HT's MVP 05 2010 roster

themAN9909

File Name: HT's MVP 05 2010 roster

File Submitter: themAN9909

File Submitted: 15 Mar 2010

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.1

This is a roster suitable for MVP 05 PC users based on depth charts as of 03-11-2010

Just unzip the MLB_Rosters.zip file in2 ur MyDocuments/MVP Baseball 2005 directory and njoy!

Just a side note...

THE ROSTERS ARE NOT PERFECT!!!

As U wil c I am biased toward my Yankees and there are a couple others (Strasburg,Heyward,Chapman) that i looked @ future performance

But u may edit them as u will

The Major league rosters are fairly accurate but the minors need work but are a good basis for someone to edit if they choose!

Click here to download this file

As U wil c I am biased toward my Yankees and there are a couple others (Strasburg,Heyward,Chapman) that i looked @ future performance

Thanks, but no thanks. No one's as biased towards the Yankees in here as I am and you can ask anyone but I'll pass on a roster that pads their numbers. I'll take KG's roster for a more accurate and fair representation of the players for each team.

Also when you said you looked at "future performance" for some of the new guys that's just another way of saying you are taking a guess on how they are going to be based on the hype they received in the press. So I would guess that lefthand pitcher Adrolis Chapman must be the second coming of Sandy Koufax, Lefty Grove, Carl Hubbell and Eddie Plank all rolled into one in this roster without playing in a major league game yet.

I don't know how old you are but google a pitcher named David Clyde. There, I did it for you. A brief history on Clyde in case you don't want to read it: He was a promising young lefthanded pitcher who signed a contract with the Texas Rangers right out of high school and then was the number one pick in the 1973 draft. Two weeks after he got out of high school he pitched for the Rangers and he actually won the first game he appeared in. Unfortunately for him, that was the highlight of his career because he was rushed to get him to the major league level because the Rangers wanted to fill their stadium and Clyde developed arm trouble and was out of baseball by 1979. So all I am trying to say here is that you can't assume how good a player is going to be by the press coverage he is getting before he actually does something between the white lines.

But I do thank you for your contribution to the site. I am not saying this is how others will perceive this roster, but this is how I look at it.

Mark Prior is another great example. Then again, maybe not. The hype was true, in the season and a half he was healthy, he was just as good as they said he would be, but then he was hurt. Strasburg, Chapman... They may be great, they may not, but don't go over board with them just yet. Kills the realism.

I don't play MVP anymore, really, so I have not looked at your ratings, they may be great... But really, if you admit right off that you are biased towards the Yankees, how many fans of other teams are gonna enjoy them?

Consistency is the key here. If you do it for one team, you need to do it for all of them.

Call it constructive criticism if you like. Just a bit of advice. You can take it or leave it.

Why do the Yankees need any more help? Isn't there $180 million dollar payroll enough?

I edited my original comment in here not because I didn't regret what I said or thought, but I didn't want to get into another Yankee argument with the trolls in here. But I still think it is safe to wonder what the hell the payroll has to do with creating a roster set.

Back on topic with this thread.

I edited my original comment in here not because I didn't regret what I said or thought, but I didn't want to get into another Yankee argument with the trolls in here. But I still think it is safe to wonder what the hell the payroll has to do with creating a roster set.

Back on topic with this thread.

It was a joke.

Ok here we go......

First, thanx 2 those who downloaded these rosters i hope u found njoyment in using them

Second, i clearly state the rosters ARE NOT PERFECT

Constructive criticism is fine, but I dont really care what people think about them

I am not a modder or whatever it is thats done on this and other sites

I SIMPLY UPLOADED THIS FOR PEOPLE 2 ENJOY AND HAVE A basis 4 THE 2010 season. U CAN EDIT THEM AS IT SUITS YOU LOL!!!!

