MVP 2005 Soundtrack

LetsGoOakland

Which soundtrack did you enjoy most from the 2004 EA Sports titles?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Madden 2005 (rap, rock, punk)
    • MVP Baseball 2004 (underground punk)
    • NCAA College Football 2005 (college fight songs)
    • Other (Tiger Woods, NASCAR, etc.)

Any word on some of the songs/artists to appear on this one? I personally didn't like any of the music played in 2004. Rap music does not really fit into the baseball genre like it does with football, and I always love the Madden soundtracks, but even Madden has some good rock songs. Rock would fit best for baseball. I would love to see some of the songs major sports news media use for baseball's "remembering 2004" videos. Songs like:

Finger Eleven - "One Thing" (good sports song, read the lyrics)

Alter Bridge - "Open Your Eyes" (love that song, perfect for any sport)

Any songs you think would fit into a baseball video game sound track?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how come those songs that are listed on the soundtrack for 04, like 6 of em are only in there while ur playing a game as walk up music but only like half are in the game game.

Because they have like only 5 walkup music genres that you can pick, for instance when you Create-A-Player one if the option is for your batting music, and there's only like 5 or 6 choices to pick. Hope that answers your question.

Whatever they do, they gotta get rid of the walkup ditties in the classic stadiums. I always thought a cool (read funny) idea would be to have solo organ versions of the same songs playing as the players walked up to bat!

honestly, i don't care at all what the music is as long as it's not rap. underground music is a good idea though.

I don't like undergound music. I say stick to mainstream rock like Finger Eleven - "One Thing" and Alter Bridge - "Open Your Eyes."

"Boys of Summer" by the Ataris is a really good one too. Here are a few more I think would be good:

Chad Kroeger with Josey Scott - "Hero"

Creed - "My Sacrifice" (the same guys from Alter Bridge, just without the annoying Scott Stapp)

Foo Fighters - "My Hero" (awesome sports song from "Varsity Blues")

Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"

Offspring - "Come Out and Play"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Tonight, Tonight" (from the 2000 postseason Fox commercials)

Smashmouth - "All-Star"

The Wallflowers - "Heroes"

U2 - "The Sweetest Thing" (would be cool for when you win the World Series, plus they are an awesome band)

Further Seems Forever - "Light Up Ahead"

New Found Glory - "Head On Collision"

The Strokes - "12:51"

Yellowcard - "Way Away"

Archived