to SEA for Jeff Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Corin & Nathan Adcock.

SEA trades Wladimir Balentin to CIN for Robert Manuel

NYY Acq. Jason Hirsh from COL for PTBN

NYY release Brett Tomko

CLE trades Cliff Lee & Ben Francisco to PHI for Jason Donald, Carlos Carrasco, Jason Knapp & Lou Marson

PIT trades Freddy Sanchez to SF for Tim Alderson

(On a personal note, I wish everyone could hear the radio hear in Cleveland and how the fans have turned on the Indians, I think we may be the first team to have an empty stadium game, and the are still trying to trade Victor also and rebuild and how Shapiro said oh we will be in a World Series in 2-3 years because we have the base and we are now adding the topping with the rookies we are getting. We now have two catchers Carlos Santana and Lou Marson that are catchers of the future, I hope one of them can play CF because when Grady demands a trade out of here, cause I know that Trevor Crowe, Michael Brantley & Matt LaPorta can't.)

All the free agent things that you pointed out have been fixed and a few prospects have been added. I will do a few more things that have been stated in the thread and then release another version tomorrow.

Oh and to add one more thing off topic, They are making fun of this Cleveland trade so bad they are all saying that PHI gave Cleveland a list of their best prospects and said choose what you want for Lee and we said no, give us a list of your worst and we'll throw in Francisco also. It is really bad here in Cleveland right now after this trade.

Oh and to add one more thing off topic, They are making fun of this Cleveland trade so bad they are all saying that PHI gave Cleveland a list of their best prospects and said choose what you want for Lee and we said no, give us a list of your worst and we'll throw in Francisco also. It is really bad here in Cleveland right now after this trade.

According to Baseball America, the Indians got Philly's #2, 3, 4, and 10th prospects out of their top 10.

Drabek is 5, Happ is 9.

With Carmona falling off the face of the Earth, I think it's fairly obvious that the Tribe is "starting over", and looking to have a talented group of young players "develop together", sort of how they did in the mid-90s, with some quality veterans in the mix.

Some may view this as Toronto missing out because they asked for too much, overplaying their hand.

THe 'downside' is that only 3 of the prospects are in the overall top 100, and all 3 in the "lower 50". But had the prospects been higher rated, they'd likely now be on the Blue Jays and not the Indians.

Carasco = 52

Marson =66

Donald = 69

Without the trade, the Indians would be left with teh team that is currently 17 games under .500, and with minimal potential to "improve over the other teams in their division."

The Tribe's top 10, looks like this ...

1. Carlos Santana, c (26th)

2. Matt LaPorta, of (27th)

3. Nick Weglarz, of (58th)

4. Adam Miller, rhp (82nd)

5. Beau Mills, 1b

6. Lonnie Chisenhall, ss

7. Kelvin de la Cruz, lhp

8. David Huff, lhp

9. Michael Brantley, of/1b

10. Carlos Rivero, ss

So, with the trade, they essentially doubled the number of prospects they have in the Top 100 to now 7 players. You'd like to see some more guys in the Top 50, but if you decide to "rebuild", you're looking for volume.

If you look at Lee's #'s, they are essentially "up" all across the board from his "out of nowhere" performance in 07 as a 29yo. H/9, HR/9, BB/9 are all up, while K/9 are down ... which is likely more indiciative of his current talent/value, given his history.

I can;t believe that Indians were fascinated by the current team, and talk radio is hardly indicative of the knowledgable fans. White Sox fans were all over the air waves for Williams to "break this team up and start over" since 2006, and they've gone on to win the division in 08, and are 2 GB in 09, with a team of "old farts" that the talk radio fans wanted "traded for prospects" year after year. Talk radio fans in StL always seem to want "LaRussa gone" and to "take Dave Duncan with him". Okay.

The value of decent prospects is they perform at or above the value of a 'replacement player' for much less money and for multiple years on their contract. In order for CLE to improve the free agent way, they'd likely have to overpay veteran guys, and I don;t many, if any teams, are looking to do that. The ones tha are willing to trade their prospects for veterans, are the teams that are "right there", and that doesn't describe CLE in any shape or form.

Just move the files that are in the faces folder in the .zip into your root MLB 2k9 folder.

Also, all trades that have been completed are completed in the roster.

I did just that, however the faces don't show up in the game. I'm pretty sure it was the root directory I put them in. Still getting blank faces.

According to Baseball America, the Indians got Philly's #2, 3, 4, and 10th prospects out of their top 10.

Drabek is 5, Happ is 9.

With Carmona falling off the face of the Earth, I think it's fairly obvious that the Tribe is "starting over", and looking to have a talented group of young players "develop together", sort of how they did in the mid-90s, with some quality veterans in the mix.

Some may view this as Toronto missing out because they asked for too much, overplaying their hand.

THe 'downside' is that only 3 of the prospects are in the overall top 100, and all 3 in the "lower 50". But had the prospects been higher rated, they'd likely now be on the Blue Jays and not the Indians.

Carasco = 52

Marson =66

Donald = 69

Without the trade, the Indians would be left with teh team that is currently 17 games under .500, and with minimal potential to "improve over the other teams in their division."

The Tribe's top 10, looks like this ...

1. Carlos Santana, c (26th)

2. Matt LaPorta, of (27th)

3. Nick Weglarz, of (58th)

4. Adam Miller, rhp (82nd)

5. Beau Mills, 1b

6. Lonnie Chisenhall, ss

7. Kelvin de la Cruz, lhp

8. David Huff, lhp

9. Michael Brantley, of/1b

10. Carlos Rivero, ss

So, with the trade, they essentially doubled the number of prospects they have in the Top 100 to now 7 players. You'd like to see some more guys in the Top 50, but if you decide to "rebuild", you're looking for volume.