Third I clearly state my bias toward Yankees. Since I stated that, if u r not 2 LAZY simply edit them down 2 whatever level u like...SIMPLE

Fourth if u look @ the Majors lineups they are fairly consistent with MLB.com depth charts but ARE NOT PERFECT

Fifth LOL as 4 future performance please look @ the ratings b4 u post if u dont like the ratings EDIT THEM..SIMPLE lol

Last, I have played these rosters in franchise MANY times. After some games of course it crashes it is well documented on here and other MVP05 websites that some fields cause it, and other aspects, so dont simply cite the rosters as the reason 4 the crashes

and P.S. dont b lazy if u feel the need 2 edit them FEEL FREE! this roster is a BASIS 4 the 2010 season not the be all end all definitive roster lol

Just njoy & relax its just a download LOL!!

Thanx

Thanks, but no thanks. No one's as biased towards the Yankees in here as I am and you can ask anyone but I'll pass on a roster that pads their numbers. I'll take KG's roster for a more accurate and fair representation of the players for each team.

Also when you said you looked at "future performance" for some of the new guys that's just another way of saying you are taking a guess on how they are going to be based on the hype they received in the press. So I would guess that lefthand pitcher Adrolis Chapman must be the second coming of Sandy Koufax, Lefty Grove, Carl Hubbell and Eddie Plank all rolled into one in this roster without playing in a major league game yet.

I don't know how old you are but google a pitcher named David Clyde. There, I did it for you. A brief history on Clyde in case you don't want to read it: He was a promising young lefthanded pitcher who signed a contract with the Texas Rangers right out of high school and then was the number one pick in the 1973 draft. Two weeks after he got out of high school he pitched for the Rangers and he actually won the first game he appeared in. Unfortunately for him, that was the highlight of his career because he was rushed to get him to the major league level because the Rangers wanted to fill their stadium and Clyde developed arm trouble and was out of baseball by 1979. So all I am trying to say here is that you can't assume how good a player is going to be by the press coverage he is getting before he actually does something between the white lines.

But I do thank you for your contribution to the site. I am not saying this is how others will perceive this roster, but this is how I look at it.

Ohh...

Brother (loose term) u r not the only one that knows baseball history so please dont tell me about David Clyde, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, etc. and u have a right 2 ur opinion i respect that but u come across like u r the God of baseball..And look @ the rosters and ratings b4 u make a comment Chapman 4 example is rated the FIFTH best startiing pitcher on the REds!

Some Sandy Koufax

relax its just a download

Ohh...

Brother (loose term) u r not the only one that knows baseball history so please dont tell me about David Clyde, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, etc. and u have a right 2 ur opinion i respect that but u come across like u r the God of baseball..And look @ the rosters and ratings b4 u make a comment Chapman 4 example is rated the FIFTH best startiing pitcher on the REds!

Some Sandy Koufax

I think people would take you more seriously if you didn't spell lik thiss.

Ohh...

Some Sandy Koufax

Please point out to me where I said or I assumed that I am the only one that knows baseball history because I must have missed it. And it is very clear to me that I also missed coming across like I was the "God of baseball."

Now, what I actually did here was when you said you rated some of the new guys (like Stephen Strasberg) on future performance -a fancy way to say that you guessed- was to try and point out to you that this is a completely inaccurate way to go about making out a roster. You or I can't even guess if one rookie is going to be good or not simply based on the hype that surrounds the player.

This is hardly an attitude of someone who thinks he is a "God of baseball" but rather someone who does not blindly accept the hyperboles associated with first year promising rookies. That is, I actually use my head and I take a wait and see attitude towards these guys. In other words I am using the brains God gave me and applying common sense, both things obviously lacking in your response back to me.

I have no intention of looking at your roster now to see where Chapman is rated or where anyone else is rated. I told you my reasons why I did not want to have this download and instead of you paying attention to what I wrote you decided to insult me, which is fine.

One more thing, don't ever call me brother.

Please point out to me where I said or I assumed that I am the only one that knows baseball history because I must have missed it. And it is very clear to me that I also missed coming across like I was the "God of baseball."

Now, what I actually did here was when you said you rated some of the new guys (like Stephen Strasberg) on future performance -a fancy way to say that you guessed- was to try and point out to you that this is a completely inaccurate way to go about making out a roster. You or I can't even guess if one rookie is going to be good or not simply based on the hype that surrounds the player.

