Modding 3d Crowd

Trilinear

corwddat.gif

I'm still debating whether or not to add the 3dcrowd just because they are so horrid. The non editable UV map is stopping me at the moment. I've tested it out adding extra rows in game. Used a combination openoffice calc, oedit and zmod1/2. You could use Excel instead of calc.

Editing Crowd.dat

1. rename crowd.dat to crowd.csv> open in spreadsheet program,calc.> save

This makes it easier to edit and calc cleans up the file a bit. You can go ahead add more crowd lines here and just remember to change the "fans in first part" number.

Getting coordinates to add into crowd.dat

2. I realize that my first part has 39 fans in it. I find a part in the mstadium file that I can use to use as a guide. I can always reimport that part from a previous file.

3. I going to use use "part 3" for first part. Delete part 3. In the "primitives" dropdown menu add a polygon, it's looks like a side of a red house.

4. rename new part to "part 3"

5. Goto Vertex mode. Use create... polygon... single.... . I have 39 vertices to make. I create 13 triangles. Delete that original house polygon.

repeat steps 2-5 for all parts you want to edit in Zmod. I have a total of twelve parts. Just remember to keep each part separate in step 3. just find extra parts you can edit for now. I chose parts from the parking lot because they can easily be reimported later.

6 Go ahead export this file back into o format using Zmod1 and oiftool

7. Open up Mstadium.o and export rhino points for all our separate parts you created earlier.

8. Rename all rhino points to .csv files, open in Calc or other spreadsheet program.

9. Replace the rhino points with the coordinates from Crowd.csv

you may have extra rhino points with no location.

10 Import new rhino points using Oedit. > using Oiftool convert back into Oif.

11. Edit in Zmod 2. Add more triangle polygons or copy ones already created. Just keep track of the total number of fans and add that to the crowd.dat

12. Import back into Oedit. Export new rhino points. Copy some new lines in calc and just import the new rhino points under xyz.

Sorry about that, wrigley. That was back when I was getting ahead of myself and was doing who knows what in Zmod and then I quit for a while. I've been practicing and practicing over and over, rewatching rolie's vids over and over and now I'm working on New Yankee Stadium. I've put a lot of time modeling objects for it over and over in Zmod, but it wasn't until recently I've started to learn how to effectively do it. I just want it to look nice and clean with simple things like 3D stairways.

It's nice to see this game still has some life left in it. Honestly, i think the loss of stadium modders hurt it more than the loss of an 09 mod. The 09 mod is easy (well, not easy to do the work, but easy to update everything to 09 once the work is done), because all you really need is updated rosters, and unis, really... Other games have that... It's the stadium mods that sets this game apart from all others.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, rolie I'm running into a big problem with Oiftool. When I try to import into the removable file, it reads the .o file is not supported. Mstadium.o files work fine, however. I'm pretty stuck on this.

A stock removable from am unmodded stadium won't work, because it's an empty file. You can try copying an mstadium that has been zeroed out (use oiftool 2007 to remove all, so you have a file with parts intact but no actual vertices) and try an oif import.

Running into another issue. I was testing out a fole pole via rolie's vids. To help with time, I skipped the netting 'cause I just wanted to see if it worked. Well, I'm not sure exactly what happened. Still working on parts in the background while I try to figure out what's wrong.

post-50956-125685020017_thumb.gif

Basically, it's just what is in the shot... garbage. I messed up the mapping somewhere, but that doesn't explain why the pole starts to disintegrate closer to it's top. If you zoom in on it, the bottom half of the pole has it's polygon structure then eventually it just freaks out near the middle.

Archived