No FAKES 2k9 roster

DonSPa

ok on my roster file i changed borbon.This is defently an area i would need help from others on whose color is wrong in the game because it was too much of a big task to check out every individual.Im not sure yet if im gonna do an update since here in about a month all the actual rosters will soon be changed again for spring training.Ill look after that time to see if it would be worth the time to update

Don or anyone esle I am finally close to finishing a season with Tony's roster, If I load this roster at the end of my season and start my second one with this roster will stats carry over? or start all over again.

Great Job, waited a long time for this, knowing how good your work is I'm sure this will be just as good as they all have been.Thank you

logatto i dont think the stats would carry over since they are 2 different roster files DJ cant really help ya on that,i used

the roster editor and replaced names,there are a few names that i had to add in using the editor but dont know if i used up the limit or not

i just checked trying to create a player also and mine crashed as well,so im not sure what normally happens when created players are maxed ,if the game crashes or if theres something else that causes the crash on creating.Maybe someone reading this would have an idea whats causing the crash.I can still create players using tys editor

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been working on this roster since july or august so no theres no fake names,every single name is from the actual minor and major league teams.U can find andrew(drew) locke on the current corpus christie hooks roster here

http://www.cchooks.com/roster/default/ and also here http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=locke-001and and remember i replaced players so whatever attributes the players have are from the player they replaced,with thousands of names to be made available i wasnt worried about thier attributes and stats,im only one person and to change everything would have took me until 2k90 came out lol

and u said i "ruined" your roster,how could it be ruined because the original rosters for the lower minors were all fakes.And as long as u saved ur roster u had, then u can revert back to whatever roster u want.

also one more note: at the moment teams are on 40 man rosters so most of the triple A level rosters and some double A rosters are depleted so i had to do the best i could to try and figure who played on those teams,trust me it was no easy task to do these rosters once the regular season was over

umm... maybe its just me, but this looks completely fake, lots of fake players and u messed up my roster... lots of players in 90's ratings that ive never heard of "ie andrew locke" is like a 91 or something idk

You downloaded the roster, you installed it, yet he "messed up" your roster? Get a grip. Making any mod takes a considerable amount of time, and Don is a valuable member around here. For those points alone, you should be thankful that he took time out of other things he could be doing to make a roster for others to use. That goes for every modder and every mod. Whether you like the mod or not, you should always be thankful that they made it, simply because someone, somewhere, might like it, and the experience of making that mod could lead to that same person making a mod you do like in future.

People like you give Yankees fans a bad name.

Thank you, Don.

N/P mark im happy that i can help the community in any way to make the game more enjoyable and a lil more real.Its one thing to not like a mod but to say it ruined ur game etc just isnt right.Thats the chance we take with any mod that is made whether its rosters,uniforms or any others.But if a person didnt save a file before installing any mod then its no ones fault but the person who installed it.Almost every mod made has that lil warning "SAVE THE ORIGINAL BEFORE INSTALLING" now im hoping that 2k10 will be a lil more mod friendly lol.There were so many areas in 2k9 that couldve been redone to make it even better.

juan i know that there will probally be some names missing because of what i had to work with.Especially at the triple a level because most of thier rosters are empty on thier webpages and the rosters have been changed alot.I tried to do a quick look at rosters but wanted to at least get this out.I may do an update not sure yet LOL especially since this was the second time i had to do all the rosters and research everything all over again.I never did figure out why the first roster set didnt work

You can go to baseball-reference.com and use their minor league data for AAA and down. If a player has played in the majors they will be bolded.

if u have ur game saved on C drive then its

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Username)\Application Data\2K Sports\MLB 2K9\Saves folder

and make sure first that in your folder options that u have " show hidden files and folders "checked

I'm having the same issue with the game crashing when trying to create a player. I don't think the problem is the max player limit, because in the past when I hit the limit, creating another player would not crash the game. Is there a workaround besides Ty's editor? I don't own it.

Thanks in advance!

i just checked trying to create a player also and mine crashed as well,so im not sure what normally happens when created players are maxed ,if the game crashes or if theres something else that causes the crash on creating.Maybe someone reading this would have an idea whats causing the crash.I can still create players using tys editor

TGUNN i cant figure whats causing the crash,ive tried everything i could think of like deleting players and then go to create a player mode and it still crashes in game.Wierd because i can use the editor to create players and it wont crash the game.Sux because i cant edit the face on my own created player(i put myself on the pirates *lol*)

TGUNN i cant figure whats causing the crash,ive tried everything i could think of like deleting players and then go to create a player mode and it still crashes in game.Wierd because i can use the editor to create players and it wont crash the game.Sux because i cant edit the face on my own created player(i put myself on the pirates *lol*)

I have found if you delete a player or move players to different teams while using ty's editor it corrupts the linups and rotations, if you check the lineups you may see the same player listed twice or may see a empty spot in a lineup(check all 4 lineups and starting rotation) all spots have to be filled at all lavels(majors amd minors or game will crash, I also found a fix for the editor to prevent this issue.

The person you want to move to a different team or delete remove them from the 4 lineups bty replacing with a different player, then you can move that player to different team or delete them witout casuin game crashes.Hope this helps.

I have found if you delete a player or move players to different teams while using ty's editor it corrupts the linups and rotations, if you check the lineups you may see the same player listed twice or may see a empty spot in a lineup(check all 4 lineups and starting rotation) all spots have to be filled at all lavels(majors amd minors or game will crash, I also found a fix for the editor to prevent this issue.

The person you want to move to a different team or delete remove them from the 4 lineups bty replacing with a different player, then you can move that player to different team or delete them witout casuin game crashes.Hope this helps.

I tried out that editor for the trial date thinking I might mess around updating rosters. Man, am I glad I didn't waste $10 on that! More power to whoever paid for it and figured it out. I did way better just adjusting it in the game roster management itself. Good Luck and more power to you Don!!

Thanks everyone for the quick replies and the information! I'll try to play around and see if I can figure out why creating a player within the game is causing a crash. Great work on the rosters DonSPa, your hard work is very much appreciated.

As for MLB2K10, I think I will wait for some feedback on how people like it. I miss the high heat series! I was so excited last year when I saw 2K9 for the PC, but lets say I never thought I could say I got ripped off on a $20 game...till I bought 2K9 :)

yeah i went thru all lineups before i released the roster and all is well there.The game dont crash when u play the roster it only crashes when u try to create a player.Right now i cant access tys roster editor because i recently formatted my comp and need to send a new code in order to make my copy a full version again and im just gonna wait for 2k10 to come out so i probally wont do much more for 2k9

Archived