This is hardly an attitude of someone who thinks he is a "God of baseball" but rather someone who does not blindly accept the hyperboles associated with first year promising rookies. That is, I actually use my head and I take a wait and see attitude towards these guys. In other words I am using the brains God gave me and applying common sense, both things obviously lacking in your response back to me.

I have no intention of looking at your roster now to see where Chapman is rated or where anyone else is rated. I told you my reasons why I did not want to have this download and instead of you paying attention to what I wrote you decided to insult me, which is fine.

One more thing, don't ever call me brother.

lol u take urself and this crap WAY 2 SERIOUS lol

U do come across as God of baseball 2 ME....it is an OPINion lol fact 2 me but mayb not fact 2 u...AN OPINION

And lil man u cannot tell the intelligence of someone by a post

2 wit ur post....it was idiotic and childish 2 me but 2 u it was intelligent and well thought out, so there u r

and as i said those who downloaded the roster NJOY lol I DOnT care if u dont look @ it @ all, which just proves my point that u just spout random crap instaed of lookin @ the roster close

I guess u r some type of authority figure on this board where people THINK UR OPINION matters lol

I simply DONT CARE i was simply providing a basis ROSTER 4 the 2010 season that People CAN EDIT AS THEY CHOOSE since i clearly said

ITS NOT PERFECT LOL and those who have aND NJOY I once again say THANK YOU!!

Brother (very loose term)

U do come across as God of baseball 2 ME....it is an OPINion lol fact 2 me but mayb not fact 2 u...AN OPINION

There is a spellchecker built right into Firefox. Why don't you take advantage of it from now on?

And lil man u cannot tell the intelligence of someone by a post

In this case I can.

and as i said those who downloaded the roster NJOY lol I DOnT care if u dont look @ it @ all, which just proves my point that u just spout random crap instaed of lookin @ the roster close

Why should I bother to look at your roster close? You yourself said that you spiked up the stats for the Yankees and rated people like Adrolis Chapman on "future performance" based on him not even appearing in a regular season game yet. "Wow, Chapman is supposed to be good. That's what ESPN says. Let me make his stats based on his press coverage."

This isn't spouting random crap. These responses are based on your description of your mod.

I guess u r some type of authority figure on this board where people THINK UR OPINION matters lol

I simply DONT CARE i was simply providing a basis ROSTER 4 the 2010 season that People CAN EDIT AS THEY CHOOSE since i clearly said

ITS NOT PERFECT LOL and those who have aND NJOY I once again say THANK YOU!!

Well, yes I am. Look at the group I am in. But that does not make my opinion worth more than another user on here because of it. My intention in my first post was to let you know of the major drawback on your roster set and the reasons why people may not download the mod. I realize that you took the time to create this and to upload this here and the best way a modder is thanked around here is for the community to download and use his work and based on what you put into this, people are more apt to passing up this mod and waiting another two weeks or so for the new rosters by KGBaseball, a modder who does not allow person bias towards his favorite team to appear in his work.

Like I said, I am a Yankee fan too and if I pass up a roster with juiced up stats for my favorite team that is saying something.

Anyways, take it for what it's worth because I have the feeling I'm wasting my time here explaining this.

Notice also that all my words are spelled correctly. That's due to the combination of knowing how to spell, the desire to express myself clearly and for using the spell check in Firefox when I have a question on the spelling of a word.

And lastly, your response to GoRedSox34 was way out of line:

i think i said i dont care what peope think lil boy lol

think b4 u post lol

ps- redsox fan...figures the lack of intelligence lol

Just because you are a Yankee fan doesn't excuse you or provide you a reason to give this guy a hard time. Red Sox fans are not my favorite people but in this case this guy said and did nothing out of line here and I think you owe him an apology. The only person showing any lack of intelligence in this thread has been you so don't go putting this guy down. GoRedSox34 has been a member here since 2007 and this guy has never done one thing in here for anyone to be insulting towards him in any way so I strongly advise you to never attempt to do this again.

