Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

Ty, very much looking fwd to your editor. Do you know yet if it will be able to bypass the ingame edit limit?

I'm still working on it, but I'm pretty sure that I'll get it working.

Opened up my franchise and my player files with the editor, I can see the players and click on them, but all the attribute boxes are empty. Am I doing something wrong?

This is just the first version. I took the interface from last year's version, but I disabled reading and saving most of the information, because the information is stored in a different place than last year. I will be adding in new things with each version.

hey ty a quick question,i did a total roster update for 2k9 which i replaced all fake names and all free agents that no longer were in pro ball at any level

and the game runs fine including franchise except the only problem was when u create a player in game it would crash.Any ideas what would cause that,this way

i dont repeat that problem for 2k10

I may not have properly accounted for the create a players last year. This year, I'm making sure to keep the reserved space for the names for the My Player, the 50 Create a players, 6 Teams, and 12 managers. I'll be sure to test out create a players after I get the name editing done.

I don't think this is a necessary option for the editor, but some people may want it included...

Justin Turner, a 2B in the Orioles farm system, is in 2k10. He is white in real life, but let's just say his player is farthest from that in the game haha. They have his real portrait in the game, so I don't want to create a new player looking more like him because then I'll have two of the same in the game.

Adjusting skin tones and faces for generically built players would be great if possible. I could do this with one of your MVP editors.

I'll go ahead and add skin tones to the list for the next version.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would editing draft classes be possible? The draft classes now are a bunch of scrubs.

The draft class is generated when you start the draft. And you can't save during the draft.

So it looks like the draft class would have to be edited in the game's memory.

It's not working for me.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and it's just giving me the spinning circle and then nothing happens. I've tried running as an Admin and in compatibility mode. Does this not work on 64 bit?

Im running windows 7 64 bit and it works fine for me.

I think I have the names editing working perfectly.

In the default roster, you are limited to 4000 bytes for new names. After using my program on the default roster, there is 38264 bytes for new names. And any old names that are no longer used get removed.

I haven't tested to see if the in-game editor will let you make use of this space, but I have a hunch that it will.

I did create a couple of players with the in-game editor after I freed up the space for more names. I didn't notice any problems.

I simmed a whole season, and I didn't notice any problems.

I'm going to see if I can get skintone, position, throws, and bats done in the next few hours and get version 0.11 released.

Version 0.11 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This version has a 3650 day free trial.

changes since version 0.10

New features:

compressed roster.iff can now be decompressed by the program

A status label in the bottom left corner.

In addition to what you could edit with version 0.10, you can now edit:

names

skintone

Bats

Throws

Position

fixes:

removed non-players from the player list

If you have problems running it, try this:

If you have 32-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2

If you have 64-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e

If that doesn't help, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

If you still have problems, let me know.

If you have problems running it, try this:

If you have 32-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2

If you have 64-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e

If that doesn't help, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

If you still have problems, let me know.

Ty

I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1

but the editor still asked me to put dvd after I pressed "try"

I think it really need dvd to run editor

my os is win7 home premium

Ty

I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1

but the editor still asked me to put dvd after I pressed "try"

I think it really need dvd to run editor

my os is win7 home premium

Hmm. I have no idea. I thought you were joking. Can you show a screenshot of the message?

ty i did all the things did not work here is what the error is.

Can't wright:C:\program file(x86)\2KSports\MLB2k10 Roster Editor\MLB2K10 Roster Editor.exe :facepalm:

The installer is not working for you? Maybe you need to be an administrator to install.

If you have 7-zip (maybe winzip, winrar, etc...), you can extract MLB2K10 Roster Editor.exe to wherever you want.

I send you a message

plz read it

I watched your video. In the future, please don't make videos as .exe files. Also, you can't really prove that something like this occurred with a series of screenshots. That is so easy to fake.

I was mostly just wanting a screenshot of the message, so that I could confirm that it's the MLB2K10 insert DVD message.

Nothing in my program tells your computer to run MLB2K10.exe.

Two possible explanations:

1. You are lying

2. Somehow ExeShield is running MLB2K10.exe instead of my program after you click Try. Possibly because of your language.

Here's the link to the video if anyone wants to watch it: http://www.multiupload.com/PZX7ZFSY9D

ty i am an administrator i can get your editor up make changes there but it won't change the roster in the game.error can't wright C:\program file(x86)\2KSports\MLB 2K10 Roster Editor\Decompress.exe

Can you give me the whole error message?

Also, what type of file are you editing?

I watched your video. In the future, please don't make videos as .exe files. Also, you can't really prove that something like this occurred with a series of screenshots. That is so easy to fake.

I was mostly just wanting a screenshot of the message, so that I could confirm that it's the MLB2K10 insert DVD message.

Nothing in my program tells your computer to run MLB2K10.exe.

Two possible explanations:

1. You are lying

2. Somehow ExeShield is running MLB2K10.exe instead of my program after you click Try. Possibly because of your language.

Here's the link to the video if anyone wants to watch it: http://www.multiupload.com/PZX7ZFSY9D

1.I'm not lying.

2.I solved this problem,when I changed to install in a different folder.It's work.

3.Thank for your reply.

ty the file i'm editing is snash's roster i see the update in the editor screen it say's player saved- name updated but it does not update snash's in game roster i've also tried roster 1203 it also won't up date th roster i have no error when i load the editor the other error is in Post #93.

ty the file i'm editing is snash's roster i see the update in the editor screen it say's player saved- name updated but it does not update snash's in game roster i've also tried roster 1203 it also won't up date th roster i have no error when i load the editor the other error is in Post #93.

If you see "Player saved" or "Player saved - names updated", the changes are already made.

You have to load the file in the game after you save it with my editor.