Yankee Stadium 2009 Wip

Trilinear

I will be editing this first post for updates. Here are most of the updated ads, organized in the stcs for preview purposes. Tried to give them that scoreboard type texture. Bud Light and NYSE ads are close enough to the real things for that image size.

preview.png

championships.png

numbers.png

PREVIEW1.jpg

Comments welcome.

Comments welcome.

Comments???

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Does that count? :D

I guess I do have one question... Is this a 2009 update to an old Yankee stadium, or a conversion of old Yankee stadium,into new Yankee stadium.

I attempted to convert old Yankee stadium to new Yankee (it was going to be half assed, as I am not real good with 3D modeling), but it didn't work out to well. All I was going to do was try and take the outfield area (the part you see most), and try to make it look more like New Yankee. The configuration isn't quite right, but it is not that much different than old Yankee overall. I had pretty much updated the billboards/scoreboard/jumbotron part (still had a few tweaks to go), and was trying to get the batters eye restaurant (or whatever it is) in center field added in.

Most of the work I had left I would have had to do in O edit, or... Ahh, my brain fails me... Being a night shifter at the moment, I just got up, and am not awake yet... Whatever the name of the other 3D modeling software Pirate was teaching me last spring... Unfortunately, he was busy with life sorta stuff (baby on the way, etc), and we didn't get quite as far as I needed in the lessons.

Anyway, I ditched it, and moved on to other things (the Cubs season made me want to get away from baseball for the most part)...

Either way, I am looking forward to what you have coming.

Sorry to semi-hijack your thread.

Outside of the OUTfeild fense the old yankee stadium has almost nothing in common with the new one making a pure conversion difficult. I worked on it until 2k9 came out and then i lost the work anyway because of a computer crash, i found the most similar stadium in terms of structure was actually the white sox stadium.

This is a straight up conversion, not an ad swap. The most important thing is wall dimensions. Despite the fact the walls display the same dimensions as the previous Yankee Stadium, New Yankee Stadium is actually slightly smaller, which of course help lead the park in HRs.

championships.png

numbers.png

Credit to whoever on Yankee's wiki page for the original numbers. The font for the series titles are not exact but close enough (if someone else knows of a better font, let me know).

I've added most of these ads in-game which is the easy part. Still have major work on seating construction.

Question for any of the stadium guys out there. Can you move the jumbotron screen? I need that to scale that larger and move it around but it doesn't seem like it exists either in Zmod or Oedit. I keep moving the "placeholder" team logo type image.

Question for any of the stadium guys out there. Can you move the jumbotron screen? I need that to scale that larger and move it around but it doesn't seem like it exists either in Zmod or Oedit. I keep moving the "placeholder" team logo type image.

Yep, you can move it by modifying the jumbo.o file (made up of jumbo.ord and jumbo.orl) in the same way that mstadium.o is edited. I've never completed a move myself, but it's definitely possible. It should just be a case of matching up the location with what else is in the stadium - and mstadium.o.

I will be editing this first post for updates. Here are most of the updated ads, organized in the stcs for preview purposes. Tried to give them that scoreboard type texture. Bud Light and NYSE ads are close enough to the real things for that image size.

preview.png

championships.png

numbers.png

Comments welcome.

O looks like you are going to have to put 27 world championships.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived