Why Is Mlb 2K9 So Underestimated!

rade

Hi guys. I am Vladimir from Serbia.

I am a very big fan of MVP2005. I play it every day for almost 3-4 years. It is a great game, you know that.

But, my question to all of you is --- Why is MLB2K9 for PC so underestimated. I must say that I never actually play that game, but as I see on Youtube graphichs is stunning, almost photorealistic, it is like I am watching a real game on Tv, that is great, that is obvious advantage over MVP2005. Is gameplay part of the game that is under everyone's critisism, and what exactly in the gameplay (AI or something). ?

Thahks in advance and greetings from Serbia!!!

There is a saying which fits in very well here: Do not judge a book by its cover.

2k9 may have nice graphics, but basically that is all that game had going for it. 2k9 had more bugs attached to it and there were so many of them they can not be listed here. Do some searches for videos of 2k9 on Youtube and you will see proof of why 2k9 was such a bad game.

All you are basing your opinion on is the graphics that you saw. If you played 2k9 you would have never bothered to ask why it was so bad.

Do not judge a book by its cover.

I read this post earlier and thought of the exact same words, after my mind had toned it down a bit from something to do with a turd and makeup..

But anyway..

Do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and save your money. I can't speak for any of their other sports titles, but  if people stop buying their broken games, eventually they'll have no choice but to stop making them, at least the baseball title. 

That said, everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion and there are some people having fun with the game, not to mention a patch is (supposedly) pending.  Hopefully enough people respond to give you some background and their opinions on whether or not to buy the game.  In the end it's up to you.

Good luck.

I read this post earlier and thought of the exact same words, after my mind had toned it down a bit from something to do with a turd and makeup..

But anyway..

Do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and save your money. I can't speak for any of their other sports titles, but  if people stop buying their broken games, eventually they'll have no choice but to stop making them, at least the baseball title. 

That said, everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion and there are some people having fun with the game, not to mention a patch is (supposedly) pending.  Hopefully enough people respond to give you some background and their opinions on whether or not to buy the game.  In the end it's up to you.

Good luck.

Joe - You realize that he is asking about 2K9 (last year's game) and not 2K10, right?

• 1 month later...

2K9 had major bugs at the beginning but the patch from 2K Sports helped fix many of them. Main ones that still exist and bother me are the catches in outfield and injury situations where one day injuries take 15 days to heal. However, I can deal with those two things and have enjoyed MLB 2K9 a lot. However, now I haven't played it for a while because I am hoping to get some updated rosters because it isn't fun without updated rosters. I am hoping that someone loads updated rosters so I don't have to update them.

Archived