Xbox Controller For The Pc, Need Your Help Please!

HarleyRider

Here's another question to all of you 2K10 guru's out there. I am using 2K10 for the PC. I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and works fine. I also have a Xbox 360 wired controller.

This 360 controller is made by MadCatz, not Microsoft. With the Rumblepad 2, no in-game setup is required. Everything works right. However with the MadCatz 360 controller, everything works EXCEPT for the joysticks. Does anyone else have this problem? Could it be because it is a MadCatz controller and not the Microsoft brand? I am running Windows7 Home Premium 64bit and have downloaded the Xbox controller drivers for my version of Windows but the joysticks still won't work in the game. I would really like to get it working.

If anyone has the answers and can help me with this, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot guys!!!

I had the same problem. Happened with 2K9 as well. I'm not sure what brand I have, as I know it's not an "official" MS xbox controller, but perhaps the solution is the same (I had to actually d/l a 3rd party driver and turn off driver signature verification to get it to even work, of course that's w/ Win 7 Ult. x64). Game did auto-detect the controller.

What I did was go into the controller config. If it's the same as mine, you'll see that the Aim-pitch, Set-batter buttons will generically say LS/RS. If you toggle them and choose the appropriate direction on your stick, it should change to Axis -y / Axis +x ect. From there, your sticks should function properly. Seems to be a bug or something in 2K games. Same was true in NBA2K10 as well. Just appears it doesn't actually assign the sticks and that you have to do it manually. Hope this helps!

I had the same problem. Happened with 2K9 as well. I'm not sure what brand I have, as I know it's not an "official" MS xbox controller, but perhaps the solution is the same (I had to actually d/l a 3rd party driver and turn off driver signature verification to get it to even work, of course that's w/ Win 7 Ult. x64). Game did auto-detect the controller.

What I did was go into the controller config. If it's the same as mine, you'll see that the Aim-pitch, Set-batter buttons will generically say LS/RS. If you toggle them and choose the appropriate direction on your stick, it should change to Axis -y / Axis +x ect. From there, your sticks should function properly. Seems to be a bug or something in 2K games. Same was true in NBA2K10 as well. Just appears it doesn't actually assign the sticks and that you have to do it manually. Hope this helps!

Thanks buddy. I will definitely try that.

Thanks again...

Help?? When I plug in my usb xbox360 controller, I can not get my computer to recognize the device. I have the driver from the Microsoft web site up to date, and still no action from my p.c. . Any help on what I should try next?

Help?? When I plug in my usb xbox360 controller, I can not get my computer to recognize the device. I have the driver from the Microsoft web site up to date, and still no action from my p.c. . Any help on what I should try next?

Never had any luck with MS's driver. What I used for Win 7 64x is:

Driver Signature Enforcement Override (Win 7 requires drivers be digitally signed. In Vista you can turn the feature off, but I believe that affects other security things) After installing it, enable test mode and reboot.

XBCD an independent driver for xbox controllers on PC

After installing that, the device should be recognized. Do note, however, that the MS Xbox status check still doesn't show a controller plugged in, but it works just fine. I use this for a wired controller, don't know if anything would change if you were looking to use a wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/9118-xbcd-drivers-xbox-360-gamepad.html#post166744 full walkthrough on how to isntall 3rd party control driver in win 7.

i have a question also and didn't want to start a new topic:

Do the xbox360/ps3 button overlay mods from mlb 2k9 work with 2k10? im about to buy it and this is an important feature as i can never tell what "button 1, or 2 or 3" is usually :)

if not i will wait patiently until there is one for 2k10 :)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/9118-xbcd-drivers-xbox-360-gamepad.html#post166744 full walkthrough on how to isntall 3rd party control driver in win 7.

i have a question also and didn't want to start a new topic:

Do the xbox360/ps3 button overlay mods from mlb 2k9 work with 2k10? im about to buy it and this is an important feature as i can never tell what "button 1, or 2 or 3" is usually :)

if not i will wait patiently until there is one for 2k10 :)

No they do not work. I tried it and had to re-install the whole game, as it would crash every time after the install.

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Hey, it was late when I responded to your post. I just noticed that you said xbox 360 controller. While I was delving around the XBCD forums last night, I saw that wireless 360 controllers are not supported by the driver. Just thought I'd throw out the heads up to try and avoid any frustration.

Never had any luck with MS's driver. What I used for Win 7 64x is:

Driver Signature Enforcement Override (Win 7 requires drivers be digitally signed. In Vista you can turn the feature off, but I believe that affects other security things) After installing it, enable test mode and reboot.

XBCD an independent driver for xbox controllers on PC

After installing that, the device should be recognized. Do note, however, that the MS Xbox status check still doesn't show a controller plugged in, but it works just fine. I use this for a wired controller, don't know if anything would change if you were looking to use a wireless.

Thanks for that Norag! We're neighbors. I live just up the road from you in Centerville, just south of Dayton.

Question. Do I have to install both of these programs or just the Driver "Signature Enforcement Override" one?

Thanks again...

Thanks for that Norag! We're neighbors. I live just up the road from you in Centerville, just south of Dayton.

Question. Do I have to install both of these programs or just the Driver "Signature Enforcement Override" one?

Thanks again...

Yeah you're not far at all from me. In answer to your question, if you're not going to use MS's drivers for x-box controllers, you need to install both. The only reason you even have to install the override is because of the signature requirement of OSes after XP. If you install the driver without the override, windows will not execute it. Shouldn't be an issue if you are still running XP though. Keep in mind that this driver WILL NOT work with 360 wireless devices (a communication issue somewhere along the chain I gather). I believe it does work with original X-Box wireless controllers with the addition of another piece of software. If you plan on using such a controller, let me know and I can point to the relevant info.

Archived