Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you keep a list of all of the players names that you changed? If you did, I would like a copy of that.

I didnt end up keeping a complete list as it was slowing me down too much, and i havent played the game at all lately so i am more focused on getting it complete.

I do have something though which i will send through.

Good to hear you are still working on updating the editor, it has been an amazing help. Thanks!

Edited by Mat

Version 0.12 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This version has a 3650 day free trial. The next version will be moving to a 14 day free trial. I still expect to have the next version done sometime next week. The next version will focus on editing team rosters.

changes since version 0.11

fixes:

1. compressed roster.iff should get decompressed by the program on the first try.

2. Abbreviations in the player's year-by-year stats for years 2010+ should no longer get messed up if you edit the names in a .fxg or .cmg file. Thanks markb for pointing this out. Unfortunately I can't fix the ones that are already messed up.

3. changed the status label text when you open a file.

I didnt end up keeping a complete list as it was slowing me down too much, and i havent played the game at all lately so i am more focused on getting it complete.

I do have something though which i will send through.

Good to hear you are still working on updating the editor, it has been an amazing help. Thanks!

Don't go through too much trouble getting me the list. If you send me your roster file, I can easily create a list of player names from it, and match it up to the list of player names in the default roster that I've already made.

Don't go through too much trouble getting me the list. If you send me your roster file, I can easily create a list of player names from it, and match it up to the list of player names in the default roster that I've already made.

Ok thanks Ty, great news. Will send you PM.

Attention: Vince whose email address starts with mwd5612

I received your payment, but when I try to email you, it is returned to me after 5 days.

I just left you (vincemaa) a private message with your unlock code.

According to your profile, you haven't been active since November, so I'm leaving this message here for you as well.

I also just added your unlock code and username to the tracking info on Paypal.

I'm making good progress on editing team rosters. I was able to reuse most of my code for that part of MLB2K9 Roster Editor with some slight modifications.

I also found a couple of errors in MLB2k9 roster editor.

1. Pitcher roles were not saving from the team tab. This took about 8 new lines of code. I don't know why I didn't do it for MLB2K9 Roster Editor.

2. The checksum was being created for roster.iff if you saved a team. (This is the only roster file that doesn't use a checksum)

In MLB2K10, this crashes the game before the Click to Start screen.

I'm making good progress on editing team rosters. I was able to reuse most of my code for that part of MLB2K9 Roster Editor with some slight modifications.

I also found a couple of errors in MLB2k9 roster editor.

1. Pitcher roles were not saving from the team tab. This took about 8 new lines of code. I don't know why I didn't do it for MLB2K9 Roster Editor.

2. The checksum was being created for roster.iff if you saved a team. (This is the only roster file that doesn't use a checksum)

In MLB2K10, this crashes the game before the Click to Start screen.

I still use mlb2k9 and it works good for me. I use your editor all the time. So please fix anything you find, thanks. Where will the new or edited version be for mlb 2k9?

Version 0.20 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This version has a 14 day free trial. Franchises and My Player files can only be edited for the first 3 days of the trial.

changes since version 0.12:

Team tab is now operational. You can edit lineups,rotations,defensive alignment, and pitcher roles.

On the player tab, you can now assign players to another team or to the free agents list.

You can change pitching roles from the player's pitching tab.

You can change injury duration and DL days left from the player's general tab.

You can change injury status from the player's general tab. Note: I didn't test this one in-game.

Version 0.20 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This version has a 14 day free trial. Franchises and My Player files can only be edited for the first 3 days of the trial.

changes since version 0.12:

Team tab is now operational. You can edit lineups,rotations,defensive alignment, and pitcher roles.

On the player tab, you can now assign players to another team or to the free agents list.

You can change pitching roles from the player's pitching tab.

You can change injury duration and DL days left from the player's general tab.

You can change injury status from the player's general tab. Note: I didn't test this one in-game.

awesome mate. you will have my cash tonight. :)

Version 0.21 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This version has a 14 day free trial. Franchises and My Player files can only be edited for the first 3 days of the trial.

changes since version 0.20:

1. Added "Import List" Button. This reads updatelist.txt and updates the file currently loaded in the editor with the portrait numbers from updatelist.txt. Kraw will release a new version of his MLB Thingy soon. He will include a program that I wrote that is capable of creating a new portrait file. You can potentially have 10000 portraits in the new file. 2010 Portraits for 2K10 are also coming soon. We also decided that since we're already maintaining a list of portrait numbers for MVP Baseball, it would be a good idea to switch over to this list. This list can be viewed from http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/mvp-ids

2. When you install the program, .fxg, .cmg, and .ros files are associated with MLB2K10 Roster Editor.

When you click the Browse button, you will now be taken automatically to your saves folder.

3. I added two links to the bottom:

Buy -- which takes you to the page where you can buy my program

Download -- which takes you to my download page where you can download the latest version of my program

4. The status label now shows the index number of the currently selected player. (the same index number as in updatelist.txt)

Here's the differences between the original roster and the official April 1st roster:

(I only checked first and last names, and portrait number)

minor name changes:

slot 1358 John Meloan 2294 -- Jon Meloan 2294

slot 1639 Ramon Ramirez 2492 -- Ramon A. Ramirez 2492

major name changes with new portrait number:

slot 271 Julian Pensota 2196 -- Taylor Anthony 10514

slot 288 Juan Lucero 6250 -- Xavier K. McBath 10516

slot 1121 Jared Hanson 6837 -- Jimmy Grimmage 10513

slot 1779 Chris Parker 6640 -- Mike Miller 10515

slot 2071 Arnold Rogers 2379 -- Jordan Botker 10519

slot 2166 Aaron Glover 2254 -- Josh Haring 10517

slot 2316 Clay Timlin 6223 -- Mike Podell 10518

portrait number change:

slot 46 Zachary Senna 1067 -- Zachary Senna 10501

slot 242 Ronny Chulk 2928 -- Ronny Chulk 10506

slot 733 Jim Wilson 6659 -- Jim Wilson 10511

slot 868 Willy Aybar 0 -- Willy Aybar 6317

slot 1084 Tim Robertson 0 -- Tim Robertson 6430

slot 1154 Casey Conkey 6671 -- Casey Conkey 10512

slot 1360 Ben Shelton 1762 -- Ben Shelton 10505

slot 1514 Jordan Logan 1696 -- Jordan Logan 10504

slot 1667 Max Townsend 1105 -- Max Townsend 10503

slot 1688 Chris Jacobson 1075 -- Chris Jacobson 10502

slot 1714 Esteban Costa 6327 -- Esteban Costa 10500

slot 1947 Kanekoa Heap 5496 -- Kanekoa Heap 10510

slot 2383 Dave Little 2954 -- Dave Little 10507

slot 2756 Alex Sapida 3168 -- Alex Sapida 10508

slot 3191 Darryl Bratcher 5495 -- Darryl Bratcher 10509

ty (or anyone else),

is there a way to export the mlb2k10 roster to a comma seperated file or spreadsheet, I have a file that contained this for last years game but I'm not sure who made it (or how).

Thanks

Tony3 did that last year.

I'm still in the process of identifying all of the items. once I do that, I could export it as a csv file. (I've already done it for player names and portrait numbers)