A Giant Season

Griz891

Heres my 25 man roster for the Giants 2010 Season.

STARTERS

TIM LINCECUM

MATT CAIN

JONATHON SANCHEZ

BARRY ZITO

TODD WELLEMEYER

RELIEF

SERGIO ROMO

GUILLERMO MOTA

MIKE MILLER

BRANDON MEDDERS

SETUP

JEREMY AFFELDT

CLOSER

BRIAN WILSON

FIELDERS

PABLO SANDOVAL

MARK DEROSA

JUAN URIBE

NATE SCHIERHOLTZ

FREDDY SANCHEZ

AARON ROWAND

BENGIE MOLINA

TRAVIS ISHIKAWA

FRED LEWIS

EDGAR RENTERIA

AUBREY HUFF

EUGENIO VELEZ

BUSTER POSEY

KEVIN FRANDSEN

Just finished up the 1st series of the 2010 season. Had a tough go of it against the Astros the first 2 games. We struckout way to much in the 1st game as well as the 2nd game. Game 2 we left way to many guys on base. Pitching looked really good but we just couldn't get the run support to back it up. Game 3, the pitching was fantastic from Jonathon Sanchez. Sandoval and Schierholtz knocked in 3 of the 4 runs and a really solid outing to come away with a much needed victory and to avoid a sweep. We're back home now for a couple series against the Braves and the Pirates and hoping to have a solid homestand.

post-26859-127022650375_thumb.jpg

GIANTS AVOID SWEEP TAKE GAME 3

After losing games 1 & 2 both in extra innings, the Giants in the bottom of the 8th pick up 2 runs to break up the 1-1 tie. A one out triple from Pablo Sandoval drove in Bengie Molina. Two batters later Mark Derosa hits a rbi single to drive in Sandoval as the Giants pulled out a much needed 3-1 win. Tim Lincecum pitched 7 1/3 strong innings striking out 10 batters but wasn't awarded the win with his hard effort. Jair Jurgens was nailed for the loss as the Braves go to 4-2 on the season and Giants are now 2-4. Next up for the Giants will be a 3 game series against the Pirates at home.post-26859-127042232964_thumb.jpgpost-26859-127042234472_thumb.jpg

Griz, these updates look great!  Have you thought of hosting the images on pic hosting site?  Photobucket or Tinypic?  Not a big deal, but the pics would be posted at a larger size without having to click on the thumbnail.

Agree with JR. This is looking good. Keep up the good work. :hi:

Great update, Griz, and good win.  I see Lincecum is 1-1 with a 4.73 era.  I must have missed his first start, at least I didn't see it on the previous page.  He must have got roughed up in his first appearance. 

Thanks Joe. I accidently deleted my franchise a week or so ago and had to start over. I actually had a couple franchises going and decided to delete the american league one, instead I deleted the Giants. So I started the Astros series up again and played those 3 games in 2 days. Couldn't believe I clicked on the wrong team. I'm still thinking of starting up an American League Franchise just not sure which team right now. The bummer part is I had already posted the Astros series here, but after accidently deleting it wasn't sure what I should do so I played catch-up to get to the Braves Series. So to answer your question, Lincecum did get roughed up opening day.

Thanks Joe. I accidently deleted my franchise a week or so ago and had to start over. I actually had a couple franchises going and decided to delete the american league one, instead I deleted the Giants. So I started the Astros series up again and played those 3 games in 2 days. Couldn't believe I clicked on the wrong team. I'm still thinking of starting up an American League Franchise just not sure which team right now. The bummer part is I had already posted the Astros series here, but after accidently deleting it wasn't sure what I should do so I played catch-up to get to the Braves Series. So to answer your question, Lincecum did get roughed up opening day.

I hear ya man, I've started a season with the A's (only played the first game), and really want to continue that season since I basically play with them every year.  I keep all the stats (MVP) from each year and it's always fun to go back and see how players have done over the years.  I'd much rather play with realistic rosters, which I don't have in my Reds season.

Oh well, I'll keep plugging along until I get strapped for time and decide what to do from there.

Archived