Who Do You Think Makes The List?

BigPaPa

Who Done It?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the players do you think used Steroids?

• Derek Jeter
    • Tino Martinez
    • Paul Oneil
    • Bernie Williams
    • Albert Pujols
    • Chuck Knoublach
    • Darryl Strawberry
    • Jason Varitek
    • Johnny Damon
    • Mo Vaughn
    • Cal Ripken Jr.
    • Alfonso Soriano
    • Garret Anderson
    • Vlad
    • Mike Piazza
    • Carlso Delgado
    • Nomar
    • Ken Griffy Jr.
    • Magglio Ordonez
    • Frank Thomas

if the theory of a great year for a player is a reason to think he took Steroids, Is Brady Anderson a suspect in the 96 season when he hit 50 Homers?

That one's so obvious they don;t even need to waste a testing kit on it. Brady Anderson went from "little fast guy" to being on the cover of Muscle and Fitness and hitting 50 HRs as a lead-off man, right in the MIDDLE of the steroid era.

I think 'suspect' it too light of a word.

That one's so obvious they don;t even need to waste a testing kit on it. Brady Anderson went from "little fast guy" to being on the cover of Muscle and Fitness and hitting 50 HRs as a lead-off man, right in the MIDDLE of the steroid era.

I think 'suspect' it too light of a word.

I was thininkg the same thing, suspect is defintely too light. As far as the other guys on that list up top, Vaughn is the only name that really jumps out. If I'm not mistaken he was one of the guys that was mentioned as possibly being on the mitchell report. Correct me if I'm wrong. I hate that Griffey and Cal jr are even on there. If it comes out that either one was juicing then my childhood was a fraud lol. They were the two of main reasons I wanted play baseball growing up.

i think Todd Helton, Chipper Jones, jim Thome should be in this list and also should be Bartolo Colon ,Pedro Martinez,Eric Chavez,this is what i think.

I mostly agree, with the exception of chipper . As for Pedro/Colon i couldn't agree more i just decided to leave pitchers off because its hard to speculate on them, at least i think so.

Also, Wrigley, Steroids allows the repair of muscle and ligaments at a superhuman rate. If i got to the gym today and work my upper body it might take 3 days for those muscles to repair themselves from the workout, and until they have done so i cant work them out again. On steroids i could work those muscles out again much quicker, allowing me to essentially do a weeks workout in 2 or 3 days. or 2 weeks workout in 1 week.

The same goes for injury, that daily wear and tear on your muscles and ligaments heals at a superhuman rate allowing you to remain fresh deep into the season and feel better on a daily basis then someone not using.

Again this is useful during a major injury, since your ligaments can repair quicker then a normal persons, procedures such as Tommy John surgery or a Torn ACL heal in Superhuman time.

No protein shake can do any of that.

I question that. I think EVERYBODY wants him to be clean (Yes, I hate the Yankees, and Yes I hate Jeter, and think he is over rated in some areas of the game, but I think he played the game the right way, and hope he is clean).... But, I would not be the least bit surprised to see him on the list of 104.

By the way, he is not my pick. I am going with either Piazza, or Magglio.

I hope Jeter is clean to and i believe hes clean. His Numbers over the Years are pretty even and Steady not like hes had a breakout season out of nowhere where hes cracked 40 homers.

Carlos Quentin debut in majors was in 2006 and Pena in 2003 was nobody, that has no sense.

I'm not sure I follow that.

Are you suggesting that no one after say 2001 used steroids? Or that everyone was tested?

[1] Guys still use PEDs, [2] They can still use them in the minors also.

That's not to imply that CQ or CP did use steroids, only saying that the years of their debut doesn't prevent it, nor does the implementation of drug testing.

• 3 months later...

Those are 2 pretty huge 'links'.

This is a pretty old discussion, and I kinda lost it along the way, but better late than never...

They may be "huge" links, but they are speculation none the less. Give me real proof.

Go back and look at old video. Sosa didn't blow up, size wise, til the 99 season. I remember making the comment to my father while watching a game in spring training that year, about how big he looked compared to before, and jokingly wondering if it were roids taken in an effort to make another run at the record. All I am saying is, he wasn't that big in 98, but he was probably still using... So size isn't 100%

I think seeing Jeter, Tino, Paulie and Bernie on this list is sickening. Same applies to Ripken and Griffey. I wouldn't think Damon did it, I'd like to think he had better power in the 2 spot and solely because of it. I wouldn't really be too surprised by anyone else (crossing my fingers that Pujols is clean). I guess Vlad too cause if he had something to take he wouldn't be DHing. I always thought Nomar was a big possibility when all the injuries started, and it's also ironic Jeter remains as the last man standing from the trinity of SS's (Jete, A-Rod and Nomar) when he was always labeled as the worst.

Archived