Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah starting to update rosters to but the Spreadsheet I DL'd from OS is not very accurate they have guys not even playing right now and Will Rhymes on Arizona.

Is this correct or should I just use my own sheet and following along teams org. charts.

Picking up PC Version today.

probally best to go with the teams official sites.I havent checked in a couple weeks but the minor league rosters wasnt complete the last i knew.probally wont be until after all major league have made thier cuts and get back to the 25 man rosters

probally best to go with the teams official sites.I havent checked in a couple weeks but the minor league rosters wasnt complete the last i knew.probally wont be until after all major league have made thier cuts and get back to the 25 man rosters

The rosters are almost complete. I have been filling out with a bit of guess work, on who I think will make each squad. As long as they are in i am not too fussed because they can then be called up or down as needed.

I downloaded and installed the first version and it worked but couldn't edit names or any of the new stuff...then when i tried to install the latest version it didn't work... so i downloaded all of the things you suggested from the microsoft site and every time I try to run the .EXE it gives me the same error???? :fool:

post-80583-126896736843_thumb.png

Edited by BSU-FAN

I downloaded and installed the first version and it worked but couldn't edit names or any of the new stuff...then when i tried to install the latest version it didn't work... so i downloaded all of the things you suggested from the microsoft site and every time I try to run the .EXE it gives me the same error???? :fool:

Make sure MLB2K10 Roster Editor is closed before you try to install the new version. If you're at the initial screen where it has the three buttons, "Try", "Buy", and "Register", it doesn't show up on the taskbar. If you can't find it open anywhere, try restarting your computer, then try to install the new version.

I've seen that happen a few times on Windows 7 (with miscellaneous exe's). Usually what winds up working is completely delete the folder that you are trying to run the program from, then re-install it. It is like the exe is in a locked state, rebooting didn't make a difference when I've run into this.

Hope this helps.

Ty, just a heads-up on an issue I noticed with 0.11 of the editor. I made some name changes - Jesus Montero, Andrew Brackman and Austin Romine - and after making the changes, the team names are, well, messed up. :)

Before;

beforeq.jpg

After;

afterz.jpg

I have a backup taken before the changes were made, so no biggie.

Thanks.

Ty, just a heads-up on an issue I noticed with 0.11 of the editor. I made some name changes - Jesus Montero, Andrew Brackman and Austin Romine - and after making the changes, the team names are, well, messed up. :)

Before;

beforeq.jpg

After;

afterz.jpg

I have a backup taken before the changes were made, so no biggie.

Thanks.

Thanks. I've been able to duplicate it.

I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Edit: This doesn't seem to affect roster.iff, and I presume it also wouldn't affect .ros files.

I edited a couple names in roster.iff, created a new franchise with it, and simmed until mid April. I then checked out a player's year-by-year stats. The team abbreviation was fine. I then used the Roster Editor on the franchise file, and changed some more names. When I reloaded the franchise file in the game, and checked out a player's stats, the name for the player's 2010 team was just like in your picture. 2009 and prior were fine.

Guys, i have been using Ty's editor to update all major and minor league teams.

Have so far completed Angels, Astros, Athletics, Blue Jays, Braves, Cards, Cubs, Dbacks, LAD, Giants, Mariners, and their relevant minor rosters.

Not sure when this will complete, loooong process.

Edited by Mat

Guys, i have been using Ty's editor to update all major and minor league teams.

Have so far completed Angels, Astros, Athletics, Blue Jays, Braves, Cards, Cubs, Dbacks, LAD, Giants, and their relevant minor rosters.

Not sure when this will complete, loooong process.

Sounds great Mat! :)

if attributes etc doesmt matter and all u want are the players names for those years all u would need to do is change names,for example rename andrew mccutcheon to roberto clemente etc etc,of course clemente would have mccutcheons portrait which is a change away by using the mod tool

Thanks, Well I wont be buying this years game.. Sad

WHY cant there be a Game Football or Baseball that you can go and edit and have it play totaly the way YOU want it to?

Gee, In football I am stuck with limited madden or Maximum football which has issues and in Baseball HH 03 or 04 which has limits and MVP which is fine except I would like to change the classic teams around and make my own league the way I see fit without spending years doing it.

And a game that sims REAL... hard to believe we are in 2010 and still limites on games.. Ugh,,,,