andy82

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Total Classics '98

File Submitter: andy82

File Submitted: 30 Dec 2009

File Updated: 01 Jan 2010

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 1.0

In a year where America was gripped by the race for Roger Maris' Single Season Homerun Record and the Yankees persuit of greatness, MVP Baseball users finally have the chance to change and relive history!

So many people need to be thanked for this project that I can't fit it here, but they are credited in the Readme and the License/CTS screen! Although I have been granted the permission of Project leaders that I've used work from, if there is anything included that you wish not to be used in the mod, please contact me so I can remove it.

Also, if there are any issues found in the mod, please post so I can address these issues!

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I hated making it!

Click here to download this file

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on getting this mod released. :good: I know how long these things take to create, so sit back, take a well deserved rest, and spend some time actually playing some 1998 games. I'm looking forward to checking this mod out.

Have you decided which year you'll be modding next? :)

Congratulations on getting this mod released. :good: I know how long these things take to create, so sit back, take a well deserved rest, and spend some time actually playing some 1998 games. I'm looking forward to checking this mod out.

Have you decided which year you'll be modding next? :)

Next Mod? Gosh I don't wanna think about that! Well I'm going into Brett Favre retirement for at least the rest of the college year, but after that, who knows?

Ok im loving it

Just played a very quick yanks-sox game at Fenway. Lost 1-0 in a pitchers duel between Pettitte and Pedro. Everything I saw looked great, the faces, the overlay etc. Nice choice of music in there too, makes me feel young again! :lol:

The only thing I didnt like was the intro video... :rofl:

Incredible man. This mod is absolutely incredible.

I just played a game between Toronto and Montreal. Clemens vs. Hermanson, with Toronto winning it in the bottom of the eighth. The game was tied 4-4, Delgado on first, and Shawn Green homers to center. Randy Myers pitched a 1-2-3, (three linedrives to 2B Tony Ferndandez) ninth.

The only things I noticed was that Toronto shortstop Alex S. Gonzalez had Florida's Alex Gonzalez's portrait; and Montreal's shortname is still WAS. (For Washington). Other than that, Andy, it's perfect. You did an amazing job. This will definitely be hard to put down.

biggrin.gif

Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you.

And also, although it's corny, thank-you for the thank-you in the credits.

Andy - I've only played around with the mod a little bit, but so far, it looks very nice. I especially like the installer -- Very simple to use. I'm going to check out Smart Install Maker to see if it something I might want to start using to install my mods. Also, thanks for the kind words in the readme file. Creating these mods really is a labor of love for me, so I'll continue to create them as long as I can.

Next Mod? Gosh I don't wanna think about that! Well I'm going into Brett Favre retirement for at least the rest of the college year, but after that, who knows?

Now that you've created one single season mod, it is in your blood. Right now, you don't want to think about creating another mod, but believe me, after 6 or 7 months, you'll get the itch again and will start working on another one. Also, you'll find that your second (and third and fourth!) single season mods are much easier to create than your first one. You've already gone through the growing pains and know what you are doing and what is involved in creating a mod of this scale.

Also, if you create another mod from a similar timeframe, you will find that you can re-use a lot of what you have already done. For example, after creating TC1956, a lot of what I needed for TC1951 and TC1946 was already done and it was just a matter of grabbing the appropriate files and tweaking them a bit.

Hey andy, first time posting but am a longtime reader and downloader at this site. Just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic mod and thank you on behalf of all of us that remember the 1998 season. Were you gonna be continuing to update this mod (such as adding minor leaguers in AA and A) or were you just gonna let it stand? Once again, great job.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it :). If I'm going to do another mod, I probably look towards doing 2001, as that was another special season for various reasons. But as I said earlier, I will be on Brett Favre retirement :p

Hey andy, first time posting but am a longtime reader and downloader at this site. Just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic mod and thank you on behalf of all of us that remember the 1998 season. Were you gonna be continuing to update this mod (such as adding minor leaguers in AA and A) or were you just gonna let it stand? Once again, great job.

I'll continue to patch issues with the mod for errors and I won't rule out adding cyberfaces into it (Had a lot of fun making the Ray Lanford cyberface even if it doesn't have a patch on Homer's ;)), but I don't think I will divulge myself into creating the minor teams. Never say never though ;)

The only things I noticed was that Toronto shortstop Alex S. Gonzalez had Florida's Alex Gonzalez's portrait; and Montreal's shortname is still WAS. (For Washington).

i also noticed that bobby higginson and todd jones (both detroit) had the same picture, and that you named Comiskey Park 2, wrigley field 2 in the stadium selction screen

other then that though this mod is great, i love playing it, thanks alot

Thanks for identifying these issues. I'll give it a few days to build up a list of issues then I'll try and fix them and release a patch pronto.

I'll play around and try to see if there are any stadium usage issues. I know that Oakland Coliseum uses the pre-1996 version, as opposed to the Mt. Davis era which was around in '98. To be honest, the '80s version is so much better I wouldn't mind you keeping it.

Archived