Please accept my apologies GoRedSox34 in this matter.

themAN9909 is a perfect example of why there should a license to access the internet. You uploaded a file, great, your helping the site. Acting like a massive jackass because people made constructive comments on how to improve the file, however, is not helping the site.

I'm not trying to be entertaining here at all.

LOL u r truly priceless

u get on me for calling another loser an idiot

yet u say i cant spell and lak intelligence lol

u r not even worth the trouble BROTHER (LOOSE TERM)

U TAKE this way 2 serious! I guess u r really the GOD OF MVPMODS instaed of baseball lol

u speak 4 other people,apologize 4 something thats idiotic, and just Lord over this topic with ur OPINION lol

if u dont want 2 use the roster dont use it!!!!!!!!!!!!SIMPLE

STOP WHINING ITS childish and severely immature and stop takin ur "TITLE" so seriously lol

And ths IS ENTERTAINING cause u really r pissed

ROTFLMAO

BROTHER!!!

Have a nice day go get a ice cream or a happy meal guy

IT AINT THat SERIOUS

I await ur terse response

LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Oh P.S. I use Google Chrome and most people understand internet language & gramaar r not that important

I aint writin a thesis lol

themAN9909 is a perfect example of why there should a license to access the internet. You uploaded a file, great, your helping the site. Acting like a massive jackass because people made constructive comments on how to improve the file, however, is not helping the site.

lol r u serious

have u cured cancer or something?

just relax its JUST A DOWNLOAD LOL!

There is a spellchecker built right into Firefox. Why don't you take advantage of it from now on?

In this case I can.

Why should I bother to look at your roster close? You yourself said that you spiked up the stats for the Yankees and rated people like Adrolis Chapman on "future performance" based on him not even appearing in a regular season game yet. "Wow, Chapman is supposed to be good. That's what ESPN says. Let me make his stats based on his press coverage."

This isn't spouting random crap. These responses are based on your description of your mod.

Well, yes I am. Look at the group I am in. But that does not make my opinion worth more than another user on here because of it. My intention in my first post was to let you know of the major drawback on your roster set and the reasons why people may not download the mod. I realize that you took the time to create this and to upload this here and the best way a modder is thanked around here is for the community to download and use his work and based on what you put into this, people are more apt to passing up this mod and waiting another two weeks or so for the new rosters by KGBaseball, a modder who does not allow person bias towards his favorite team to appear in his work.

Like I said, I am a Yankee fan too and if I pass up a roster with juiced up stats for my favorite team that is saying something.

Anyways, take it for what it's worth because I have the feeling I'm wasting my time here explaining this.

Notice also that all my words are spelled correctly. That's due to the combination of knowing how to spell, the desire to express myself clearly and for using the spell check in Firefox when I have a question on the spelling of a word.

And lastly, your response to GoRedSox34 was way out of line:

Just because you are a Yankee fan doesn't excuse you or provide you a reason to give this guy a hard time. Red Sox fans are not my favorite people but in this case this guy said and did nothing out of line here and I think you owe him an apology. The only person showing any lack of intelligence in this thread has been you so don't go putting this guy down. GoRedSox34 has been a member here since 2007 and this guy has never done one thing in here for anyone to be insulting towards him in any way so I strongly advise you to never attempt to do this again.

Please accept my apologies GoRedSox34 in this matter.

LASTLY...

what r u gonna do...spank me Teach lol

again u r priceless

U are part of a website for a VIDEO GAME!!!

U didnt cure cancer, or send a land rover 2 Mars, or u r not even a self made milionaire

RELAX BROTHER its just a game and just a download lol

geez!!

Well this website has always been known for its wide selection of mods and downloads. But most importantly, the QUALITY of its mods and downloads. So when someone uploads something which is half-arsed and screwed up, you've got to expect that people will critisize.

But when you start insulting people, especially one of the respected admins on here, I have a feeling your stay will be short. There is really no need.

Archived