No More Mlb2k9 Updates?

LouisvilleLipp

according to gamestop (I was in there the other day), there will be no MLB 2K10, NBA 2K10 is suppose to be the final PC sports game, also 2K hasn't said anything about 2k10 for the PC yet but already confirmed PS3 and 360, which is going to be the basics for all games now...

Well at least I can officially stick with MVP now if it's true.

Nooooooo! :mad: I gotta see some kinda source for this.

Hopefully this news is true.  Maybe then the MLB license will fall into the hands of a company (SONY, SONY, SONY) that will take their product seriously and put out a solid, next gen baseball game for the PC.

We are WAY overdue.

Someone once posited that Sony would not port its baseball game to PC because of all the money they might lose in piracy. That is unfortunate, but it seems that actually paying for PC games is now taboo.

I admit, I am not at all optimistic for 2k10. I've played a lot of 2k7-2k9, and I chalk it up to pretty much "wasted time". If the 360 doesn't FRAG, then the game will somehow find a way to get messed up, either through subpar gameplay or corrupt files.

Someone once posited that Sony would not port its baseball game to PC because of all the money they might lose in piracy. That is unfortunate, but it seems that actually paying for PC games is now taboo.

I admit, I am not at all optimistic for 2k10.

Sadly, me either.  

How cool would it be for Trip Hawkins and 3DO to come out of nowhere with a next gen High Heat '10?  Unfortunately, this is more likely to happen than 2K to produce a legit baseball title.

NBA 2K10 is suppose to be the final PC sports game

that's sad if it's true but i hope it's not..especially for me, i don't have any next gen consoles,,. i love playing that series(NBA2k) i was playing it from 2k1 up to now (2k9) and definitely will be playing 2k10.. just when they added features exclusive for xbox and ps3 in 2k9 to the PC game in 2k10 like living rosters and online play... i just hope they continue to produce NBA2k series for PC..

there will be no MLB 2K10 for PC..

i hope it's also not true.. yea mlb2k9 is not that good, but I'm not still giving up on it and is trying to find ways to improve it's gameplay (sliders), but for 2k10 the "new" developers will have a full-year on the project so maybe they can turn it to a playable game...

Hopefully this news is true.  Maybe then the MLB license will fall into the hands of a company (SONY, SONY, SONY) that will take their product seriously and put out a solid, next gen baseball game for the PC.

We are WAY overdue.

so true! if 2k sports will not release/make MLB2k10 for PC then it gives us,PC gamers, hope that someone else will make,in the next few years, a good next gen baseball game for PC... if sony can't then i will be rooting for EA sports again... i know they can make an excellent game like MVP baseball that has next gen graphics..

btw when does PC exclusivity end for MLB license?

this was my first 2k baseball game, but good riddance if they aren't coming back to PC. it was a slap in the face just shortly after they released the game and had all our money, they were already asking people what they want to see in 2k10. as if they can just leave the current game in the toilet and abandon it. yes, they did give us one patch, but the game still has issues. i could care less if they won't come back to PC, especially if this MLB exclusivity ends, which was stupid to begin with. this is what happens when there is no competition. crappy game making and devs content with producing crappy games.

If 2k sports doesn't develop a ML baseball game next year for the PC, I sure hope some company does.

Very convenient to be on the PC and take a baseball game break once in a while.....Guess I better not delete 2k9 nor MVP05 until further notice.

I am one of the few that has had very few problems with 2k9....Very enjoyable game, IMO.

It's a shame how no-one has come out with a baseball game for PC without an MLB license. I'm sure someone would be able to do the same as the modders have done with MVP and MLB 2K9 and figure out a way to make it transform from a non-MLB licensed but good baseball game to a game with updated rosters and stadiums etc.

Another negative of exclusivity - it doesn't just limit one entity to producing the material, it limits the whole genre. Certain people could learn a few lessons from that.

If 2k sports doesn't develop a ML baseball game next year for the PC, I sure hope some company does.

Very convenient to be on the PC and take a baseball game break once in a while.....Guess I better not delete 2k9 nor MVP05 until further notice.

I am one of the few that has had very few problems with 2k9....Very enjoyable game, IMO.

Man idk how some people don't have issues with this game. I tried to give it a shot on my new widescreen, and it was scary! The lack of bat to ball contact was SOO obvious and of course the other things.

I see why people say that they aren't optimistic to 2K10 if it is on PC. These guys screenshots and mods of 2K9 pushed me to spend the $20. :wacko:

It's a shame how no-one has come out with a baseball game for PC without an MLB license. I'm sure someone would be able to do the same as the modders have done with MVP and MLB 2K9 and figure out a way to make it transform from a non-MLB licensed but good baseball game to a game with updated rosters and stadiums etc.

Another negative of exclusivity - it doesn't just limit one entity to producing the material, it limits the whole genre. Certain people could learn a few lessons from that.

not sure about that because doesn't backyard baseball for kids use MLB players? maybe it's a different license for the kiddy games

i guess the keyword is "once in a while" because if you play the game for a long time, you will see the glaring issues. have you started a franchise yet?

i guess the keyword is "once in a while" because if you play the game for a long time, you will see the glaring issues. have you started a franchise yet?

Yep, have been playing in franchise mode from the start. Now in the first week of August playing as the Cubs.

Have had minor glitches but certainly nothing to get upset about....I recall having some problems when I first started playing MVP.

About the only thing I don't like playing in franchise is it is very difficult to make changes in other teams to match real life rosters. Have to do a lot of sending players to Free Agency and then re-assigning to their new team. But as far as playability goes, I have had very few problems.

One of the few that will disappointed if there is no PC version for 2010.

Count me in the camp of those enjoying 2K9 PC... I'm in the 3rd season of my franchise, have it tuned perfectly for the way I play, and have managed to ignore the few issues I encounter (much like I did during 4 years and 23 franchise seasons of playing MVP 05).

I loved MVP, and as I said I played the hell out of it. But, now I wonder if I can switch back if there is truly no future for the 2K title on PC.

same with me the only issues ive had were the outfielders jumping away from the ball when it came to them and the game crashing between 6-8th innings when id bring in a reliever.As far as game play after sliders adjustments i can play with ease.If im getting games where im hitting too many hrs ill adjust it or make adjustments if im not hitting well enough this makes it more like a cold streak hot streak depending on how i feel i want the game to go.

Archived