Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

that would be great, I'm looking at creating a roster and/or a spreadsheet to generate ratings for the game, but would like to do some research with the ratings before I begin and it would save loads of time to have this handy.

Make me a list of the ratings that you would like in the csv, and I'll try to get it done this week.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that would be great, I'm looking at creating a roster and/or a spreadsheet to generate ratings for the game, but would like to do some research with the ratings before I begin and it would save loads of time to have this handy.

You mean like alter the ratings to make them more realistic?

ty, I would need all of the games ratings, but just when you get time don't hurry with it on my account I'm sure you are busy with other things as well.

Bacon, the goal would be to create a realistic playing roster set.

I'm already doing something similar, except it will mostly only apply to ML players, not minor leaguers. I'm half way done with position players. It takes a long *** time.

hey ty i have a question,now that there is a list on fake named players etc,should we wait until ur editor is done before changing names??the reason i ask is

the tabs hitting pitching and fielding,skins tones etc are all still 0's.If we change the names and when u get to that part of ur project will the changed names automatically update with the abilities as well or will they have to be updated on our own if we change the names??

oh btw i bought the editor again this year so u should get a pay pal confirmation soon

hey ty i have a question,now that there is a list on fake named players etc,should we wait until ur editor is done before changing names??the reason i ask is

the tabs hitting pitching and fielding,skins tones etc are all still 0's.If we change the names and when u get to that part of ur project will the changed names automatically update with the abilities as well or will they have to be updated on our own if we change the names??

oh btw i bought the editor again this year so u should get a pay pal confirmation soon

The ratings cannot be changed right now (or at least I haven't found out a way to).

I have been able to move around the players though, which is good.

If you change names, the abilities are left alone. skin tone is editable in the editor.

BTW. I will probably add the name changes into the updatelist.txt. This file is used in the latest version to change portrait numbers to MVP portrait numbers.

I'm making good progress on the research for my next version.

I've found the locations for the pitch type, speed, movement, control, and tendency. I've also found the locations for all of the pitching abilities and the pitching-related tendencies.

I'll go ahead and look for the Batting Abilities, batting-related tendencies, Baserunning Abilities, Fielding Abilities. I'll also look for the batting stance and pitching delivery, and the custom stance and custom delivery.

I'm aiming to have the new version done my Monday morning.

I'm making good progress on the research for my next version.

I've found the locations for the pitch type, speed, movement, control, and tendency. I've also found the locations for all of the pitching abilities and the pitching-related tendencies.

I'll go ahead and look for the Batting Abilities, batting-related tendencies, Baserunning Abilities, Fielding Abilities. I'll also look for the batting stance and pitching delivery, and the custom stance and custom delivery.

I'm aiming to have the new version done my Monday morning.

I found all of these. I'll start putting them into the program tomorrow.

Hi Ty,

I wouldnt have a problem with buying your program this year if you put a sort function and a search by birthdate function. Trying to find a player when you just know the first letter of the fake name is as hard as finding it in game and most fake player names last year had the correct birthdate for the players. So if you get something like that put in I would buy it.

Hi Ty,

I wouldnt have a problem with buying your program this year if you put a sort function and a search by birthdate function. Trying to find a player when you just know the first letter of the fake name is as hard as finding it in game and most fake player names last year had the correct birthdate for the players. So if you get something like that put in I would buy it.

What exactly do you want sorted? The list of players?

I think I can add in search by birthdate easily.

Having trouble getting your program installed. Getting this error message:

crashv.png

edit: I'm using W7, so running it in compatibility mode fixed it. Now, I'm wondering if there's a tutorial for A) importing portraits into unused spots (for example, getting Ben Sheets a portrait), and B) importing portraits for created players?

I've seen it mentioned but never in much detail. Thanks in advance!

Edited by mantis3

Having trouble getting your program installed. Getting this error message:

crashv.png

edit: I'm using W7, so running it in compatibility mode fixed it. Now, I'm wondering if there's a tutorial for A) importing portraits into unused spots (for example, getting Ben Sheets a portrait), and B) importing portraits for created players?

I've seen it mentioned but never in much detail. Thanks in advance!

Hmm. I use Windows 7, and I don't get that error.

Check out the recent downloads on mlbmods.com

I recommend kraw's MLB Thingy 2k10 for adding portraits. With MLB Thingy 2k10, you aren't restricted to using the spots from the original portrait file.

There are also portraits for 10 of the 30 teams for MLB2K10 at mlbmods.com

Heres an example for ya Ty

Lets say I need to look for a fake name of J.Sanchez. I cant search with what you have because I need to use 3 letters. So would it be easy enough to be able to sort and show anyone with the name that starts with J ? It seems like everyone that posts fake names post them with just the first letter of the players first name.

Heres an example for ya Ty

Lets say I need to look for a fake name of J.Sanchez. I cant search with what you have because I need to use 3 letters. So would it be easy enough to be able to sort and show anyone with the name that starts with J ? It seems like everyone that posts fake names post them with just the first letter of the players first name.

You can search for Sanchez, and you get a list of 11 players. 3 of them have first names that start with J

I've added the birthday search. you type the players birthday in mmdd or mmddyyyy format in the Search box. When you press Enter, you get a list of players whose birthdays match.

It will be in the next version.

You can search for Sanchez, and you get a list of 11 players. 3 of them have first names that start with J

I've added the birthday search. you type the players birthday in mmdd or mmddyyyy format in the Search box. When you press Enter, you get a list of players whose birthdays match.

It will be in the next version.

Thanks Ty, I feel so stupid right now. I appreciate you adding the birthdate deal. I think that will help when trying to add the real players in the game. I have one more for you if you can do it. Whats the chance of adding the number of hitters and pitchers minus personel on the dl to the teams listings so we dont physically have to count the number of players on a team that will show the AAA and AA affiliates along with it. Right now Bacon has a nice roster done but there is a problem with it and I think it might be that hes got players on the dl so there arent enough players to fill slots. I'm going through them 1 by one and having a box that shows the number of hitters and pitchers would help alot.