sal

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Total Classics 1927

File Submitter: sal

File Submitted: 04 Dec 2009

File Updated: 04 Jan 2010

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 2.0

With an all-star lineup known as "Murderer's Row", the New York Yankees outscored their opponents by nearly four-hundred runs and hit .307 as a team. Babe Ruth set the original single season mark with sixty home runs which was more than any other American League team had combined. Outfield counterparts, Earle Combs in center and Bob Meusel in left, hit .356 and .337 respectively. Lou Gehrig had his first big season, batting .373 with forty-seven home runs and a league leading one-hundred seventy-five runs batted in. Second year man Tony Lazzeri ranked third in the American League with eighteen home runs.

The Yankees' grand finale for the 1927 season, the World Series, was the quickest ever played and lasted only seventy-four hours and fifteen minutes. They became the first American League team to sweep a World Series, and it was only the second four game sweep in World Series history. The Yankees trailed a total of only two innings during the entire series out scoring the Pirates 23-10. Pittsburgh, only once, managed to score more than one run in an inning (during Game 4).

-------------------------------------------

The Total Classics 1927 mod brings you the sights and sounds of the 1927 baseball season. Besides rosters, portraits, uniforms and audios, the mod provides themed menu and loading screens, stadium select screens with actual stadium photos, 1920's/1930's jukebox and batter walkup music and correct 1920's era stadiums for every team.

-------------------------------------------

*** VERSION HISTORY ***

v2.0

Updates by Jim825:

1. Tweaked roster attributes (speed, contact, power)

2. Added accurate 1927 schedule

3. Added historical uniforms for all teams

4. Added audio (team names, stadium names, player names)

5. Added 1920's / 1930's Jukebox Music

6. Added 1920's / 1930's Walkup Music

7. Added new and updated stadiums (Fenway Park, League Park, Shibe Park, Braves Field)

8. Added new classic overlay

9. Added cyberfaces

v1.0

Initial release by Sal

Click here to download this file

Thanks sal,

Hey can you recommend the best uniforms, music etc.

from other mods, like walk through or '46, to replace

these unchanged items in this mod?

Which files need to be copied?

To where?

Hope this isn't an "out of bounds" question.

Not being a modder myself I am not sure which files

need to be transferred to make 27 look and sound like

27 as much as possible.

Thanks again for your hard work I am looking forward to playing

this one.

DC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks sal,

Hey can you recommend the best uniforms, music etc.

from other mods, like walk through or '46, to replace

these unchanged items in this mod?

Which files need to be copied?

To where?

Hope this isn't an "out of bounds" question.

Not being a modder myself I am not sure which files

need to be transferred to make 27 look and sound like

27 as much as possible.

Thanks again for your hard work I am looking forward to playing

this one.

DC

Thats ok. After seeing that Lou Gehrig has a speed rating of 100 I probably won't

be using the roster anyway.

Thanks though.

Thats ok. After seeing that Lou Gehrig has a speed rating of 100 I probably won't

be using the roster anyway.

Thanks though.

If you read Yankee4Life's Total Conversion thread, you will see that I am in the process of adding all the missing pieces to complete this mod. This includes audio (stadium, team, player), jukebox music, walkup music, uniforms, faces, etc. If I have time, I will look at the player attributes as well to make the rosters even more realistic.

I don't have a completion date yet, but I am making very good progress.

• 3 weeks later...

The all new and improved Total Classics 1927 is now available. Here is the list of additions / corrections:

1. Tweaked roster attributes (speed, contact, power)

2. Added accurate 1927 schedule

3. Added historical uniforms for all teams

4. Added audio (team names, stadium names, player names)

5. Added 1920's / 1930's Jukebox Music

6. Added 1920's / 1930's Walkup Music

7. Added new and updated stadiums (Fenway Park, League Park, Shibe Park, Braves Field)

8. Added new classic overlay

9. Added cyberfaces

Enjoy!

I love the parks included in this, such as League Park, Baker Bowl and Braves field. Any chance that these might become downlaodable for other seasons?

You don't even need to wait for that to happen. Just copy them from this mod and put them in any other season you wish to. Back up your files first, of course.

You don't even need to wait for that to happen. Just copy them from this mod and put them in any other season you wish to. Back up your files first, of course.

What he said.

baker bowl is citiday.big and citinite.big, league park is jacoday.big and jaconite.big, braves field is turnday.big and turnnite.big.

By far the coolest ive played so far Awesome job! just had one problem when i play at Baker Bowl it exits to my desktop dont know why!

Great job though!

What teams are you using when you try to play at Baker Bowl and who are the starting pitchers? How far does the game get before it crashes? Does it completely load (i.e. you can actually see the Baker Bowl and the players running onto the field) or does it crash before then?

Finally, what are your system specs (CPU, video card, RAM, etc.)?

What teams are you using when you try to play at Baker Bowl and who are the starting pitchers? How far does the game get before it crashes? Does it completely load (i.e. you can actually see the Baker Bowl and the players running onto the field) or does it crash before then?

Finally, what are your system specs (CPU, video card, RAM, etc.)?

i was playing the phillies and the reds starting pitcher was jack scott but it crashed before then,

i have a dell inspiron 1521 ,2 gb ram,amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor tk-55 1800 mhz,Vista

I'm inclined to suspect a software issue, as I'm using a similar configuration on an Inspiron 1721, only difference being a TL-56 instead of a 55 and an early-ish build of Windows 7, and MVP works fine. Not downloaded the '27 mod yet, but I doubt it'll cause any issues.

i was playing the phillies and the reds starting pitcher was jack scott but it crashed before then,

i have a dell inspiron 1521 ,2 gb ram,amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor tk-55 1800 mhz,Vista

I tried out the same two teams with Jack Scott starting and had no problems. My system is a 5 year-old Dell Dimension 4600 runing Windows XP with a 3.06 GHz Pentium 4 CPU, 2.50 Gb RAM and an Nvidia 7600 GS video card.

Archived