If you look at Lee's #'s, they are essentially "up" all across the board from his "out of nowhere" performance in 07 as a 29yo. H/9, HR/9, BB/9 are all up, while K/9 are down ... which is likely more indiciative of his current talent/value, given his history.

I can;t believe that Indians were fascinated by the current team, and talk radio is hardly indicative of the knowledgable fans. White Sox fans were all over the air waves for Williams to "break this team up and start over" since 2006, and they've gone on to win the division in 08, and are 2 GB in 09, with a team of "old farts" that the talk radio fans wanted "traded for prospects" year after year. Talk radio fans in StL always seem to want "LaRussa gone" and to "take Dave Duncan with him". Okay.

The value of decent prospects is they perform at or above the value of a 'replacement player' for much less money and for multiple years on their contract. In order for CLE to improve the free agent way, they'd likely have to overpay veteran guys, and I don;t many, if any teams, are looking to do that. The ones tha are willing to trade their prospects for veterans, are the teams that are "right there", and that doesn't describe CLE in any shape or form.

Those were beginning of the season ratings but according to BA's midseason ratings they have all dropped and Drabek, Haap and Brown are 1-3. That's why they are so mad here in Cleveland over the deal, plus Shapiro is covering up for ownership saying he felt it was best for the team.

New version will probably be out on Saturday. I work all day tomorrow, so I will be hard-pressed to be able to update all the trades, etc. But the new version will include lots of new roster moves, players, cyberfaces, equipment updates, body size updates, and eye color updates.

New version will probably be out on Saturday. I work all day tomorrow, so I will be hard-pressed to be able to update all the trades, etc. But the new version will include lots of new roster moves, players, cyberfaces, equipment updates, body size updates, and eye color updates.

Sounds great, amazing so far...

but u still have the wrong Ramon Ramirez on Red Sox roster, the one that is on the Cincinnati Reds AAA (Rockies cap, darker skin) is the one from Boston, the one with the Reds cap currently on Boston MLB roster is the Cincinnati Reds AAA pitcher! ;-)

And i wonder how u changed some pitchers control ratings, i saw Daniel Bard now have 70, before that he was only 50! How is it possible to change control ratings? If yes, how? Is there a way to edit the speed also? (Bard has cracked the 100mph 4 seam fastball in reality, Beckett up to 98mph and Lester and Masterson also up to 97mph) Well Boston's Ramon Ramirez has only just 55 control rating, should need a raise also like Bard got, also Ricky Romero (Blue Jays) or Tommy Hanson (Braves) could need a control rating boost if it's able to edit! I will check some more players later...

And i wonder how u changed some pitchers control ratings, i saw Daniel Bard now have 70, before that he was only 50! How is it possible to change control ratings? If yes, how? Is there a way to edit the speed also? (Bard has cracked the 100mph 4 seam fastball in reality, Beckett up to 98mph and Lester and Masterson also up to 97mph) Well Boston's Ramon Ramirez has only just 55 control rating, should need a raise also like Bard got, also Ricky Romero (Blue Jays) or Tommy Hanson (Braves) could need a control rating boost if it's able to edit! I will check some more players later...

Good question man, i'd also like to know how to improve a player's overall rating through MLB2k9 Manager. Thanks in advance!

Sounds great, amazing so far...

but u still have the wrong Ramon Ramirez on Red Sox roster, the one that is on the Cincinnati Reds AAA (Rockies cap, darker skin) is the one from Boston, the one with the Reds cap currently on Boston MLB roster is the Cincinnati Reds AAA pitcher! ;-)

I fixed the Ramirez's a few days ago, just not in the version that is currently released. I will fix some of the control and speeds of pitchers then as well (you just do this through TyWiggins Roster Editor).

The Twins roster isnt that accurate, your missing a few rookies and backups.

starting rotation

F. Liriano

N. Blackburn

S. Baker

G. Perkins

A. Swarzak

bullpen

J. Nathan (Closer)

M. Guerrier

J. Mijares

R. Dickey

B. Duensing

J. Crain

B. Keppel

Orlando Cabrera has been acquired by the twins.

Ayala is a free agent

key players at the minors who arent there that played or signed with the twins

Jose Morales

Mark Grudzielanek

on the DL

neshek

slowey

boof bonser

All of todays trades so far. It's 4 PM now here on the east coast.

BOS trades Adam LaRoche to ATL for Casey Kotchman

WAS trades Joe Beimel to COL for 2 Minor Leaguers to Be Named

CIN trades Jerry Hairston to NYY for Cash

CLE trades Vicor Martinez to BOS for Justin Masterson, Nick Hagadone, & Bryan Price

PIT trades Sean Smith to TOR

OAK trades Orlando Cabrera to MIN for Tyler Ladendorf

MIL trades Vinny Rottino to LAD for Claudio Vargas

SEA trades Jarrod Washburn to DET for Luke French & Mauricio Robles

TOR trades Scott Rolen to CIN for Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Roenicke & Zach Stewart

WAS trades Nick Johnson to FLA for Aaron Thompson

HOU releases Russ Ortiz

SDP trade Jake Peavy to CWS for Aaron Poreda, Clayton Richard, Dexter Carter & Adam Russell

Could be more deals as they keep pileing in.

Also to note on the above post, Luis Ayala is with the Marlins.

Archived